Quote Originally Posted by skott_karlsson View Post
Most MMO games have it so as the farther you go into an area the mobs get tougher. Not with Istaria. I never have liked how the developers put higher mobs in front of the lower mobs you must get to in order to complete a quest or get the needed dropped item. Pretty stupid in my opinion. Some people like the challenge but I find it more frustrating than fun.
Oddly, this is one of the things I've always liked about Istaria... What semi-sentient creature, in good conscience, would leave its weak or young to defend the outer edges of its habitat while the stronger and more able warriors sit deep inside? It's backwards in most MMOs - the strong should defend the weak.

Now, I understand 'why' this is done - to provide a linear difficulty increase as a player progresses into an area, but it still seems silly if you really think about it.

Istaria's critters also pick on the weakest opponent first, rather than who has the most threat... Again, more realistic - reduce the number of things you have to fight as quickly as possible; but it's certainly a bigger pain to work around in a group.