Thread: Polly the Griper? MIA?

Damger

Default Polly the Griper? MIA?

I was trying the cursed chainletter quest from Gregory in Dalimond. Polly, who's supposed to be at the Mage Tower, isn't. This is on Chaos, btw.

Anyone know her status/location?
    Thx

Default Re: Polly the Griper? MIA?

If you speak with the sole person who is at the tower, she wonders where did all the mages disappear. So, it is by design. It isn't unheard of that quests have gotten broken by world changes.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Damger

That's what I was afraid of...

Thanks

Damger

Well, she was at the Mage Tower the last time I did the quest with another Toon of mine. That was probably 8 or 10 months ago.

Pekka's shows her at the tower and the quest specifies the tower. If they've moved her on purpose that's a rotten trick. I've asked here and in-game and nobody seems to have a clue.

Quote Originally Posted by gopher65
    are you sure this isn't how it is suppose to be? I haven't yet done this quest, but I seem to recall a great deal of frustration from one of my friends trying to figure out where one of the(purposefully)'lost' NPCs had got themselves to.
    No, its most likely broken, because polly used to be the guard at the mage tower premerge. And now does not exist as far as I know.
    torvos: shadow/chaos shard (on vacation)
    100 mage/100 wizard/100 sorcerer/100 conjuror
    96 chaos warrior
    100 enchanter & member of the dark council

Explorer 86%, Socializer 46%,
    Killer 40%, Achiever 26%

I just went out there on the quest and couldn't find her either. I tried running around typing /select Polly and got nothing.

Hlano Nitro
    Chaos
    Hlano Nitro, Chaos

She does not inhabit the tower at this time. So, unless she has taken up residence in some other place, this quest can not be completed.

It would be nice if they would-

1-remove the quest so it isn't offered, since you get about half way through before you find out you wasted your time.

and

2-put Polly back temporarily so those characters with the half completed quest can finish it.

Aquilus

I ran into this and just ended up deleting it. FYI, both of Gregory's other two quests *can* be completed. So no worries there if you were thinking this was systemic.

As a side note, doing the quests more than once are *not* worth it. I completed the "Assembling the Darkstaff" quest and received 12K xp in both adv and craft. Yeah! I could go for that again. So I ran the quest again and got...drum roll...1K xp. I thought it might have been like the trophy hunters where I could do it five time before the xp decrease but nope.

Thread Information