Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
I don't know what Amadan did and did not on Spirit, just what you told me. You told me he logged on just to kill Bori at times.
No, I said

Quote Originally Posted by Leannae
Even the occasional real PvWM that occured when Amadan would log in and kill Bori just because.
There is a difference in where the JUST was placed. Mine stated it was just because, yours stated it was just to.

I'm not disagreeing with shown favoritism. When it's not, but percieved as such, then we're back to people judging.

It's no different than people getting up in arms over those in the focus group. Percieved notion is, they recieve favoritism when it's been said and established time and time again, no they don't. Again, we're back to judging people based ideas.

It doesn't matter if you're a higher level adventurer, in the focus group, a great roleplayer, a master crafter, first on the shard to gain some achievement, whatever... jealousy in one form or another steps in by becoming personal to even the score.

When Khao solved the dryad puzzle on Spirit, there was a helluva ruckus over that. I imagine Phillip remembers it. Someone (remains nameless) got pissy because Khao won the title that NO one knew was coming until after every shard completed the event quest. Because of that - a stupid title in a make believe world that doesn't effect your job promotion in the least -it went personal and got down right nasty for awhile.

People tend to forget one important element. It's a game. Some treat it as if this is the ONLY place they can be someone of importance. (But it won't sway anyone on a job application or resume.) What it seems to boil down to is jealousy because Johnny is better than Joey (at roleplay, killing, crafting, making friends, being picked for a special group... take your pick)and by GOD we can't let that happen.