[Community: Eileen] Greetings
[Community: Boad`icea] Good Morning
[Community: Eileen] How are we for time? About 45 min?
[Community: C`gan] I'm showing should've been started 13 minutes ago, unless it was supposed to be 9, not 8.
[Community: Eileen] Hmmm. I'm always thrown by the rotating time thing.
[Community: Eileen] Either everyone else is too, or the holiday shopping has them all otherwise engaged tonight.
[Community: Zennyo] forum post says 8EST so when was that
[Community: C`gan] I had hoped that I could stay for the meeting, had it been for 8. However, I still have to get up at 4 AM.
[Community: C`gan] 8 EST was 18 minutes ago.
[Community: Eileen] Sir Yuusuke has run into outside obligations and bids me to convey his apologies. He will not be present tonight.
[Community: Eileen] The lady Carinde is not present either, I see.
[Community: Eileen] Perhaps if we have no futher turnout and Carinde is not here by half-past, a motion to reschedule would be in order?
[Community: Boad`icea] oh my ~laughs~
[Community: Boad`icea] jsut announced in Market place
[Community: Eileen] *laughs* Well, that's that.
[Community: Diedre] Hello :)
[Community: Maklar] what is
[Community: Diedre] Thank you
[Community: Eileen] Greetings all! In view of the absences of our moderator and all candidates, the late hour and our lack of quorum, I move that we table Shard Assembly business til after the holidays.
[Community: Boad`icea] I second
[Community: Aryk] *nods* I third thet!
[Community: Maklar] aye
[Community: Eileen] All in favor please state your name?
[Community: Maklar] maklar
[Community: Boad`icea] Bo
[Community: Aryk] Aryk
[Community: Keltchamn] Keltchamn
[Community: Deth] Deth
[Community: Roxi] Roxi
[Community: ssylva] nay (a real moderator might show up as might more people -- the game is recovering from database problems right now)
[Community: Eileen] Any opposed say nay? (ssylva counted)
[Community: Decon] Nay
[Community: Eileen] Of 17 present, I count 6 agreed, 2 opposed. . . 9 still voices on the subject of tabling Shard Assembly business til January. Any missed votes?
[Community: Maiyr] table
[Community: Eileen] Oh *blushes* My own vote is table.
[Community: Rathum-I] oh, sorry, table, guess thats a nay, nay
[Community: Eileen] Any others?
[Community: Diedre] I abstain
[Community: Eileen] 8 aye, 3 nay, 1 abstention
[Community: Eileen] It would appear that the simple majority is in favor of adjourning til after the holidays.
[Community: Eileen] Were sir Yuusuke able to make it tonight, he would remind me that we don't have a quorum, but I am not sure we need one for this.
[Community: Boad`icea] ~smile~
[Community: Diedre] We are simply agreeing not to meet now since we don't have a quorum
[Community: ssylva] well a little more than that you are agreeing to not watch the community channel for a possible meeting later on tonight
[Community: Maiyr] the later it gets the fewer people that will be on
[Community: Maiyr] i move to adjourn the meeting
[Community: Eileen] Actually if you want to stay and discuss community issues in a less formal setting, this would be idea. And we do have a precedent for adjourning under these circumstances.
[Community: Boad`icea] second
[Community: Diedre] third
[Community: Rathum-I] no quorum in channel ? - fourth the motion ;-)
[Community: Eileen] Moved and seconded and third. and fourth. I declare the meeting adjourned for tonight.
[Community: Eileen] Since we had no quorum, we can only reschedule for the next regular time -- two weeks from now, ((EDIT: = 28 DEC 2005)) but on Wednesday at 8pm est.
[Community: Decon] what time is it now for est?
[Community: Diedre] 8:47
[Community: Decon] thank you
[Community: Roxi] but do we want to wait 2 weeks for the voting?
[Community: Boad`icea] 2 weeks is the 28th?
[Community: Eileen] Checking calendar
[Community: Diedre] We may not have a quorum then for the same reason the Holidays
[Community: Roxi] 29th I think
[Community: Eileen] Yes, 28th. Remember they alternate Wed and Thurs. And yes, I suspect we will have the same problem then, Diedre.
[Community: Eileen] I think we'd oversteip our authority to cancel it now though. *sighs*
[Community: Diedre] Well then we meet say hi and do the same thing lol
[Community: Eileen] *laughs* We probably shall. Well, so long as we are here, and of manageable size, anyone have issues or suggestions they'd like heard?
[Community: Menkure] *raises paw*
[Community: Eileen] Menkure? And may I say welcome back to Istaria, sir. *smiles*
[Community: Menkure] Just a note to all present that a new Herald Report is being worked on currently, and I've sent a few rough drafts to the empire for review. I hope to have it finished sometime tomorrow, in time for the weekend
[Community: Boad`icea] ~applauds~ nice Menkure
[Community: Menkure] And as always.. if anyone has anything they would like to see in the herald report, to please get in touch with me (( PM on the boards, or email [ [email protected] ] ))
[Community: Eileen] *joins the applause* Good job sir!
[Community: Eileen] *scans the room for other raised paws/claws/appendages*
[Community: Eileen] Well, I have a thought....
[Community: Eileen] Imagine an Istaria where the World Projects Team, and the Events team too, appointed or elected their own officers and projects and just reported those things tothe Assembly. Would that work I wonder?
[Community: Boad`icea] I would think it would work better than having no one ~smile~
[Community: Rathum-I] not a bad idea ((just need a quorum to make it official *grins* ))
[Community: Diedre] Wouldn't we have the same problem with participation?
[Community: Eileen] Seems to me that we have willing volunteers all tied up awaiting a needless vote to be completed. It certainly has to work better than that.
[Community: Eileen] Perhaps we would, Diedre, I don't know.
[Community: Rathum-I] gotta run... have a great holiday everyone ! *waves*
[Community: Eileen] Thanks for coming Rathum-I
[Community: Diedre] Those who might want to ork on world projects for example might not want a formal process of reporting
[Community: Boad`icea] ~nods~ if people want to volunteer it is a shame they have to wait for a vote. thankfully most are doing the job anyway
[Community: Diedre] *work
[Community: Eileen] I think they're completing actual projects, I think it's the subject of leadership that holding things up. And again, I could be mistaken. C`gan might have been able to shed some light on it, but he had to leave.
[Community: Diedre] Exactly if the work is getting done do we want to complicate the process anymore
[Community: Diedre] It seems to me simplification is what we should strive for
[Community: Eileen] How would you go about simplifying things?
[Community: Diedre] The incentive to work on the projects already exists
[Community: Boad`icea] I agree, if it is too formal, people will not join, many are working solo or in small groups now.
[Community: Skaolloaks] Weird. I just found a bunch of lair passage doors floating in midair out in the Tazoon Desert.
[Community: Diedre] oh that is wierd a movable lair lol
[Community: Skaolloaks] There's a lair down in the chasm called ''Scion's Oasis''
[Community: Boad`icea] by making it more formal, many shy away from the process or feel they are being forced to participate
[Community: Eileen] Or left out, interestingly.
[Community: Boad`icea] no one want to feel forced to work on world projects. at the same time, the same people are and will always be doing the work
[Community: Skaolloaks] Oops. Sorry for the mistell, folks.
[Community: Aryk] *raises a hand*
[Community: Boad`icea] we all need to do waht we enjoy doing. some may only wnat to work in the large groups on a project and that is where we are short
[Community: Diedre] Also I noticed the lower tier resource work is being neglected
[Community: Eileen] Aryk?
[Community: Aryk] I was jest wunnerin', one o' ye mentioned "incentive" fer werkin' on these world projects.This is the first i've heared o' it.Could ye tell me more o' it please? I meself werked on the bridge ta Balit's endlesly but ain't heared about incentive afore now :)
[Community: Diedre] The incentive is twofold the value to the community/user of the finished project and the XP earned by the individual worker
[Community: Aryk] *nods and grins* Ok thet's fine,the warm fuzzy feelin' we all git,gotcha!
[Community: Diedre] Except that noone wants to do the lower tier resource work
[Community: Snrrl] *Raises paw at Diedre's comment
[Community: Diedre] I was going to suggest that newer players be brought into this
[Community: Boad`icea] the lower teir is getting done slowly
[Community: Boad`icea] newer players do not have the carrying capacity. Also many are discouraged because they are not optimal
[Community: Eileen] Snrrl?
[Community: Aryk] Well they's a way ta help wit' thet too
[Community: Diedre] Players like myself who are heavy crafters but still relatively new to the game may not even know about the projects
[Community: Snrrl] I stopped doing the T1 work on projects when people started to berate me for stealing others chance to participate (I did a lot of the Kion Mine a few months ago), I don't know if general additude has changed
[Community: Diedre] I've never really seen them advertised
[Community: Roxi] I stopped working on many of the projects for the reason Snrrl mentions
[Community: Boad`icea] Snrrl your participation is greatly needed. we welcome all help. I wish there was a way to get more yournger crafter to particiapte. not sure how to go about this
[Community: Diedre] How do newer players find out about the projects
[Community: Diedre] Many of them are not in guilds
[Community: Eileen] It would seem that those doing the berating have been proven wrong, then. Perhaps you could return to that if you would enjoy doing it?
[Community: Aryk] If'n I may?
[Community: Eileen] Aryk?
[Community: Zennyo] there is a worldprojects chat channel thats up all the time
[Community: Zennyo] or a post of projects and locations on the forums
[Community: Diedre] Yes but newer players don't really know about the chat channels how many of them do you see in market for example
[Community: Diedre] Just having the channel there isn't enough someone needs to advertise in NT and Kion
[Community: Aryk] When I was werkin' on Balit's bridge,I took it upon meself ta find sum young fitters.I collected the ore an' handed it of ta a few o' em ta make bars,then sheets or joints.We had a few runners take it out to other young fiters to apply.It werked well an' the progress was astoundingly quick :)
[Community: Boad`icea] how can we let new players know? can't send new players tells
[Community: Boad`icea] agree with Aryk that works great!
[Community: Diedre] So a team leader approach to recruitment
[Community: Aryk] I simply went ta the new player channel an' mayhaps jest got lucky findin' fledgling fitters
[Community: Diedre] Sounds like a winner Aryk thank you
[Community: Zennyo] yep and there been trying for two months now to get enough people in a meeting to meet the numbers to pass the volinterr name
[Community: Aryk] Me pleasure,jest an ideer :)
[Community: Roxi] the new player channel could mention or maybe see if the developers can run a MOTD once a month mentioning New Player Channel and World Projects
[Community: Eileen] I like the idea. I'm sure C`gan would also welcome the assistance.
[Community: Zennyo] yep is a shame that the devs cannot have market worldprojects community and dragon and new player ...automatically have a new player join them when they create
[Community: Eileen] The World Events, and New Player Assistance leadership has been trying to be confirmed too.
[Community: Snrrl] I think New Player would be all that is needed for that... from there directions to the other channels is easy enough for the specialized interests
[Community: Roxi] what about a scheduled New/Young Builder Day. Schedule a day for experienced and novice builders to work on a project and then follow Aryk's idea
[Community: Diedre] :)
[Community: Eileen] Would you who are here be willing to set that up and coordinate with C`gan?
[Community: Snrrl] I like that idea Roxi... but I get to be grumpy and crotchety cause we didn't have such things when I was a young builder... having to go 10 miles up hill both ways from the mines ;)
[Community: Boad`icea] that seems to be the problem. it takes someone who has the time and patience to start and lead this type of activity. there are just very few people willing to devote that amount of time.
[Community: Eileen] Maybe as we discuss this over time, we can find a way to break the task into bite sized pieces so no one person gets overburdened.
[Community: Boad`icea] away from their own game time and lair coming in.
[Community: Diedre] I will help with recruiting masons and advertising the day in Kion and NT
[Community: Roxi] I wouldn't expect someone to spend all day with the notive builders. Just one or two hours ?
[Community: Roxi] novice*
[Community: Arromere] are you trying to help the young builders learn how to build, or are you trying to help them gain some xp?
[Community: Aryk] Well werd do spread quickly,I was lucky when it came me time ta depart ta have anudder fitter ta me place
[Community: Aryk] *take
[Community: Boad`icea] both can be done. I learned most of my exp as a carpenter workiing on world projects.
[Community: Diedre] Just let me know the time and I will help with mason sandstone is usually a biggie
[Community: Diedre] One suggestion this should probably be a weekend
[Community: Arromere] when I help young builders I have found the most help has been in the gatherering of materials, and geting them forms
[Community: Zennyo] and proberly not the right time of year to start it now
[Community: Arromere] it is easy to teach them how to build the finished pieces and place them
[Community: Boad`icea] a start would be to get people into the World projects chat channel. it has been a very lonely chat channel
[Community: Eileen] How could we do a better job of that?
[Community: Boad`icea] not sure, to not want to be a pest to other players that are not interested ...
[Community: Zennyo] lots of good ideas..and good discussion...bad sadly (rl needs some work) be safe
[Community: Eileen] Right off the top of my head and not knowing whether it's possible or problematic, periodic calls to certain other channels might help.
[Community: Diedre] Mentoring in that channel would help
[Community: Eileen] Thanks for coming Zennyo
[Community: Aryk] Be well Zennyo
[Community: Eileen] Mentoring in that channel? Expound on that a bit, Diedre?
[Community: Boad`icea] back to someone wanting and willing to take the time to do that.
[Community: Roxi] I was just told that new players go directly to the New Player channel by default now. I didn't know that
[Community: Diedre] Well right now they pop into market with questions
[Community: Diedre] Refer them out to world projects and answer them there
[Community: Diedre] That would keep market freer for actual buying and selling
[Community: Boad`icea] new player channel is for qustions. work projects is for helping on work projects.
[Community: Diedre] At least they do with crafting questions I know because I answer some of them almost every time I'm on
[Community: Boad`icea] new players need to know of world projects, we can answer building questions. but not there adv quests are
[Community: Boad`icea] *where*
[Community: Diedre] The problem with questions in new player is that the people who can answer the questions are not in that chat
[Community: Boad`icea] trying to vot e on co leaders now, can't get quorum. many older players are in new player caht to help
[Community: Eileen] Ssilmath and Kwinn I believe are up for that job. I was kind of thinking they'd be doing it still, since the eventual vote is a foregone conclusion.
[Community: Boad`icea] Kwinn has been in new player chat for awhile now
[Community: Eileen] Could be wrong. The voting thing is confusing to me. Hence my original question: couldn't the channels staff themselves and elect their own officers?
[Community: Boad`icea] ye[
[Community: Boad`icea] yep
[Community: Diedre] No harm in trying :)
[Community: Eileen] Any other ideas? Issues? Suggestions?
[Community: Boad`icea] I hate to run, but RL is calling and Zennyo is yelling at me to get a move on. would love to see this conversation continued as there seems to be a real interest. maybe a more informal chat can get something going?
[Community: Diedre] On e comment with all it's flaws this game has the best sense of community I've seen anywhere
[Community: Eileen] Hear hear!
[Community: Diedre] So you guys are doing something right :)
[Community: Maklar] one thing need more snowball fight tis the season
[Community: Boad`icea] Best community I have ever seen!!! love it
[Community: Boad`icea] will be afk as I would liike to follow the conversation. see you in a few hours
[Community: Eileen] Maklar, I have an open silo with 9K snowballs in Selen. Have at 'em! hehe
[Community: Eileen] Take care lady Boad`icea
[Community: Maklar] lol
[Community: Diedre] Lol may I suggest Mahagra the next time those wolves spawn
[Community: Eileen] *grins* I'd go.
[Community: Diedre] Bye for now take care all :)
[Community: Eileen] Speaking of community, it seems to me we have a couple of events upcoming....
[Community: Eileen] Thanks for coming Diedre
[Community: Diedre] oops guess I'll stay a few more mins
[Community: Diedre] Which events Eileen
[Community: Eileen] Winter Festival Party - 19th of Dec. - 9pm EST - At the "Oasis on the Beach Tavern" in Parsnia (see http://community.istaria.com/Web/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=111909 for info).
[Community: Diedre] thanks sounds like fun
[Community: Eileen] That's monday, I believe. Tavern is stocked, from what I've seen, so just need to show up and have fun.
[Community: Aryk] BAH! figures I gota mis it :(
[Community: Aryk] *miss
[Community: Eileen] I think that may b e the only one...nagging thought in the back of my head there's another, but I can't remember one.
[Community: Eileen] Well, any other thoughts? Ideas? Discussion? Pet Peeves? :-)
[Community: Eileen] ANd should we post the whole discussion from tonight along with the meeting log so those who couldn't be here can see it?
[Community: Diedre] Probably a good idea
[Community: Aryk] Hehe I gots a pet peeve 'bout a reaver ability,but wut ye gonna do eh? hehee
[Community: Diedre] I do have one thing
[Community: Diedre] A question really?
[Community: Eileen] Heh, out of our control, Aryk, sorry. :-) Diedre?
[Community: Aryk] *grins knowingly*
[Community: Diedre] The guild property at Arua needs a well how do I petition for one
[Community: Menkure] try a support ticket at http://support.istaria.com
[Community: Diedre] Thanks Menkure :)
[Community: Eileen] Seems to me that there is a thread on the forum about that from long ago. An email or a post to one of the devs if you can find the thread. Or just a ticket.
[Community: Diedre] I know they had tried before and for some reason it didn't get anywhere
[Community: Eileen] Can't hurt to try again.
[Community: Diedre] I certainly will thank you
[Community: Eileen] What about events? Anyone have any thoughts on that? Maybe just toss in ideas to be discussed at a later time if you like?
[Community: Eileen] Sounds like we are talked out for the time being. Barring further discussion, I'm going to stop the official transcript here then. Thanks everyone for being here!
[Community: Aryk] *smiles*
[Community: Diedre] nite all :)
[Community: Eileen] G'night!
[Community: Roxi] night
[Community: Aryk] G'night Diedre
[Community: Maklar] tc