Thread: Can't create a character...

tridon1987

Default Can't create a character...

I just downloaded the game after seeing the 14 day free trial. At first when I tried logging in on IE ver 6 I got to the EULA form where you click "agree". Everytime I clicked agree IE would freeze. I got around this problem using firefox but when I try to create a character I have a new problem. I select "new character" then select a shard, tried them all, which brings me to a screen with a "recall" button and farther down a "play horizons" button. Well I can't ever click the "play horizons" button and if I hit recall it says it was successful to no point or purpose. Near the top of the page it says "Please wait for ActiveX to finish loading"... is that the problem? It doesn't matter how long I wait for it to load because it never loads. I have never had problems with other games, such as WoW or any Skotos game. Can/Will anyone please help me?

1.5 GHz Pent 4
    256 mb Ram
    ATI Radeon 9550 (omega 2.6.75a) <--- 256 mb Ram
    etc etc etc etc

Just realised this still said Ice....oopsie

Default Re: Can't create a character...

First question-are you trying to create a character on EU (Unity) or NA (Chaos/Order) shards?
    Second thing, dont try and launch the game from firefox as it wont work, firefox does not allow active x functions-which is why you cant click the play horizons button.
    Not sure why IE is freezing....try adding the site to trusted websites and check your security settings arent too high.
    Give Unity the support it deserves!

tridon1987

1. I am trying to create a character on NA shards
    2. I have been trying to fix the problem for two days... the site has been added as a trusted site and everything but everytime I click "agree" IE stops responding

Being on NA shard should help, have you tried e-mailing support or logining to the support website? NA customer service is much better, and they may know what has caused problems for other before. (Im a Unity player and the launchers/logins are a bit different.) Or wait for a dev to wake up, I know Amon checks this part of the forum regularly.

tridon1987

I have already been waiting to hear from the tech support for a couple days now. Thanks for trying to help tho! I guess I shall wait for Amon.

tyshadragon

I have found its been taking a lot longer to get through the EULA screen for the last week or so. Normally I go past it really quickly but now sometimes it can take a good 2-3 mins before the next page loads up. I've not had it freeze on me yet though.

I'm using IE 6 too.

tridon1987

Thanks for the support/help guys. The problem has been fixed through C cleaner actually. It had an issue with the ATI media and now all is well. Still strange because this is the only site I have had that problem with. Happy hunting all. =D

Quote Originally Posted by tridon1987
    Thanks for the support/help guys. The problem has been fixed through C cleaner actually. It had an issue with the ATI media and now all is well. Still strange because this is the only site I have had that problem with. Happy hunting all. =D
    Grats and have fun ingame!

Thread Information