Thread: Inferno on Unity! (ARoP urgent technical problem!!)

Default Inferno on Unity! (ARoP urgent technical problem!!)

Hi!

You know me.. I'm not really a ranter, at least not without cause. This is such a cause and it's driving me insane that it's not yet resolved.

Support: I am referring to case numbers 37694 and38277. The former was raised August 20th and last message sent at some ghastly hour this morning.

Inferno is one of the most loyal players I know in Horizons, and he's also an absolute dragon fanatic. He's got to be right up there for knowledge about the game and almost an Istarian Oracle. He could go against Karane the historian in Mastermind and win. And yet he has been foiled by a rogue bug in the ARoP that struck on a particular section, which has halted his progress on this quest. Inferno, probably one of the dragons on Unity who *really* deserves Ancient status, is utterly stuck and unable to continue the quest! With his first support case, 37694, no help was received. He then badgered David Bowman himself until he replied, and he saw that someone helped him out, and I thank David for his help here. However the problem is not resolved (now unable to get the next section of the quest), and something is clearly wrong in the database for Inferno's state on the ARoP quest. He has been advised by the same people at Tulga to raise a new support case, number 38277 above. I'm concerned that nothing is going to happen with this, like the last case, on the part of Game Network. Having to badger Tulga isn't the way these problems should be resolved. The support website should open a path for technical people at Game Network to investigate the issue, and consult Tulga if their intervention is required. Tulga suggesting to Inferno to go through Support is evidence that Game Network need to be in on the loop here, but they don't move willingly.

He's the last dragon in the world that deserves this grief. I imagine that he could start over, but it's hardly a little quest and he shouldn't have to, especially after a bug caused the problems in the first place. I'm glad someone initially tried to help, but this help has still left him unable to proceed to the next section (after the one that was broken) from V'tieru. Instead they offer "Ellerans Story Part One".

Please can someone over at GN or Tulga look into these problems and try and resolve it. Inferno has posted full details via the Support website. I am not aware of any other player who has encountered the same problem as Inferno, so I can only assume it's a bit of nasty luck.

You'll make a dragon (and his buddy) very happy if this can be resolved! And that has to be a good thing!

Spirit, the campino dragon on Unity

Scotland/Unity/Where the shadows are thickest...

Default Re: Inferno on Unity! (ARoP urgent technical problem!!)

Inferno is not the only one stuck in a rut, Escaflow and Deathfang have also been afflicted by this predicament. Apparently the Gatekeeper continues to relay them the very first quest of the ARoP when they were due to venture into the Rift instead.

Me, I wasn't affected by such a raucous error but my quest did mysteriously disappear when I was half-way throughwhen Ireturned after a two month absence from the game.

Something needs to be done about this, these two dragons I have mentioned are very much deserving to undergo the great and final ascension, please heed this call of a fellow old one.

I can'nae think of anything witty to type right now... give me a while more.
    (I don't don't have Photoshop like you might do.)

I think Escalow managed to make some progress shortly before I logged out. Not knowing where Inferno is stuack at though, I don't know if that is any help...

And this should be posted on GN's forum too. I highly doubt any of their tech support personell browse this place. Luca we have seen here occasionally, but that's it.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

Shulahravaukar too is stuck in the first parts of ARoP with a bug but as of now nothing moved.

Your best bet is to trap Luca in IRC.

Wait for him to log in when a Tulga rep is on, then ask about the case pointing out how many days it's open and unsolved.

Only then he has a tiny hope to ever be helped.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Varangaard
    I think Escalow managed to make some progress shortly before I logged out. Not knowing where Inferno is stuack at though, I don't know if that is any help...

And this should be posted on GN's forum too. I highly doubt any of their tech support personell browse this place. Luca we have seen here occasionally, but that's it.
    Esca had todo the AROP over again, so not really any progress, just more luck at the second time at the gatekeeper.
    Uroloki Chaos (Unity)(ice)

Thanks for the replies guys! I've seen Luca on here so I posted here, but I have now mirrored the post on the GN forum.

I must be brief! I have a fight due with the M1...

Spirit

Escaflow is now ancvient but after what pagon tells me the passive 133% armor ability isnt working as is shes lost armor value any1 else had this problem?

I think there was a similar 'bug/feature' with RoP. When you ascend on ARoP all the abilities that affect your statistics stop working (all our questet skill boostds for example). You need to relog for them to take effect again.

Dragon adventurer 100 | Dragon crafter 100 | Dragon lairshaper 84

pagon logged form last night becoming ancient and logged on 2day and still no armor effect escaflow has the ability and its working ..maybe something for the devs to look at?

yeah it's due tomissdirection. i had the same problem until i realized i was speaking with the wrong npc. if you provide excatly what you have on you from the arop(items) and exactly what stage your on. Who the lastnpoc you spoke to was, and what they said, i'm sure you could get the help you need.

I'ts a flaw that you can talk to and recieve part 1 of the arop from the gatekeeper, but it doesn't mean your bugged. Hell i'm ancient and i can probably get it again.

Free Inferno !!!!
    :(
    Beg, cry, shout, punt them all at GN and Tulga Inferno : you deserve your Ancient status !
    Ishar Xhaan => Ishar_Wind Xhaan => Imrryr Xhaan Lunus Destroyer
    and his biped slave KalTorak XhaanSlave Ice Disciple
    == Ancient Order Of Istarian Knights ==

Am I just having a large blonde moment, or has my thread been deleted on the GN Forum? I can't find it anywhere, even on advanced search!!!

Please someone prove me wrong, before I do something in the true name of Fire.

Spirit

I can't see it anywhere. Nor can I find it on the "Archives" section. Looks as if it's gone completely. It's possible they had a database error and lost some threads - are any others missing? The other "benefit of the doubt" possibility is that they think they've fixed Inferno's ARoP, and they're cleaning up. Could just be another example of the only person at GN who talks to us is Luca...

Antonath
    Antonath

An update on this one...

Following some intervention from Tulga and Game Network, I'm pleased to say that Inferno's Ancient Rites of Passage is fixed!

Hip hip.. Hurrah!

Rakku

Hee Hee nice work on the Ancient Inferno and also on the Campaign to fix it Spirit =P

(bet you didny expect to see me posting lol)

Stu / Uther - peace out!
    Uther Truthbearer Lvl 80 Bloodmage/ Lvl 65 Healer / Lvl 26 Carpenter / Lvl 23 Fletcher

lol! No I didn't.. ;o) ... it took me a small age to remember my login too! I'm a rare poster these days, and indeed a rare loggerinner...

Take care all; I'll be back when I have half a mo.. [:|]

Rakku

Thread Information