Over this last weekend one of the adventurers on chaos held a very fun "ironman" race for lvl 1 racers ( sans clothes ).

What Killy did on Chaos, gives me an idea for how this could be extended to all players on a shard.

It would depend on having TG provide prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd place that are so desirable that all will want to join the fun.

The idea breaks down like this... ( just a proposed example, all suggestions subject to change )

Have the race open to ALL races and ratings. No armor can be worn, only racial clothing. No weapons can be held, racers must hold a tool and sack/satchel. Any buffs the player can selfbuff with or potions they want to use is allowed. All racers would start at racial city ( like kira ) and have to run by road to no less that 4 towers, crisscrossing all of Istaria. All runners ( including dragons ) have to stay on the ground. Spotters will be stationed along the routes to make sure no cheating occurs. The first player to reach the finish line that has checked in at all 4 towers and has not cheated by leaving the road will be the grand prize winner.

Prizes must be something all races can use. I propose crystals. The items should be an attuned item that has a visible to all effect or above head test indication upon equiping the item. Thus we can insure that the prize is unique to this player, and not sellable. What kind of prize though, would capture all races envy? Some suggestions...

1. +50 speed buff. Once equipted the player recieves this as a passive buff that is not removed until the crystal is removed.
2. A new delay to damage adjusted crystal like the dark garnet weapon crystal, only more obvious in it's effects and that works for all adventure classed and races.
3. A passive health regen crystal that is adjusted for AR. The higher the AR the lower the healing. This would more desirable to single classed or low AR players.

WM's would award the prizes in a shard wide ceremony, where all see them equip it.

So tell me what you think...