Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: EI and the Future of Horizons

Quote Originally Posted by Nagafen
    As far as I know, you won't be losing your plots. I'll post something as soon as I get better confirmation of this.As far as I know, you won't be losing your plots. I'll post something as soon as I get better confirmation of this.
    I hope so, as I stand to loose two plots. And seeing white flags on them because the renew card info does not work, would greatly piss me off.
    Nalrach, Healer & Guardian, Member of the "Iron Circle" guild
    Ramti, Friendly draggy trying to wake-up from long nap.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalrach
    And seeing white flags on them because the renew card info does not work, would greatly piss me off.
    Has anyone seen white flags yet? Just wondering because a friend had a problem changing CC info and is one account short of plot ownerships.

Hi ho,

Sort of a follow up to my earlier question, as well as BK and Nalrach above...

Despite switching to PayPal earlier this month (and also receiving a refund), as well as receiving errors when attempting to update my billing info, I noticed my card was charged on the 18th just like the pre-EII days. It would seem the restored / new billing system picked up right where the old one left off. All is well for me at least. I hope things work out as easily for others.

That is all.
    -Finn's Player

Director of Marketing, EI Interactive Nagafen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw
    Out of curiousity, are you the one responsible for the infamous light bulb?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Krystine
    It took me a few days to notice this posting. The forums have been to negative and lacking in information for me to keep up with them. I'm glad someone from EI is addressing the comunity. It would be even better if a newsletter were sent out to current and past subscribers. Many do not visit the forums and do not know what is going on. Rather than force folks to search for info would be nice to send it to them.
    That is a great idea and I assure you that we'll be looking into it further.

Finn,
    I'm glad things are working out for you and I hope that things run as smoothly for everyone else.

Also, a general note:
    I've really enjoyed communicating with everyone and I look forward to having a rich future within the Horizons community. You have all been extremely welcoming and even those who have serious reservations about EII have communicated them to me in a mature and constructive manner.

This thread is both a means of communication and an olive branch. I'm making every effort to answer your questions as quickly and honestly as I can. These forums do not, however, constitute official communication with EII. If there are any concerns that you're having with EII, particularly pertaining to issues outside of Horizons, they should be taken up with EII directly, via telephone, mail, or email. If you are unsure how to establish such contact, I am glad to offer help. We take your concerns very seriously. The public announcement of concerns with EII, especially without corresponding official contact, are likely to be seen tactics designed to exacerbate preexisting tensions within the community. I am available for questions and if I can't help, I will be able to find someone who can.

Nagafen: How long should it take to get a response to the billing email links? I sent in an email last Friday regarding a problem I'm having and have heard nothing as yet. My account expires tomorrow and at this time I have no way to renew it as the page still does not work.

I have heard that accounts will automatically renew for most players, but I re-opened my account on July 22 which is in that July 21-Aug 1 period when things are strange. All I want is to be able to play after tomorrow

Anima

Default Reach out and Touch someone.

<Waves!>

"It would be even better if a newsletter were sent out to current and past subscribers." - Krystine

A letter introducing EII, stating intentions and a very rough timeline.
    I think that would be enough to peak interests of those "reluctantly away".

For those hard core sceptics that were driven away by; bugs, poor client performance, the merger, unfinished schools, stagnant war with the WA, boring loot, drastic crafting facility changes and the "dead" end game. You'll need no less than a hand full of exciting "hooks" to get them back and testing the waters via Free Trial.

When I say "Hooks" Think of everything that was offered with the Settlments expansion. Revised loot, finished confectioner school, dryad houses, dwarf tunnels, companions, guardians and familiars.. and anything else I missed.

There are many new games coming out in the 4th quarter of this year, thats some rough competition.

/endbrainstorm

<waves!>

Quote Originally Posted by Anima
    <Waves!>
    For those hard core sceptics that were driven away by; bugs, poor client performance, the merger, unfinished schools, stagnant war with the WA, boring loot, drastic crafting facility changes and the "dead" end game. You'll need no less than a hand full of exciting "hooks" to get them back and testing the waters via Free Trial.
    You know, I honestly wish that a new threat would arize that wasn't so, well, undead. I get tired of the gory green and zombies and oozebags sometimes. HZ needs a few more factions that aren't from the realm of blight. Just a suggestion.

A thought just came to mind. (WOW! }:=8p )

I love that now the forum community has one place they know they can go to to ask you questions directly Nagafen, and I think it has really helped morale a lot.

However, I'm curious, do you browse the rest of the forums at all? I don't know what kind of policy EII has for distribution information, but it would be really nice to also have someone that can volunteer information on what they know regarding the various conserns and thoughts about the game in other threads as well without being asked directly.

Mabe I'm asking for a mile after being given an inch, but this is a great first step, what's the second?

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW
    You know, I honestly wish that a new threat would arize that wasn't so, well, undead.
    Haha, perhaps we can dig back up the *old* races and find a demonic threat.. perhaps with a oceanic race to help combat the things of flame(yay for swimming~)? But of course, if old races are dug up factions may form as old grudges are remembered(perhaps an end to the aegis?). Go back to gnawing at the first ideas... *rambles to herself as she skulks back to nap on her hoard*

But then again, I just want to fling cows at bipeds from the sky.

Order - Reilata - Still Lairless..
    Altoholoic

Well actually since you mention enemies why does it feel that most of the enemies we do fight are lets call them "nature" golems aren't exactly withered neither are gruoks I see ALOT of small empty blighted regions why not populate them with the appropriate for that area aegis creatures?? just my opinion

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

Quote Originally Posted by Reilata
    Haha, perhaps we can dig back up the *old* races and find a demonic threat.. perhaps with a oceanic race to help combat the things of flame(yay for swimming~)? But of course, if old races are dug up factions may form as old grudges are remembered(perhaps an end to the aegis?). Go back to gnawing at the first ideas... *rambles to herself as she skulks back to nap on her hoard*

But then again, I just want to fling cows at bipeds from the sky.
    the old Races were not part of David Bowmans creation of the game. You have to go back to another David for that. This rendition of HZ has always been about fighting the undead and the various classic forms of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arzel Rashemi
    Well actually since you mention enemies why does it feel that most of the enemies we do fight are lets call them "nature" golems aren't exactly withered neither are gruoks I see ALOT of small empty blighted regions why not populate them with the appropriate for that area aegis creatures?? just my opinion

because it would chew up too much server resources. The way the client and server engines work together was originally to take into account a dynamic changing world. So everything you see has to be loaded. Other games the land mass is already on your hard drive. The server in HZ has to do all the work of pushing it to your machine. If EII gets a new client and removes this from the game then you can see the landmasses being used more effectively.

That or EII buys triple the server power that runs the game now and I just do not see that happening anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDwarf
    because it would chew up too much server resources. The way the client and server engines work together was originally to take into account a dynamic changing world. So everything you see has to be loaded. Other games the land mass is already on your hard drive. The server in HZ has to do all the work of pushing it to your machine. If EII gets a new client and removes this from the game then you can see the landmasses being used more effectively.

That or EII buys triple the server power that runs the game now and I just do not see that happening anytime soon.
    Ah you misunderstood my post I am not on about changing anything accept perhaps putting some monsters in the blighted regions that are currently in game and if really really neccessary reducing the number of "normal" creatures.

You see an Ice Wall Corner, I see a Tardis.
    "

"Pen Pineapple Apple Pen"

That's probably the biggest problem with the spawn engine and why you have to stop and wait for things to pop in so often, rather than end up blundering into a field and have everything appear around you like an ambush. I allways hated that, and it wasn't allways that way, premerge, you could allways see things at a distance before you arived.

what are the next plans for EII?

what do you want to do?

what are your priorities?

i hope you will do a good job. im very interested whats going on.

it got very quiet about this stuff the last days/weeks

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW
    A thought just came to mind. (WOW! }:=8p )

I love that now the forum community has one place they know they can go to to ask you questions directly Nagafen, and I think it has really helped morale a lot.

However, I'm curious, do you browse the rest of the forums at all? I don't know what kind of policy EII has for distribution information, but it would be really nice to also have someone that can volunteer information on what they know regarding the various conserns and thoughts about the game in other threads as well without being asked directly.

Mabe I'm asking for a mile after being given an inch, but this is a great first step, what's the second?

(*combined to conserve space)

You know, I honestly wish that a new threat would arize that wasn't so, well, undead. I get tired of the gory green and zombies and oozebags sometimes. HZ needs a few more factions that aren't from the realm of blight. Just a suggestion.
    I make it a point to cruise the forums daily and check out the new threads. I don't focus much on topics that are specific to bugs or in-game issues. I leave that to the WM's and developers. Sifting through all of the forums daily would take quite a bit of time and I keep pretty busy, as it is. I think it's important that I pay attention to what's going on beyond this thread.

I have a pretty heavy background in the arts and I consider MMOs to be the newest medium of storytelling. Personally, I'm curious about ways to explore tensions between the living races. Having a common foe doesn't necessarily mean everybody's best friends and I think there's a well of potentential there. Sometimes, a slight shift in perspective can make a whole world seem new. The challenge is to find a way to execute these ideas in a way that's fun to play. I'm not a developer so I'm not sure how practical my ideas are, but we're making it a point to be creative about determining not only what the story is going to be, but how we're going to tell it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlisson
    what are the next plans for EII?

what do you want to do?

what are your priorities?

i hope you will do a good job. im very interested whats going on.

it got very quiet about this stuff the last days/weeks
    We've been focusing on the challenges that were right in front of us, for the past few weeks. It wouldn't make much sense to buy a new stereo for a car that needed new brakes. Now that things have begun to quiet down, we've begun putting together our plans for the future. I can't go into details here but keep an eye out for interviews with Danu, in the coming weeks.

Anima

Default Creative participation.

<waves!>

Nagafen, did you get to see the Confectioner contest?

It was amazingly fun! So many people flexing thier creativity, imagination and humor with recipe submissions. Well, my point is that you have a HUGE potential for brainstorming and ideas, via player participation. A fun contest
    brings everyone out of the woodworks.

The Developers at the time compiled hundreds recipies for the Confectioner revamp and the playerbase had fun doing it. Win - Win!

<waves!>

Nagafen, I agree with your analogy...

However, I perceive it as a new car, that you plan on taking on a long trip cross country. For that reason, yes, fix the brakes first, make sure it won't break down in the middle of the desert. And, by all means, stop and check your fluids and tires at every rest break.

Just realize that a bunch of your friends are riding along with you, and they want to see all the sights along the way. Of course, they are paying for the gas, but its your car. You can make them change the channel on the radio if you don't like it, but I'm betting that if you will get a consensus on musical genre then arguments will be kept to a minimum. []
    As a new dawn rises over Istaria, may we all band together to meet the challenges!

Continuing Development of Horizons... SWEET!

Anima

Default Pit stop! Road snacks!

<waves!>

Mmm.. road trip!

Are we there yet?! Are we there yet?! Are we there yet?!
    <whine> <complain> <falls asleep and drools on self>

<waves!>

<waves!>

Nagafen, did you get to see the Confectioner contest?

It was amazingly fun! So many people flexing thier creativity, imagination and humor with recipe submissions. Well, my point is that you have a HUGE potential for brainstorming and ideas, via player participation. A fun contest
    brings everyone out of the woodworks.

The Developers at the time compiled hundreds recipies for the Confectioner revamp and the playerbase had fun doing it. Win - Win!

<waves!>
    I didn't get to see the Confectioner contest but I heard about it and I think it was a great idea. We will certainly be looking for ways to further involve the community with the game. The Confectioner contest was brilliant because it
    a)provided new content w/o taxing the developers
    b)was a fun event that players could participate in
    & c)gave players a greater sense of ownership of the game, because they helped to make it better.
    We will certainly be looking to that as an example, when deciding on future developments.

Quote Originally Posted by Aamer Khan
    Nagafen, I agree with your analogy...

However, I perceive it as a new car, that you plan on taking on a long trip cross country. For that reason, yes, fix the brakes first, make sure it won't break down in the middle of the desert. And, by all means, stop and check your fluids and tires at every rest break.

Just realize that a bunch of your friends are riding along with you, and they want to see all the sights along the way. Of course, they are paying for the gas, but its your car. You can make them change the channel on the radio if you don't like it, but I'm betting that if you will get a consensus on musical genre then arguments will be kept to a minimum.
    In an effort to over-extend the car analogy let me say that we're planning on adding the new stereo. It's important to make sure that the car is going to last. It is also important that people want to come along for the ride. We are keenly aware that no one is going to want to road trip in a car with no stereo, regardless of how it runs.

<waves!>
    Mmm.. road trip!

Are we there yet?! Are we there yet?! Are we there yet?!
    <whine> <complain> <falls asleep and drools on self>
    <waves!>
    Anima, sometimes it's about the journey, not the destination.

Thread Information