I have a Windows 7 and a Windows XP Machine and see some differences between these in Istaria, as follows:

Under Windows 7 the stone markers at road intersections (such as the 3 markers at the road junction between Last Stand and Wolf's Paw) have a visible arrow but display no legend. The legend can be read in the Target Window when stone marker is given a left mouse click.

Under Windows 7 the weapon tricking screen on the Item Creation window (for weapons that allow tricking) displays no preview image. As a result, the tricking selections are not directly useable during item creation.

Under windows XP both the Stone Marker Legends and the weapon tricking previews are visible.

There are two threads on this Forum with a few clues about this behavior. There are probably other players who might have seen it as well but have not posted on this Forum. One is the Weapons tricking thread in the Help Forum category and the other is the Current Game Bugs thread.

Dhalin and Firebrand report the sign legend problem on Windows 7 X64 and sign legend ok on Windows XP. Kleohais reported the weapon tricking preview problem on Windows Vista but commented that some other players using Vista could see the preview.

Dorrin reported that in Windows XP the sign legends and weapon tricking preview were not available if the Pref in ClientPrefs_Graphic.def is set to the non-dafault : bool renderedTexturesEnabled false.

My Windows 7 is X64 version and my Video Card is an ATI HD 5770. my renderedTextureEnabled pref is set to true. I know of a Windows 7 x64 user with an Nvidia GT 230M Video Card and who can see the stone marker legends and the weapon tricking previews.

I hope others who have the problem can assist in further identifying the cause of this problem:

It seems to be only on Vista and Windows 7

Is it only X64 versions of these Windows (and maybe x64 XP if any players use)?

Is it only ATI Video Cards or are there similar problems with any Nvidia Video cards?

Any thoughts or suggestions on this issue?

Other players please comment and if you have in game friends who do not read these Forums or do not post here, pass their experience here on their behalf.

Knossos