A community is a group of folks with common interest. In our case, the game Horizons. My difficulty is, I cant find the game anymore!! How can you have a community around a game that doesnt exist?

I am presuming we all have a common interest in online gaming and midevil/fantasy/dungeon and dragon style activities. If our interest were bowling and go-carting we wouldnt be here. So as a group(past and present players) that read up on horizons. And based on things we did or didnt like about other MMORPG and the features of Horizons picked thisGameWorld to be in.

Play a half dozen different races including Dragons, No pvp, a vision that crafters will greatly impact the game, construction with the ability to alter the landscape of the world, etc etc.But what is the game?

How I understood it from the beginning:The GAMEwas a battle between the Community of Istaria versus the withered aegis. All races joined together to fight off the BLIGHT. Crafters, Construction, Adventurers all had their role to play in the Game. It really sounded interesting. Inside the game of defending against the WA you had all sorts of training, quests, struggles and goals to obtain. Become a great warrior, learn to be a great support Cleric or Healer. Supply the great warriors with great weapons and armor. Build great structures to fortify and support the crafters and warriors. Then form clans/guilds within the game to support players with even more similar interest. Crafting Guilds, hunting guilds, Dragon guilds. All to better fight against the WA. Maybe have community events where clans could have games within the game. Competitions and parties. And games within the game. Personal rewards for taking risks that aided in the fight against the WA. Epic quest, rare loot, finely crafted gear, a nice plot with nice fluffy stuff.

What happened to the game? Seriously where did it go? How can you have a community built around something that isnt there? This is not a rant. I want to know what happened to the GAME that I wanted to be a part of its community.

Bring backHorizons-The battle verse the WA!

NimKhazad