For my first texture project, I decided to try and fix what I saw as a lack of texture for the Satyr's hooves and horns.

It took a couple hours to figure out the arcane ways of Intrinsic Alchemy's texture methods from various bits and pieces of posts here on the forums (and Fridlekh's wonderful AGH exporter). There's another two hours in figuring out the rather odd UV of the meshes used and trying to compensate for some strange texture stretching.

Once I had built an understanding of the model structures and how the textures were applied - which simply required placing colored 'marker' spots in various locations in the exported TGA, loading Istaria to convert the TGA to AGH, reloading Istaria in the character creator to load the modified AGH, seeing where the makers were (hopefully somewhere visible), then rinsing and repeating about a dozen times to figure out the texture placement on the model. (Male Satyr hooves have some pretty bad texture stretching going on)

Actual 'art' time for this project was about an hour - this covers all of the various fur colors for the male and female models for both hooves and horns.

Tools used were Fridlekh's AGH viewer, The Gimp, and the Istaria client.

Here are a few sample 'before and after' images:

Each fur color is reflected in the hooves and horns. I will probably revisit the male hooves as I'm still not completely happy with them. This is due mostly to the odd texture stretching... But I think I can work around it and bring them more in line with the female's with an update.

If there is any interest in these modified textures, I'll zip them up and make them available.

My next project will probably be an examination of the weapon models and associated textures.