Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
Whoa. Unless college means something else where you live, there's something seriously wrong going on.

I would expect that your instructor has a responsibility to maintain order in their classroom, first and foremost, and has the authority to remove disruptive or abusive students. Talk to your instructor. If you already have, and they refuse to do anything about it, speak with their department head, and keep going up the totem pole until you find someone who will take action. Permitting that sort of crap in a classroom is tantamount to encouraging it and the instructor doing so should be reprimanded.

Depending on how much you fear for your safety, you should probably also talk to campus security.

Whatever you do, as others have suggested, make sure you document what's going on, and make sure the people above get a copy regularly (but not more often than once a day). You'll need to build a case, otherwise they'll think its an isolated incident. You'll also need something to prove your case if their taunting turns into physical assault.

Now, let's say nobody there wants to do anything despite your pleas for help. You're likely paying the college, and have other options -- GTFO and take your money elsewhere. Don't pay to get bullied. The college certainly isn't worth your time or money if they don't care about you.
I would not be surprised - actually I am not - they find behavior like this NORMAL. Because it IS normal where I am.

I am not going to lie, I am constantly called and treated like an idiot. I am not an idiot. I may not have alot of qualifications for one my age but I have recieved a 2 in my English O-levels and have a LONDON in the same subject.

I write novellas - well type more like it - to pass my time sometimes, and I usually help people with creative thinking.

I personally agree though...if this continues, i'm just snapping, going to talk about this, and if the proper action is not taken - Just...leaving. Or skipping this year out.