Thread: Battle Damage

Default Battle Damage

I've recently started hunting again in the last two weeks.

I don't believe that I'm getting all of the attack and damage information.

It's seems like the damage messages need to "warm up" in much the same way an area does when I first arrive to hunt there.

For example, Working on lvl 30ish chaos warrior. I arrive west of augh in the red spider area. After about 10 mins at a min I started to see 4 or 5 of the red backed spiders. Using spells to attack, I'm seeing very little if any damage info comming from the spiders for the first few battles.

After those first few fights I believe that I am seeing all of the monsters attacks and damage.

I have also noticed this as lvl 100 Elar when dealing with the hostile resource areas, Mith golems and Marble. First few fights lack damage info from the golems.
    Also I've noted that having electrocuted bolder golems I get hammered in the middle on one of those stunning flurries and no message just the grunt and loss of hit points.

In addition in the last few days I have also noted several people in the market place mention. Instant death situations where they are dead and confused as to why since there wasn't any battle damage reported to them.

These examples cover time before and after tues maint.

Anyone else running into lack of battle damage. I'd believe lag if the battle damage tapered off after playing for hours or something.. (the inverse lag squared law in effect maybe?) lol "Someone please kick the lag converter"

Wehave an AMD 64bit Barton 3000+ Running WinXP Pro 32bit version.
    1 gig Ram
    Ati Radeon 850 chip series 256meg video memory
    Creative Audiogy sound card
    16gig free on the HDD (Defraged regularly)
    DSL 1.5 Mbps connection.

Default Re: Battle Damage

Fantastic! My imagination hasn't totally run away with me, glad someone else shares a similar experience on this, however I think when I logged in realitive to when I started hunting was not relevant. I'll keep an eye out for further situations and timings tho.

We have a fix for this very problem that is in testing on blight as of this past Monday.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Tried to edit and failed the last post.

The health bar is showing the damage. The battle damage text isn't. I do recall when the health bars got stuck... This is not dissimilar I guess, however when people are suddenly dead without a clue ect... Thats obviously a melt down between the server and the client or visa versa. In addition you are right it does happen after logging in. In no way is it exclusive to just logging in from what I have seen as described before. ie I have to portal and travel in order to get to the golems given in part of the example

yeah! thank you Amon! ya snuck in during my clarification. LOL
    This is good news, looking forward to the fix!!

Thread Information