Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To the new owners, Re: rules of conduct and violations

Default To the new owners, Re: rules of conduct and violations

I made note of the rules you have established for the conduct of players for Savage Eden, and I have to say I am quite pleased. Will the same rules be applied to Horizons now?

Secondly, will you be making note of those players who have already had infractions reported and disciplinary actions, such as suspensions or bannings, imposed under the Tulga rules?

I ask because I do not think that a player who has been caught AFK macroing or demonstrated a history of abusive or harassing behavior in the game should be given a blank slate to re-offend. Prior bad acts should not cause a new punishment, of course, but if such a person does transgress whatever rules you set down, it seems foolish to ignore the fact that they have done so previously.

Thank you.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Ditto.
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Could you at least hold the bannings off for a week to give me a chance to macro my mage up to lvl 60 or something =) thanks

j/k

Quote Originally Posted by Spartikus
    Could you at least hold the bannings off for a week to give me a chance to macro my mage up to lvl 60 or something =) thanks

j/k
    *snicker*... No...

but you can always come be bait for me with the blighty blights or something...
    25 months waiting for expert CNF forms. Tired of the intentional deceptions and being kicked in the junk.

ADV: Centenarian Nature Walker; Rating: 162
    Craft: 1900 levels; Craft Rating: 234
    DRGN: Lunus, Adult, 100 DRAG, 100 DCRA, 100 DLSH, Expert Lairshaper (Chaos-04)

No, try not! Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda

If the enemy presents an opportunity, take advantage of it - Sun Tzu

Having problems with my right to speak? Report me or click here *Ignore Seranthor*

I fully agree with your statement. I also hope that thier GM's will act swiftly when abusive behavior is found.

Ditto, I hope that the special priviledges given also get taken care of.

There should be no dev that spawns boss mobs specially for anyone, or make up quest items with incomplete parts.

In fact, in most companies, owner/dev family members are excluded to prevent any chance of favoritism.

Well that may not be possible, since the people who own the game now have been playing it for about a year.

I suppose it's theirs to do what they will....

If they have family playing, no one here needs to know.

Not to derail this but on the note of favoratism, keep in mind that it's all in perspective. I used to work (unpaid) on EQ during development and was a core member of the launch community.. I interacted with devs in game a few times and yeah they spawned mobs.. I can recall once getting a decent drop off the spawn but at the time I was under lvl 20 so I never made a big deal out of it.

Same in DAoC. After release, yeah I had some interaction with some of the devs. Travin and Matt took me to a couple places and spawned some cool mobs for us. Didnt hurt anyone and to the best of my knowledge we didnt get any special drops..

Just keep in mind that devs are peopel too and they like to have fun. Fact is if I could do something that take me 5 seconds and increase someones enjoyment of the game trememndously I'd probably do it too.

I really dont see devs interacting with players (as long as its not in excess as far as spawning stuff or giving items) as a bad thing but thats just me =) What IS bad though is surrounding yourself with people who just tell you what you want to hear. That is just plain dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by BKBanzai
    Ditto, I hope that the special priviledges given also get taken care of.

There should be no dev that spawns boss mobs specially for anyone, or make up quest items with incomplete parts.

In fact, in most companies, owner/dev family members are excluded to prevent any chance of favoritism.
    You can quit trying to smear Smeglor and Jayne anytime now. Attacking and harrassing someone based only on the fact that they are a family member of a developer is cheap and cowardly. In fact, I'll go so far as to say your protest is a bunch of high-sounding crap. When the Tulga team interacted with players, they spawned boss mobs all the time for the players to kill, all in fun. A team member fixing a borked quest item or finishing an incomplete structure is normally called 'customer service'.

Nobody was ever given an unfair or overwhelming advantage in game after the Darkstaff debacle, your fabrications and deliberate misinterpretations to the contrary notwithstanding.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

If you actually heard the conversations, Klaus, you might not be so willing to come out and attack me.

I have not named any names. Thank you for taking care of that. I have said that I hope that these types of situations do not continue.

I can swear that I was told that *someone* could get their brother to obtain an IP address of a player. I was told that *someone* could find out all the alts on a players accounts. I was OFFERED to have my incomplete pieces of a treant made into a treant by someone talking to a developer relative.

I do not lie, I do not need to lie. I've kept silent about this because I've felt that DB would do nothing to control the situation.

I was at a boss mob hunt and the ENTIRE group was told to stick around, that the brother might throw an SOG party for them.

And customer service should be the same for ALL players, not selective. If you're going to make an exception for one person that does not have all the items, do it for everyone.

I turned down the offer to have the "dev" brother complete my treant.

No fabrication here, I'll testify in court, I'll go in front of a lie detector.

You named names, not me. Just remember that, odd that you knew exactly who and what I was referring to.

You named names, not me. Just remember that, odd that you knew exactly who and what I was referring to.
    No need to guess; you've attacked her often enough for anyone who doesn't have you on ignore to know who you mean.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    No need to guess; you've attacked her often enough for anyone who doesn't have you on ignore to know who you mean.
    Attacked?

Let's see, she threatened to check the alts of a friend of mine, who flew past her, after he truthfully told her his only alt after her cross examination. I went on marketplace and relayed the conversation because I was tired of the threats and hints of having a developer provide her with personal account information to use to gain power over people.

The only thing I have done is ask that this type of behavior not be allowed to continue, that there should be no personal benefit to one player because they are related to a developer. I named no names, I didn't paste any logs in this WHOLE time that this situation has existed. I only want some assurance that this game will be equitable to ALL players. I kept names out of it because I wasn't interested in seeing Smeglor not have a chance at a job with the new company. But, not wanting someone to get professionally damaged is different than wanting to ensure that a situation not be allowed to persist.

You are the one making this personal.

I have not attacked you in any way, shape or form. I'm sorry you feel threatened by the change in ownership to the point that you threaten to pull your 10 accounts. I think you should allow the new owners the same credit that you gave to TG after taking over from Artifact Entertainment.
    Last edited by BKBanzai; July 22nd, 2006 at 08:36 AM.

Interestingly enough, this came to light this morning and raises it's own questions:
    [06:35] <LO> I did my best. All I got was a two week suspension for them

How would you know what punitive actions might or might not have been taken against a player in game? Is this type of information not confidential?

[06:44] <LO> As is sharing his cousin's login information to play while suspended

This too? How would you get account information, up to and including who is related to whom and what IP addresses are logging into which accounts? I didn't think that players would have access to this type of information.

I wondered also how/why you mentioned someone being suspended for afk macroing. How do you know these things?

I have to say, I'm wondering where all these people saying that confidential information wasn't provided to specific individuals thinks that my "suspicions" are baseless and unfounded.

This is actually grounds for legal action.

I do not lie, I do not need to lie.
    So, making unfounded speculations isn't lying? Thanks for clarifying.

As far as special favors, I recall a member of IRC that had a rather remote plot, get a "personal" landing pad, right next to her plot, when far larger communities didn't. I believe she "kissed David" for giving her her own pad in IRC.

Sorry, but having told the truth is an absolute defense to any claim of defamation.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

Not to you, I'm sure there's a privacy policy and restrictions against sharing private player account information with other players? Or am I mistaken?

Interestingly enough, this came to light this morning and raises it's own questions:
    [06:35] <LO> I did my best. All I got was a two week suspension for them

How would you know what punitive actions might or might not have been taken against a player in game? Is this type of information not confidential?
    Not if the person suspended told people what happened to him/her when they got back..

*rolls eyes*

Boy, this is helping...

What's happened to our community lately? Take the p1ss1n' contest into a private bathroom or something please. Ok, its established:

Players hate that certain people had the ear of a defunct company which basically no longer controls the game and there are vocal members of our community that have a beef with each other. WEEEEEE!!

Next topic please - hopefully a constructive one.
    Putter'er of Crafts and Near Miss-Adventurer on Chaos
    Guild Leader - Council of War
    C.O.W. : "Milking the WA Daily....fear the cow"

Because I can count.

I recieved a response that my complaint had been evaluated and appropriate action was being taken against the account in question. Then, all I had to do was count the days until one alt or another showed up in game. Nothing more, and no specific account information was ever imparted to me.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Bulgrim StoneCleaver
    Take the p1ss1n' contest into a private bathroom or something please.
    I have sent a reply to PM, but have yet to receive a response from the individual Bulgrim. It seems that if it's not available for everyone to read, some people don't have anything to say.

Thread Information