Thread: help with dragons

Exclamation help with dragons

what is the diffrence in lunus and helina and what are the requirments for ROP and AROP and were can i find these quest and is there a walkthourgh

any other help would be great also

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=5344

For the most part, there is no real difference other than a difference in philosophy. Lunus would rule the humans, Helian would teach them. Helians get a little more primal at the end of their Rite of Passage (good for spell casters), Lunus get more Tooth and Claw (good for melee).

Both factions generally want to regain rule over the Living Races, as it was before the humans became to populous and pretty much stamped that out. How they want to rule is different: Lunus want to lead by force, Helians want to lead by example. Lunus generally don't care for bipeds (especially humans) and are warriors, Helians keep a close connection with bipeds so that they can teach and are the scholars.

Note I say generally, which means there ARE exceptions. There are dragons who don't care if they become rulers again, there are Lunus who are scholars/casters, Helians who are melee fighters, etc.

Currently, your decision is based on a couple things. The bonuses between factions you don't have to worry about because it's not much of a difference. Helians get +20 in primal, Lunus +20 in Tooth and Claw but it's not a significant difference. I, a Helian melee fighter, have been known to outdamage a Lunus or two...maybe more, I don't know. There are other bonuses but I don't recall them right now (both get a plus to resistances, Helian's caster-based and Lunus melee-based but I don't recall what they are or how much and again probably is not much).

Whether or not you roleplay may or may not play a part. Depends on whether or not you want to be "true" to your faction and not an exception. Another thing to consider is breath weapon. Both of course keep their fire breath but we gain another, which depends on the faction. Lunus get lightning and Helian get ice.

I have two dragons, one of each faction. The Lunus, Melthana, is now 51 and as I recall myself being at the same level, we were no different. Damage output is the same. We can both take on mobs at a higher level than our own. I do not feel that one faction is stronger than the other. I will make another assessment when Melthana reaches ancienthood but when that will be remains to be seen.
    Disciples of Namir
    Shard: Order
    Britt Namir - Female Saris Flame Disciple
    Ryver - Ancient Helian Dragon (honorary disciple)
    Tania Namir - Femal Saris Storm Disciple
    Melthana - Adult Lunus Dragon (honorary disciple)
    Ruhan Namir - Male Saris Spirit Disciple

Here's some of my blogs detailing the beginnings of the RoP:
    The Historian's Tale
    Investigating the Historian's Tale
    Becoming a True Helian

I haven't progressed further than that yet, but that should give you the background to help you make your choice of which path to follow.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Thread Information