Thread: Thinking about coming back

Default Thinking about coming back

I've been away for I think a year and a half now and was thinking about coming back and playing a little bit each week. As I recall, I quit mainly because I had gotten bored with the adventuring system in the way that it seemed like I would spend all my time killing nothing but golems just so I could get a fragement or two out of 30 needed for armor teching (basically the low drop rates made it seem like too much of a time sink). That and I found the whole thing of being level 100 rating 150 had become a bit rediculous.

Has anything really changed much? Is it worth putting up the subscription for a month and taking my (now naked) KNOC out for a spin?

Adventure has been left to rot in a deep hole.. not really

No, but it is worth putting aside your "now naked" characters and starting over. That's what I did when I returned 9 months ago and I've discovered a whole new love for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiko
    I've been away for I think a year and a half now and was thinking about coming back and playing a little bit each week. As I recall, I quit mainly because I had gotten bored with the adventuring system in the way that it seemed like I would spend all my time killing nothing but golems just so I could get a fragement or two out of 30 needed for armor teching (basically the low drop rates made it seem like too much of a time sink). That and I found the whole thing of being level 100 rating 150 had become a bit rediculous.

Has anything really changed much? Is it worth putting up the subscription for a month and taking my (now naked) KNOC out for a spin?
    Good to see you again Hiko, it has been awhile.

High level adventuring is still a relentless grind. Now when you left the highest stuff to fight were the crimson scourge, there are t6 mobs here now but it is still the never ending grind when your rating is that high. TG is slowly taking most of the golems from us, 1 spawn at a time. So only thing left is elite blights and purple necroflies, unless you want to comp hunt which definitely isnt much better than it was then ( except maybe a handful of mobs). But velea is probably right, resub for a month with hiko, to say hello to all your old friends and if not happy with the high lvl stuff, create a new character to try out the low lvl game which is alot better than when we first started.
    GhostRdr - Formerly GM of the guild previously known as The Dark Council

Accomplishments
    Adv. - 100 Reaver, Healer, Shaman, Conjurer, Spiritist, Guardian, Sorcerer, Wizard, Mage

Craft - 100 Blacksmith, Mason, Weaponsmith, Fitter, Spellcrafter

Moved on from the realm of Istaria since August 2006

In all honesty, it's not worth coming back to this game as a higher level player. You'll only see nerf after nerf... Maybe you'll have a better experience playing as a lower leveled toon. That's all the powers that be seem to care about these days.
    100 Chaos Warrior, Cleric, Conjurer, Druid, Guardian, Mage, Monk, Shaman, Spiritist, Warrior
    82 Healer, 61 Wizard, 57 Sorcerer, 27 Battle Mage
    ------------------------------------------------
    100 Carpenter, Confectioner, Blacksmith, Enchanter, Tinkerer
    92 Mason, 91 Gatherer, 87 Weaver, 82 Miner, 78 Outfitter, 78 Tailor, 58 Alchemist, 57 Fletcher, 35 Fitter, 26 Scholar

Tigris

Your going to find adventuring is a lot harder for just as little reward now, as when you left.

Quote Originally Posted by GhostRdr
    Good to see you again Hiko, it has been awhile.

High level adventuring is still a relentless grind. Now when you left the highest stuff to fight were the crimson scourge, there are t6 mobs here now but it is still the never ending grind when your rating is that high. TG is slowly taking most of the golems from us, 1 spawn at a time. So only thing left is elite blights and purple necroflies, unless you want to comp hunt which definitely isnt much better than it was then ( except maybe a handful of mobs). But velea is probably right, resub for a month with hiko, to say hello to all your old friends and if not happy with the high lvl stuff, create a new character to try out the low lvl game which is alot better than when we first started.
    Good to see you ghost. I probably will take it up and focus on crafting for the time being. Although I would like to add a few more things to my knoc, I don't forsee the need to get another 6 100s (congratz on yours though!).

Guess for the time being I shall round out Hiko by taking up weaving for more dex and something else for focus while I work on the guild plots (gosh I hope it is still there).

-Cheers

P.S. Anyone know anything about the guild disciples? I hope one or two are still around
    Last edited by Hiko; July 10th, 2006 at 09:43 PM.

I love this game, have stuck with it from day 1. Can't say I would come back if I had left. They don't seem to really want high lev folks around. Worked really hard to become an expert crafter only to find nerf after nerf.

I'd wait for Valhyre or maybe vangard.
    100 Adventure/Crafter following the path of Helian

Expert Lairshaper
    Grand hall complete.

And they *really* don't want folks around who remember the early days and are willing to call BS on them, which they certainly seem to need more and more.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Whooo! Conspiracy theories. Gotta luv em!

*goes off to polish his tin-foil hat*
    Got Cowbell?

I must say, though, Hiko, that there are some new nifties since you left, if I recall correctly. You'll probably be able to spend a month or two doing some heavy adventuring with a decent rate of "oooh shiny!"
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Thread Information