Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Trismus Quest Feedback

Did the warrior-quests in NT yesterday. Have to say - very nicely done.

They introduce well into what a warrior is and how the class should be played.
    Really nice.

I've done the first monk quest from the NPC at the camp, then got a second quest (currently level 9 monk) but that quest is disabled. Do I need to get to level 10 for that quest? Are the quests level restricted? If I go ahead and level monk now, will I be unable to do these quests? (which I hope is NOT the case).

I'm not positive about the monk quests. They are part of the "older" series of starter quests, which I seem to recall are indeed level restricted. In any case, there isn't usually just a single "magic" level for getting a quest. If you level to 10 and can't get it, then it is due to another problem with the quest.

Do you recall the name of the quest in particular? I can check it out later and see what happens if I am level 10 rather than 9 and let you know.

Tenebrian

Neither dragon trainer actually sent me to Gerlix in Kion, I only knew to go there from reading it here. Instead at level 10 they both told me to go talk to the bipeds in town.

I can check the quest name when I get home.

I've noticed both the mage quest and the warrior quests which require you to "Use an ability 3 times in combat" (Engulf, Negate Attack) will ONLY work with the first version of the ability. Example Engulf II will not cause quest counter to progress. Can this be fixed?

I actually like the idea of a quest which requires an ability to be used, helps people familiarize themselves with abilities in general, linking them to hotkeys, and what the particular ability does. All good things. I just hope the quests can be made to recognize any version of the said abilities to finish the quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran
    I've noticed both the mage quest and the warrior quests which require you to "Use an ability 3 times in combat" (Engulf, Negate Attack) will ONLY work with the first version of the ability. Example Engulf II will not cause quest counter to progress. Can this be fixed?
    Can't be fixed because they are not broken. These quests are intended to be used by new players for just the reason you stated. To familiarize themselves with the ability and the class. Once you have gotten to the point where you have the T2 (and higher) version of the ability, there is no longer a need to learn how to use them.

So, nothing to fix because they are working as intended.

The monk quests have not been redone yet. So the quests you get are the old quests.

Velea, please email me about the dragon quests. It should direct you to Gerix once you do either the Helian or Lunus story quest.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Velea
    Can't be fixed because they are not broken. These quests are intended to be used by new players for just the reason you stated. To familiarize themselves with the ability and the class. Once you have gotten to the point where you have the T2 (and higher) version of the ability, there is no longer a need to learn how to use them.

So, nothing to fix because they are working as intended.
    Perhaps.

But I think it would be better to allow them to still be completeable even if someone levels past the point in which the abilities tier might change.

Ok, Guaran, I'll bite... Why?

because people like to do quests

Hiya, I read through the thread, somewhere it said Mages shouldnt be able to scribe the tecniques? the enhance flame techique thing I managed to scribe aswell like transam
    Selkan Swiftbeer 18 Scout | 11 Outfitter Human - Chaos
    Feverlous SwiftShot [COLOR="Black"]8 Scout | 4 Outfitter Fiend - Chaos

It's TRAMSAN, ******** it!
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrick
    Hiya, I read through the thread, somewhere it said Mages shouldnt be able to scribe the tecniques? the enhance flame techique thing I managed to scribe aswell like tramsan
    If I recall correctly its just been fixed on Blight so should hit live soon
    Last edited by Kelsaka; May 24th, 2006 at 01:04 PM.
    Obsessed crafter of Chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by tramsan
    It's TRAMSAN, ******** it!
    No, it's "tramsan"; you went the e. e. cummings route. Lower case minimalism.

On topic...

Just a small question; the other basic training guys in New Trismus change the quest types when you reach 10 in that crafting level, i.e outfitter, gatherer, etc, but the blacksmith doesn't. This by design? Are you revamping the other school trainers to have more comprehensive quest types?
    Last edited by Peter1968; May 24th, 2006 at 01:27 PM. Reason: typo

Tenebrian

A second glitch about the dragon trainers, if you start the crafting quest first then the dragon adventurer trainer tells you to bind back to the hatchling island. When he really wants to tell you that you need to finish your current quest before he will give you one.

And if it helps I did the Helian quest before the Lunas quest and didn't get told to see Gerix in Kion. I did know from reading the boards that was the place to go next. I have done all the dragon trainer quests, the wedding quest, and the imperial testing quest.

Tenebrian

After getting bored hunting golems I logged in my Sslik to play a bit, finished the initial tutorial and got to New Trismus. The cleric trainer gave me a requisition for equipement and spells. And while both the quartermaster and the spell teacher acknowlege I have it, they don't actually take it and give me anything.

Never mind I just read the Blight updates for Monday and see this one is fixed.
    Last edited by Tenebrian; May 24th, 2006 at 02:47 PM.

Just a small question; the other basic training guys in New Trismus change the quest types when you reach 10 in that crafting level, i.e outfitter, gatherer, etc, but the blacksmith doesn't. This by design? Are you revamping the other school trainers to have more comprehensive quest types?
    The other trainers (outfitter, scholar, miner and gatherer) will be changed to match the Blacksmith. The blacksmith currently offers quests the way we think best entertains, rather than the old way of grind-grind and then grind some more.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

nice quests thanks for it

but i dont this this is intended if this quests can only be done with version I of this needed abilities.

A lot of people loves quests and want to do all quests. I think it would be nice if you can do it even if you are a t5 char. OK its like an tutorial but why not?

do you harm anyone if you let them do the quests too?

what quests are re-edited? warrior and mage?

as I know the quests where intended for new players, so if you really want to do this quests start a new character and do them

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Actually, I can answer some good reasons "why not". For one, these are targetted to new characters. Just like it makes high level characters feel special to have content just for them, it makes new characters feel special to know that there is content just for them. These are designed specifically to give new characters (notice I'm not saying new players) something specific to do. T2 and up characters have things THEY can do (quests, events, construction, adventuring) that a T1 character simply cannot.

The other issue is that it is easier to balance spawn rates, the size of the island, and how many people are expected to be in NT at any given time, based on the knowledge that it is ONLY new characters that are going to do these quests, and they won't be here very long when they do.

So far the only reason I've seen players who want to do these quests with their high level characters give is because they want to. The simple answer is to create a new character, even make one on Blight if you can, and experience the game all over again as a "newbie". That's the real way to experience these quests, after all. As they were designed.

Thread Information