Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: ENERVATING MORBIDAE SIDE EFFECT: LANGUISH VI

Galem

Default Re: ENERVATING MORBIDAE DEBUFFs

Agree with Death-Knell

A very good patch, then this dumbness is put in too.

Why?

Could have floated on good feelings over good patch, but no, have to do something bad like this.

So confused of thinking.

Chrysamere

Default Re: ENERVATING MORBIDAE SIDE EFFECT: LANGUISH VI

Something new and interesting finally happens in the game world and everyone thinks its some mistake or a bug. It could possibly, just maybe be something that is either one of the new WA effects or a new disease that needs a cure found.

I know a lot of people here think this is a new disease, and so far all I can say from my investigating is that it is NOT a disease. This is caused by either poor planning from AE, or a bug.

The effects we are seeing are debuffs from t5/6 WA mobs just introduced. People run out, hunt the WA mobs and get debuffed. The Debuff spreads through your group, making it very tricky... cool effect. Unfortunately those people recall to something like new rachival eventually still infected and pass this on to anyone and everyone in a small town. The npcs are close enough to chain it forever and it will never go away, hopefully that is a bug.

If the npcs are immune, it should be pretty easy to eliminate but parked people in towns will probably just reinfect us all, it'll be too hard to coordinate heals and cleanses to the ignorant that like to park in common areas constantly.

Hopefully this debuffs gets a quick fix because the server is unplayable for towns as it is. I encountered a lowere level player that could not move at all they were so heavily infected in kion, not sure what was causing it, but the trio of 2 pawnies and a connie caused her to not be able to move. A few cleanses and she could slowly get out and move a bit, but it took several minutes because she kept being infected within a second. I don't think this is considered complaining at all, and anyone who is saying people are just complaining are ignorant.

Hope your right AA0. I really couldn't stand the first disease and this one is annoying as well, though it doesn't last as long. I've never said yet "do this or I'm leaving", but I can say in all honestly that if this is not a bug but a planned disease it will have decided at least a couple people I know who have been fence sitting over whether to stay or go with EQ2 on the 8th. *sigh*
    Korsh HammerFell
    lvl 100 Chaos Warrior / 57 Cleric / 36 Mage
    lvl 18 Mason / 19 Blacksmith
    Order of the Phoenix
    Crucita in the Realm of Order

Conan the Mad

[:S] It's all over, I picked it up in Dalimond and in the Oak groves above Heather. In fact that's why I was on this board, to try and find out how to get rid of it. Never thought of just leaving town. I thought I had to do a quest again. Thanks for the info. [:D]

Ady

Log on in Mahg, infected crawl to the stone cutter reinfected, cant use my tools crawl back to the bank reinfected, try to port to Tazoon get to study the pretty new pumpkin (I do like it better than the smug dwarf [:P] )I've now been in game 15 mins wow! are we having fun yet? In case you can't guess, I've logged off going to find something else to do [;)]

Flatius

I am envisioning the world of Istaria.

The timid crafters are confused and frightened. While the bold adventurers feel their blood warm at the challenge.

Be at peace, dear crafter. While your work is temporarily hampered, there is much fun to be had. Join in the adventure. Accept your world as it is, knowing that you have the power to change it.

Working together, wecan solve this dilema. And you can then, once again, return to your grinding wheel.

Namaste'

Ady

Quote Originally Posted by Flatius
    I am envisioning the world of Istaria.

The timid crafters are confused and frightened. While the bold adventurers feel their blood warm at the challenge.

Be at peace, dear crafter. While your work is temporarily hampered, there is much fun to be had. Join in the adventure. Accept your world as it is, knowing that you have the power to change it.

Working together, wecan solve this dilema. And you can then, once again, return to your grinding wheel.

Namaste'
    lol first I'm a crafter only because my class is broken second I can't adventure with this exciting new....whatever third well when the going gets tough the tough....go shopping you all knock yourselves out [:^)]

Gerell

Its easier for those a-holes who enjoy this sort of thing to grief those of us who don't. Last time we had a disease I remember getting chased around NB until I escaped via portal. It seemed like all the dragons had time to do was cure biped after biped. I agree that the game should provide challenges, but this is not a challenge. This is an inconvenince in a game that has enough already built in with downtime, lag, and CTDs.

WOW, I sit on the fence here, wanting to join the game once things settle down and they introduce this. Looks like it will be at least another week before I give it a go.

Such wonderful planning on AE's part. I have already had one friend say he was going to do the 7 day trial just to infect people. YES i told him he was being an @$$, but he said he would get a laugh out of it.

Seems whomsever is planning these things is doing a psych study to see how much guff a player will take before they quit. [:P]

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

Eeyno

Normally I would laugh off this disease and just consider it a slight annoyance. The only reason it really ticked me off is the timing of this.

For those that say we wanted an event and we got it. Well I enjoy the pumpkins, the masks (that will probably show up soon), and the trick and treating. While I'm trying to craft on our guild property though I don't enjoy the disease. I just wish they introduced this new disease at a later time when things aren't so critical right now. In the mean time I'll be hoping for a cure.

Well, I would be the wife thatLanethis referring to and his post is small in comparison to what I have felt in the past week with this game. I came to Horizon's August 9th and yes, that is a short amount of time in comparison to ALOT of others but I didn't enjoy online games or pc games in general. It took a while for hubby to convince me to play in the first place. I watched him long hours before asking him to create my dragon. I loved her from the getgo and have spent a lot of hours getting her to RoP. I couldn't wait to do that challenge. [:D] I FINALLY get there and the first quest in becoming a Helian is bugged. Ok, I'll do the standard dragon quests for lvl 30 until they get it fixed, right? [:^)]Well, that would have been great and appeased me a little if the dragon tasks hadn't been bugged too. I couldn't turn in the leafy oastics quest, as an example. I had done everything it asked, even had the message pop up that it was complete and to return. Well, when I did, it wouldn't accept it. Ok, delete it, wait for the patch and try again. Yeah, right! [:(]After killing all the wood golems and leafy oastics in the area ( 5 of them) we waited 2 hours!!! and no spawn?? Fine, time to mine gems ( in peace I must admit was nice) but still no spawn. Guess it's now time to go shopping....( hehe, its easier ingame and not as hard on the real life pocketbook and I so love shopping) That would even have been ok except everytime I would portal to a different city, I would hang in port and then try to get back in the game. Each time I reached the loading resource information, I hang up and have to reload the game. That was enough to stretch my all ready tight nerves with this game. [:@] Four times, upon trying to reenter the game, I would stick on the RCI screen. This has gotten ridiculous.... now, lets add the entire disease issue on top of my increasingly frazzled attitude. Yeah, good idea devs. You put a disease ingame without providing the means to cure it? Who was this stupid? I have constantly supported the problems and asked for patience to give them time to get it together in the programming department. Well, NOT anymore!! You need to pull your heads out and figure it out. Are you trying to see that Horizons goes belly up? I have done programming and let me tell you, I dont know who you are listening to in the real world, but I would love to have a one on one conversation with them!! They dont have any idea what should occur when you are doing these things. FIRST, you dont add things until you have the current problems fixed! SECOND, how on earth can you even think about merging the Europe shards when ya can't get this one running smoothly!! Third, you don't introduce new content until its complete from introduction to the cure all in one patch!! SHEESH, GET A CLUE AND GET IT FIXED!!

Now, for those that say we are whining about wanting a challenge and now that we have one whining about that too!!! GET REAL!!! A challenge is where something new is introduced and the ability to cure/kill it introduced at the same time. This is supposed to be a real world escape and fun!! NOT A ROYAL PAIN IN THE FANNY!! Yes, introduce the disease...... also introduce the quest and NPC to cure it!! Don't make us wait til a later date to do something about it!!

Ok, off my soapbox for now!!!

Eleena/Eleewynne/Excelsowynne
    Dragon/ClericDryad/Dragon
    Eleena, Patriarch
    Semper Fidelis, Chaos
    100 adv/100 cra Dragon
    "Have Wings, Will Fly to help those that need it!"

I totally agree, the timing couldn't have been worse.[:@]

Everyone in my guild was having a good time with the changes, then not long after the disease came....[:|]

We hadseveral people log in frustration, as they were out Adventuring and it would randomly hit them during a fight, getting them killed soon after.

Crafters weren't having fun, as those that were in the higher risk areas trying to log/forage/quarry/mine in order to BUILD, would get hit with this disease out of nowhere, and then were too slowed to get out the mobs agro path.[:@]

I guess myquestion to the developers is WHY? After a month of nothing but game stopping bugs from the previous patch andhideous lag,WHY introduce something like this to compound the feeling ofill will?

Some thing like this would have been much more effective as part ofan episodeafter a few weeks into November, whenmuch of the angst would haveworn off from October.

Alphamale

I dont think this is such a big deal. It will likely only be around for a few days or so.. and while I understand the crafting nerf in towns, I just go out to some player built machines in plots, usually nearer to the resources than the towns anyway, and work the resources.

Im glad to have some new content. I guess some folks arent happy unless they arent happy.

new and interesting Chrysamere ? can I have what you are smoking please.

Ummm the last plague that could onbly be cured by dragons caused thousands of cancellations that is a fact BECAUSE AE couldn't figure out how toput the NPC that gave the dragons the cure into the game for weeks. So no one would bother with the events that lead up to it on other servers.

This is not an imaginative event it is a grasp at straws attempt for an event because well they have been few and far between lately.

it is nothing more than a "look we have constant events for the playerbase to figure out "

Where is my no lagged to hell and back seige of Augendall that we have to assist the dwarves in repelling ? Where is my blockade of Parsnia that we have to break.... Where is my free the captured Alliance commanders mission....

There are so many better ways to implement an event rather than one that is just an annoyance. Thats not an event but a mosquito that keeps bitting you in the arse constantly.

Look, the only people this is a minor issue for is people who are doing solely or mostly adventure. Why? cause you catch the disease in town and its gone before you get to your hunting grounds. crafters are screwed cause they HAVE to go into town to get to the machines <<bends over, thank you AE. Can I have another>>

I am an enchanter, the only machine nearby is IN A TOWN. To get to another I still have to go into town to port. So people who want to craft are just SCREWED!!!

And I'm pretty certain this disease is not a buff/debuff from WA. Before the patch one of the devs warned us this was coming. The only bug is the fact that the NPCs were suppose to be immune to it.

Oh, and I tried coming into mahagra from the seaside, as soon as I could see the main building the disease popped up, there was no one within visual range, no PCs or NPCs.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

Linea

Gee, Now I'm glad I didn't even bother to login yesterday. Being a major patch I pretty much figured it wouldn't be worth the waste of time to login and find all the new bugs, Better to wait till the "patch after the patch" that fixes the bugs and makes the game playable again.

It's been this way since Beta, over a year ago. New Patch and content equates to unplayable game for 2-15 days till they "patch the patch". It's a shame that a year later it's still the same old story, but it is, and it probably will be so long as this game survives. I do hope this game does survive, but I think "patch the patch" syndrome will have to be killed before this game can live.

I guess I'll see you all in 2-15 days, after the "patch for the patch". Meantime I'll catch some movies, read some trashy sci-fi, and watch those dvd's I rented.

Quote Originally Posted by Serat
    I don't know if these new diseases are planned or a side effect of their attempt to deal with the old zymosis. But if it is planned, you should welcome the challenge, not complain that it inconveniences you.

Games have obstacles which you must overcome. The Withered Aegis are coming back to the lands in full force to attack the Gifted. They should be sacking our cities, making us cower in fear, make us work together to overcome their onslaught. But will they? Probably not, because people can't even handle a 45 second debuff! No wonder game developers shy away from novel things and just give us the same leveling treadmill crap. Try, just for a minute, to realize that the gameworld does nothave toremain static and that you might be slightly inconvenienced byan enemy that is out to destroy you. No, whatmost people seem towant is to not have theirrun along a treadmill interfered with. I know everyone has different tolerances for stuff, and sorry to rant, but it is really frustrating that the few things AE has done thatare novel are the very things that folks complain about the most. We might as well just go back to pong with a chat interface.
    Agree. It's not that big of a deal if you get away from people it fades in a minute or so. Go out and hunt or craft you'll mostly avoid it. I spent some time yesterday killing all the mobs to attune to the 5 destination pads on Trandladar(spelling?) and that was fun, and was a good way to find all the new destination pads. I took some nice pics of the freaky moon shrouded by clouds while in north blight. Then attuned to the Abandonded Island ( flew from Kion, about 30 seconds after I landed someone completed the Lighthouse, allowing attunement npc to appear), so now I am fully attuned to the new destinations.

When the Masks are available they will provide immunity, and once Haloween is over this disease will be gone anyway. A couple more days is it.

Jacques is coming to the racial towns Friday I think. then you can be rid the disease.

Guaran

There is no relaxing to be done here. This is typical AE half-thought out move. With Unlim vault going away in "early November" per some dev/WM in an earlier post... construction MUST race to completion before anything else or it will languish.

This is the WORST time to introduce a disease that one can get over and over again, reducing your stats and affecting your optimal skill with a certain craft.

In my opinion, this dang Fall Harvest could have waited til AFTER construction had slowed down on plots. Definitely this disease we could have done without. Sheesh, i remember how many people left because of the disease Zymosis Morbidae, the first time. Now you introduce a bug who's effects don't last long, but you cannot avoid getting it when in town.

As a healer, i kept healing the Vaultkeeper and the Ambrosia Vendor in Dralk as they had the disease and kept re-infecting people in town. Cured everyone around me as well. But each time i recalled, there it was again.

How facile it is to say, chill out and play along. The clock is ticking on construction. All crafters need their optimal skill NOW.
    Ssinti Chaos Shard Horizons
    70 Druid WoW Emerald Dream
    Sinti 12 Cleric DDO Online
    Sintiel 50 LM LOTRO

[11:26] Korsh: there was no plague... it is a disease that goes away within 30 to 90 seconds... adventurers managed to bring it back to town even though it dies within 90 seconds... we've changed some parameters to make it more difficult for them to spread
    [11:27] it again to the non-adventurers.
    [11:27] So it's supposed to be an adventuring mob debuff only that infected the NPC's in town by mistake?
    [11:27] hi David
    [11:27] Ooo. word-mincing. ;-/
    [11:27] This will go live as soon as we can test it. Obviously, this did not happen on Blight. Both due to the lower number of players and the different play patterns.
    [11:27] David, Sir... nearly every NPC that is within infecting range of another are cross contaminating each other and the rest of the population.
    [11:28] seeeeee... I was right ;0
    [11:28] The NPCs in town do not have it. They cannot have it.
    [11:28] They do
    [11:28] I would have to differ there...

Here is whats going on... this is all a bug. NPCs aren't supposed to have it, and it originates in the deadlands. David until now was unaware of how bad it was.

Thread Information