Thread: "Grandfathered" Fiendish Pawn Shop has only a pawnbroker!!!!

Default "Grandfathered" Fiendish Pawn Shop has only a pawnbroker!!!!

So I decided that since I always like the look of the Fiendish Pawn Shop I would go ahead and build one on my plot. I used a TON of Novian Resources, as well as paying a lot of money to get this shop finished. I went to activate it, and saw that it now has only a Pawnbroker! Pre-merge it had both a pawnbroker and a consigner, there is even still the spot for the consigner to stand!

Smeglor, is this as intended? Are the Fiendish shops not supposed to have consigners? The Dwarven Medium Shop still has both (and that's what I had before merge). I definitely would NOT have built this if I had known there was going to be only a pawnbroker inside.

I REALLY think there should be a way to see not just what you are building will LOOK like after building, but what its machines/NPCs/storage will be also. I need to come look up forum posts to know building capacity?
    Neon Burnblade
    Bitter ex-top-jeweler of Expanse (for a few weeks in 2004 anyway)
    --------------------------------------------------
    If anyone is interested in EQ2, look me up as Iridi on the Unrest server. Gronar and Hellga are on as well!

Default Re: "Grandfathered" Fiendish Pawn Shop has only a pawnbroker!!!!

I can't speak for Smeglor obviously but they said repeatedly that grandfathered structures would have exactly the same capabilities they had before or more (in the case of storage added to houses). This sounds like a bug to me.

Better turn in a ticket my friend. [:(]
    Korsh HammerFell
    lvl 100 Chaos Warrior / 57 Cleric / 36 Mage
    lvl 18 Mason / 19 Blacksmith
    Order of the Phoenix
    Crucita in the Realm of Order

Aeryal

Default Re: "Grandfathered" Fiendish Pawn Shop has only a pawnbroker!!!!

Maybe you should have chosen General store? Although, I don't see Fiendish style general store on the list of buildables. Was your general store pre-merge a fiendish style one? Looking at the list each style seems to have chosen different names too[:'(] Dwarven medium shop has both, Sslik medium has both while small has only Pawnie. Pre- merge you could build a pawnbroker only shop or a general store which held both npcs in some styles. Looks to me like you chose a pawnshop and that is what you got.[:S] I know I was disappointed when I built a shop that had only a pawnbroker in it premerge when I chose human shop. Later I built a saris general store which had both, which we built in Padraig and it has both.

Aeryal

Thread Information