Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: EI Keep Nadia & Provide Veteran Rewards!

i dont think that its a good thing to let this techs die. maybe EI should ask this in their poll when they want to know what we like and want to have

The dragon event (like i told many many times) was a buggy 4 day event!!!! so it got chanceled and had not run for several weeks like other events

what do new players think about this? we will never know because new players or lowbies dont take a look at the boards very common.

I'm torn on this issue. On one hand I like the idea of these old items being rare. On the other I think new players should have the opportunity go get them as well.

If they were brought back I would like to see them as a quest reward. Not like some of the "difficult" quests that are in game now. I mean something really really hard. Like kill 1000 (or more) T6 Vexators or Shamans. A quest not taken lightly. Give the quest a time limit. Something that would be a true test.

Nobody wants to see every player in the game running around with a BHM or PV techs.

That being said I think I am still against bringing back the old items. I would much rather see new items introduced that would be valuable to the new players and lessen the impact of missing out on these old ones.

yes new item would compensate this

but i dont think we will get some new the next months

Veteran rewards is a nice idea. Shoulder pets (all new ones), new clothing. The crystals weren't a bad idea either (purchasable by anyone since these affect gameplay).

The old items I say leave in the past. Even if the event ran a normal run, back then it would have only ran for about 2 weeks. Events were coming pretty quickly. The techs from there would still be somewhat rare. Besides, if they bring that back they also would have to bring back everything else like boars masks and regal weapons or everyone would be throwing a fit.

yes ^^

give nadia all stuff ^^

Veteran fluff I am all for. Give me some shoulder piggies!!

Great idea on the veteran fluff! I want a crown and scepter (no not an essence structurer, although it does double well given my lack in options )
    'The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, ..., the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars' - Kerouac

I don't think fluff for veterans is an answer. I'm as much a veteran as anyone here (was in beta and been playing my main since release day) and I don't think people should get special privilidges just for having a character around since the dawn of time. I am also less then thrilled by fluff and I'm not going to go out of my way to get it.

If they want to put shoulder buddies on the Vielo that's cool, but I wouldn't bother with them.

On the other hand, money doesn't mean much after a point and it would be nice if it did. If there were something that people would be willing to spend 100 G on, and if they removed any exploits which allowed people to easily get it, then that would give people something to shoot for.

How about tweaking this idea?

1. Get rid of easy ways to make 100 G. If money is to mean anything in this game that should be done anyway.

2. Add very expensive and very nice items. They don't have to be the same as old techs, but something of comparable quality, and in such a way that they can't stack. For example, primal vengeance can only be applied to a chest scale. If they add another nice dragon tech make it so it also can only be applied to a chest scale.

Better yet, add a range of nice items. For 10 G you might get something moderately nice, and for 100 G you can get something REALLY nice.

When the nicest dragon tech is (a) unavailable to anyone who wasn't playing a few months after release and (b) from a bugged event which lasted only a few days, something is wrong. It's not fair that only old timers even had a CHANCE at getting really nice techs. Newcomers should be given every chance to develop their characters as the old timers. This is particularly important if they want to grow the game.

------------------------------

How about the following tweak: Don't put really nice forms and techs up for sale, since they can then be used to mass produce the actual items. Instead put the actual items up for sale. For example, instead of putting a nice dragon tech up for sale, put an armor chest scale with that tech up for sale. That way one sale won't result in the market being flooded by an industrious crafter.

They could put nice forms and techs up for sale too, and probably should, but what is put for sale needs to be considered more carefully, since they can result in any number of items flooding the community. Actual one time items being sold for huge amounts of money can do less damage so they can be made very nice.
    Last edited by Goriax; July 25th, 2006 at 03:04 PM.

can anyone please tell me the easy way to gain 100 gold please?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Goriax
    How about the following tweak: Don't put really nice forms and techs up for sale, since they can then be used to mass produce the actual items. Instead put the actual items up for sale. For example, instead of putting a nice dragon tech up for sale, put an armor chest scale with that tech up for sale. That way one sale won't result in the market being flooded by an industrious crafter.
    I think a slightly better idea for this would be to have a form or tech that had limited uses. That way at least you could have it made the way you want but you can't have too many.

Why should there be a limit? You should be able to use the knowledge like we use the rest of the techniques. If someone drops 100g for a tech there ******** well better be some way to recoup some of the investment.

Wouldnt it be better if you paid the crafter 500s or 1g or something, and teched an item with the new tech plus other techs in the vacant spots, and get the benefit of the 100g tech?

It's almost starting to sound like a bad idea, selling expensive techs.

Just have an event where something new comes along. Turning the game into a coin grind isn't fun. They can be more creative. The halloween trick-or-treat quest, the christmas present quest, do stuff like that and let the gift be random.

Maybe allow these older techs / items to be included in the xmas events etc with an extremely low chance to acquire? Or let them drop from raid bosses i dunno.

Just the idea that they are out there and still acquirable no matter how small the chance is what i'd like to see. A player that discovers the game now and a player that was around back then shouldn't have different chances at the same game in my opinion.

Sure we can get someone with the tech to make it... but that also relies on the fact they will and depends on what they'll charge.

The old veteran players supported the game and kept it going true so i can see this but what about the 8 year old kids that may have just grown a bit since the game was out and developed an interest? They don't get that chance.

Thats how i look at it is all. I wouldn't like to see it so that these techs were as common as go to the quatermaster give 2 tokens and wala boars mask or primal vengence tech but at least allowing them to be acquired with a huge investment put in would be nice.

Effort invested to become a stronger / elder player is how i see it... not just in the right place at the right time. But its just my opinion nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by IvyMindFlayer
    Yes that is correct, you read the thread title right. I am lobbying for keeping Nadia and the Vielo. No not in there current state but as something they did in the very beginning. Please hear my idea out before flaming.

When the vielo was first introduced they held crystals that were rare or not available in game. Excellent idea! So why not keep them around but have them go back to selling rare or not in game stuff and crystals? For example you could have a Radiant Parrying Weapon Crystal (+33 Parry) for sale for 10g, 15g, 20g, whatever. A Boar Hide Mask for 120g. The price needs to be high since the item is not in game. Other crystals could be a +33 Block Crystal, +120 Evasion Crystal, +33 Shield Skill Crystal or even take some of the good techs from the blighted weapons and turn them into crystals: 11% chance for Ethereal Parax V, 5% chance for 200% damage, etc. This gives some end game items and a use for Nadia and her Vielo. It also gives the game a high lvl money sink and lots of cool toys to buy and play with.

If no Nadia then how about Veteran Rewards? 2+ years you get the +33 Parry/Block crystal, etc. UO did Veteran Rewards and it was a huge sucess and made the game quite fun for sometime longer. Just my thoughts.

*Starts the Keep Nadia campaign*
    I am all for this. I am also against the idea of not reintroducing items because of rarity, and I would be even if I had some of these rare items.
    Ryushu Suisen, Tathar Nuar, and PhoenixStar, Guildmaster of the Construction Crew
    Check out our wares!

whats the problem to offer this items via the vielo?

if you had to invest a very high price? wouldnt this rewarding veteran players too?

i dont speak about 10g for one of this item/part/tech!

i talk about a high price even for veteran players! and players who already own this stuff saved the time and the money to gather this stuff from the vielo

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    whats the problem to offer this items via the vielo?

if you had to invest a very high price? wouldnt this rewarding veteran players too?

i dont speak about 10g for one of this item/part/tech!

i talk about a high price even for veteran players! and players who already own this stuff saved the time and the money to gather this stuff from the vielo
    Qhy then not 1 mithrill coin for each item ? /snickers

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

then you support this idea Takora?

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    then you support this idea Takora?
    Not really, that's why I snickered after the sentence.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

WTS 1 Boars Hide Mask for 100 Gold
    Warsong
    Paladin/Healer

Don't cry because its over,Smile because it happend

Wow yea I'd sell mine for 100G

so wheres the problem? ^^

Thread Information