Thread: Increased stats from crafting

Default Increased stats from crafting

Anyone notice the bonus to stats outline in this post?

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Default Re: Increased stats from crafting

I was affraid it worked like that. Guess it means nothing to me then, given I am a 100 Dragon Crafter.

Was hoping I was just bugged.

- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua
    What about them? They are the exact same as Dragon Crafter, Which are less than Dragon Adventurer.

Useless stats.

Bipeds get the ability to take Fitter to gain 10 Strength per level, or XXX to gain 10 Dexterity per level.
    yes it sucks, throw us a bone here give extra str or power for raising this school

Quote Originally Posted by oluviel
    [img]/Web/Themes/default/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Kumu Honua wrote:What about them? They are the exact same as Dragon Crafter, Which are less than Dragon Adventurer.

Useless stats.

Bipeds get the ability to take Fitter to gain 10 Strength per level, or XXX to gain 10 Dexterity per level.
    yes it sucks, throw us a bone here give extra str or power for raising this school
    I always said, and keep repeating it. TG should have made the dragon school complementary rather than cloning them.
    Biped can take 2 schools to perfectionnate their skills. Dragon schools, they're just clone of themselves, with 2 abilities interchanged
    Lairshaper gets Crystalworking and Lairshaping; Dragon Crafter gets Spellcraft and Scalecraft.
    Every other skills are just copied over with no way to raise them. You're stuck with the same bellow par stats.

It would have make more sense to move some stats back between Dragon lairshaper and Crafter, but nope. TG thinks Dragon should be weaker than everyone else and be on a dead-end.
    Dragon gets 8 and that's final. Biped can get 11 if they want to put the effort behind. But Dragon? Forget it.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Dragon is right. Thats all i have to say.
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

i agree to Balthizar, there is no need (or possibility) for Dragons to multiclass to get better stats.

we cant be compared to bipeds

i would like to have more str or power because of crafting too but im fine with the existing system

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson

i agree to Balthizar, there is no need (or possibility) for Dragons to multiclass to get better stats.

we cant be compared to bipeds

i would like to have more str or power because of crafting too but im fine with the existing system
    I would be more interested in seeing our skills points goes up. Whichever it is for crafting or adventuring, our inability to get better stats make us sub-par with other. It's not a mere 7-8 points per level with no possibility to be better that is going to last in the long run.
    I can understand that dragon are supposed to be different, but to make dragon all the same is ridiculous.

How would it be if all player were blacksmithes and warrior/cleric 2 clases?

I guess what hacks me is that we struggle to get high enough skills so that we can do the same Master Form quests the Cenotaphs give that Bi-Peds can easily attain. That defies logic from a Lore standpoint as well as a fairness one. Dragons are supposed to have taught Bi-Peds, but our skills are inferior? Sure, if we jump through enough hoops and are lucky enough to get the right drops we can get those quests, but all Bi-Peds need to do is multi-class and they are set.

- Albert Einstein

ok thats true

i dont unterstand why a fitter lvl 100 has 1000 str. and a lvl 100 dragon got 800

its strange...

I tried making these points in the suggestions forum. The crafting schools should let us increase base power and strength imho.

But we have to be squeezed into the biped craft school way of doing things, and all stat gains per level, have to total 20.

I don't see why dragon crafting should be subject to that restriction though.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    I tried making these points in the suggestions forum. The crafting schools should let us increase base power and strength imho.

But we have to be squeezed into the biped craft school way of doing things, and all stat gains per level, have to total 20.

Yep. They totalize 20 points, and it was splitted in 4x5 because we had only 1 school.
    But now that we got a second school, it would have been time for TG to redistribute those 40 points better. 10-10 in Dexterity and Stregth for Dragoncrafting, and 10-10 in focus, power for Lairshaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoniade
    [img]/Web/Themes/Generic/images/icon-quote.gif[/img]Guaran wrote: I tried making these points in the suggestions forum. The crafting schools should let us increase base power and strength imho.

Yep. They totalize 20 points, and it was splitted in 4x5 because we had only 1 school.
    But now that we got a second school, it would have been time for TG to redistribute those 40 points better. 10-10 in Dexterity and Stregth for Dragoncrafting, and 10-10 in focus, power for Lairshaper.
    Just my thoughts from experians from other games I think it is more of a programing issue rather then a balance issue. Personaly I am all for the change but they my thoughts are either it is to hard to go back and change the data base as, explained to me in another game, it is linked to to many other things that will cause a lot of bugs or they do not have the manpower/time to create a program to go in and change all the toons to the right stats.

Well 10-10 is probably asking a bit much. If just 1 stat got 9 or 10 per level, in each craft school, would be nice. But then again who said that it has to total 20? As fas as from a programming standpoint I think it would just be a database change. Could happen during a maintenance period.

DRCA:
    10 Strength
    9 Dexterity
    8 Power
    8 Focus

DRLA:
    9 Strength
    8 Dexterity
    10 Power
    8 Focus

Our adventure levels get 8 (I believe) of Power/Strength, 7 Focus/Dexterity. This would only allow a 1 or 2 point gain in each stat.

As hard as it is leveling Lairshaper, I don't see this request as asking too much.

As fas as from a programming standpoint I think it would just be a database change. Could happen during a maintenance period.
    As I said this is just what I heard from another game maybe different here. But it would be one database change for the class. But each dragon would have to be changed individually. They could not set up the base class and poof all dragons suddenly have the new stat points. Anyone that is still leveling would get the new points but any levels they had already made would not get them. I assume it is not programed to say ok a Level 86 crafter has X power, X Focus ect, ect, buta crafter gaining a level of crafter gets +5 power +8 focus, etc, etc. Because otherwise they would have to figure out every combo of class anyone could thing of taking at any one level and figure out the totals and such.

So it would be more then a maintenance to create a program that goes out and looks at each and ever dragon figures out it's adv level, DRCraft level and Laircrafter levels and figure outs it's stats.

Well 10-10 is probably asking a bit much. If just 1 stat got 9 or 10 per level, in each craft school, would be nice. But then again who said that it has to total 20? As fas as from a programming standpoint I think it would just be a database change. Could happen during a maintenance period.

DRCA:
    10 Strength
    9 Dexterity
    8 Power
    8 Focus

DRLA:
    9 Strength
    8 Dexterity
    10 Power
    8 Focus

Our adventure levels get 8 (I believe) of Power/Strength, 7 Focus/Dexterity. This would only allow a 1 or 2 point gain in each stat.

As hard as it is leveling Lairshaper, I don't see this request as asking too much.
    This still doesn't address the Stoneworking, Smelting, and Gemcraft deficits. I see no reason why our skills should be so much lower than Bi-Peds.

- Albert Einstein

Thread Information