An idea I just had about not just hats, but all decorative clothing, shoulderpets, etc. In addition to our "Equipment" window, could we get a 2nd window called a "Cosmetic" window? Nothing equipped in there would apply to the characters stats, etc, but it would be used for the players appearance. If nothing is in the slot in the Cosmetic window, the item in the Equipment window would be used for appearance. This way you could wear shoulder pets without giving up an armor slot.

Say we had a really nice looking set of t2 gear, and wanted to keep that appearance, we could move it over to the Cosmetic window, equip the t5 gear in the main equip slot.

Make sure that the default equipped spot, if say I clicked on a piece of gear in my inventory or vault, would always still go to the main equipment window, or this idea would break my crafting gear hotkeys that equip 20+ items in 1 click.

Not having to give up an equipment slot to wear Feledan Fashion wear etc., would make all of that type stuff much more useful.