"afk stance" for lag of a better name
I know emotes are a short temporary character animation. But "sit" is kind of like a permanent emote until you move again.
What I would like to have is a "guard stance" that works like a "sit command", no benefits like faster healing necessary but suggested below.
example: I am a spearman, with a nice round shield. (thanks soo much!) Now if I stand somewhere (=afk) my spear points downward and bobs up and down a bit.
Imagine I could just press the hotkey "guard" and my toon would raise his spear (or any other weapon, but works best with spears I guess) upright until otherwise instructed. I would probably leave my toon at a guild buildingor portal "guarding" most of the time when afk. (->at the steps of a vault for example)
Imho that would really add quite a bit of flavor to the gaming experience for passers-by.
Similar selectable "stances" for non-spearwearers might be added too, just haven't thought that far yet. :)

Possible benefits from "afk stance"
defense bonus of +x% armor while unmoving, useful for emergency AFKs in the wild
alacrity bonus of x% for x seconds after moving again (a "rested" effect depending on how long you didn't move)
on same topic but a bit far fetched:
Why not make "guards" buildable like the fall harvest skeletons? Not entire guard posts but just the guards. Maybe with customization options, like armor color or weapon choice.
ok ok I am getting a bit too far away from reality here... :D