Thread: Constant Crashing to desktop and rebooting of system when exiting game

Default Constant Crashing to desktop and rebooting of system when exiting game

I recently upgraded my system from a system having a 1.1 gig processor and 768 meg of ram to a new motherboard processor and ram i moved up to an athalon 64 3200 and a gig of ram and im now even more unstable and crash out even more then before. I hear in game hiccuping of the sound sometimes other times is a total game freeze up requiring a hard reboot and someimes its a simple ctd. I have learned that if i do not re-boot game after a simple drop i will ctd from game in les then a minute the other day after coming up from a system reboot i tried toi activate a structure and i could not do it i crashed out of the game. This is on a totally clean install of the os and video drivers and a clean install of the game I am not happy any suggestions?
    Given enough time and the proper temperament anything doable in game is possible
    Confectioner first last and always

Default Re: Constant Crashing to desktop and rebooting of system when exiting game

I believe this is one of the hardest problems to troubleshoot since it doesnt happen on every machine. However the places to start are...

1. See if there are updated drivers for your motherboard
    2. Video, Soundcard (hardware) drivers.
    3. Chicken bones and shaman chants

Start there if you havent already.

Mzengr

Thread Information