Thread: Teach NPCs how to use a Compass and a Map.

Default Teach NPCs how to use a Compass and a Map.

I ran into yet another quest that gives completely lousy directions. Either that, or whoever wrote the quest has a very whacky sense of what is what on a compass/map.

Dimensional Pocket VI quest says:

"...a bit east of Lerena."

Problem? The NPC in question is due south of Lerena. I mean, Straight South. Port to Lerena, fly to the center of town, and fly straight south and boom, you see him come up on the map. Where did they get this "east" stuff?

And this wouldn't be the only quest, either. When I brought this up to my guild, a guildie mentioned that some NPC said that Wolves are found "east of Kion". The only thing East of Kion is an ocean, and further east, another continent altogether. Try "Southeast" or almost due South, would be a bit more accurate.

Hopefully when you guys do the Lesser Aradoth revamp, you fix these whacky NPC directions, becuase they are very misleading and can cause confusion in newbies. If anyone else knows of any whacked-out NPC directions, post em here, so they can get fixed.

--Dhalin

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin
    I ran into yet another quest that gives completely lousy directions. Either that, or whoever wrote the quest has a very whacky sense of what is what on a compass/map.

Dimensional Pocket VI quest says:

"...a bit east of Lerena."

Problem? The NPC in question is due south of Lerena. I mean, Straight South. Port to Lerena, fly to the center of town, and fly straight south and boom, you see him come up on the map. Where did they get this "east" stuff?

And this wouldn't be the only quest, either. When I brought this up to my guild, a guildie mentioned that some NPC said that Wolves are found "east of Kion". The only thing East of Kion is an ocean, and further east, another continent altogether. Try "Southeast" or almost due South, would be a bit more accurate.

Hopefully when you guys do the Lesser Aradoth revamp, you fix these whacky NPC directions, becuase they are very misleading and can cause confusion in newbies. If anyone else knows of any whacked-out NPC directions, post em here, so they can get fixed.

--Dhalin
    I often get lost when following npc directions. My excuse for them so far has been that maybe they direct me to specific roads (and those may begin east, then curve south, for example).
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

They can use a compass and map, don't you know that all NPCs are compulsive liars? :P
    Last edited by AA0; July 11th, 2006 at 05:43 PM.

We're more than happy to update quests with improved directions. But it must be done in each quest. So rather than visiting all 2000+ of them if you could list specific ones, we'll take a look at them.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Shaikura

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth
    We're more than happy to update quests with improved directions. But it must be done in each quest. So rather than visiting all 2000+ of them if you could list specific ones, we'll take a look at them.
    What i don't get is,why wasn't this fixed long ago. Quest are the only thing in this game that frustrate me as a new player. When i was doing the NT gifted trials quest, The 1 for the wit test. The npc tells me to find someone over yonder. What kind of directions is that ? And the warrior quest in NT to use negate 3 times. This quest from what i hear has been broke for a year. The first part to collect 5 carpices work. But you can use negate all day and the quest won't update.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin
    Port to Lerena, fly to the center of town, and fly straight south and boom, you see him come up on the map.
    --Dhalin
    Flying to the center of town is flying East.

Wolves are found "east of Kion".
    Head out the East gate and you will find wolves.
    ~Robins (Dark Defenders)

(100)Warrior/(100)Ranger/(100)Spearman/(100)Crossbowman/(66)Healer/(20)Scout/(20)Cleric/(15)Druid/(10)Monk

(100)Mason/(100)Fitter/(100)Enchanter/(100)Weaver/(100)Carpenter

(100)Tailor/(98)Jeweler/(84)Fletcher/(71)Alchemist/(80)Tinkerer/(30)Confectioner/(80)Armorer/(86)Weaponsmith

Snibor (Adult Dragon) (68)Adv/(100)Craft/(100)Lair

The directions haven't been fixed because it is a monumental task that has never been given priority.

The NT warrior quest has been broken and not allowing higher tier abilities for about two months. But the tools have been updated (yesterday) to allow this so we will be going in and updating them now.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

That's why in my OP I said "If you guys know of any other quests, list them now".

The one for Dimensional Pocket should read "Southeast of Lerena", would be better. *nods* The other quests? I'll keep track of em when I see them.

--Dhalin

Shaikura

Well so far i have not tried anymore adventure quest. I want to stick with the game,so i don't need to get mad over anymore quest,that should have been fixed awhile ago. If i do come across any,i'll let you know. Maybe you should create a board for broken quest.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaikura
    Well so far i have not tried anymore adventure quest. I want to stick with the game,so i don't need to get mad over anymore quest,that should have been fixed awhile ago. If i do come across any,i'll let you know. Maybe you should create a board for broken quest.
    I use the Game Bugs board for stuff like that.

Thread Information