Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dragon vs biped disparities

In my short time here, I've seen more 'whining' by bipeds. Though I believe this is validated, as bipeds have had to sit and watch dragons get RoP/ARoP/Lairs etc, whilst they basically just sit and grind the levels. Now is the bipeds time. But they are different, whether we like it or not. In general, Dragons seem to have to work a lot longer (not necessarily harder) to gain an achievement, and as such it is more of an achievement. E.g. RoP/ARoP/Lairs. Bipeds seem to get things done faster but its less of a thrill (e.g. levelling up with decent heals AND killing spells etc but no lore)

Fingers crossed, EII will finish off the patches already started (i.e. flying disk) and then get to work on the overhauls of the biped classes, and put in a lot more quests for bipeds. I was already put off by the lack of quests to ease my Saris into game; luckily I knew most of it already thanks to playing my dragon, but quests are nice to take your mind off that "oh 30% more to go" syndrome.

hm... adventure leveling a dragon is faaaaaaaaaaaaaar more easy than doing it as biped... And with that ******** good xp you get with your adventure quests, you level up even faster...

I tried to keep a biped and a dragon at the same rating, on two accounts, and let them hunt together... I had to play the biped alone, many times, because the dragon just got that much xp out of its quests...

I don't like dragon crafting, that's mainly because I really love the miner and gatherer school for the fact that they ease up gathering ressources... and dragon really needs teched items to be a good gatherer...

I think of lair shaping to be very interesting.. tested it a bit.. very nice school and a biiiiiiig goodie that the dragons got in the recent past... like most of the other goodies in the recent past where connected to dragons...

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyssa
    All 4 lairs are 497 - 518 silver. [....]

The largest plot is 80x80 and costs 4 GOLD, 257 silver. That's more than 8 times what any of the lairs cost - and it won't fit anywhere near the number of structures that the lairs will. The exception is silos, a biped plot can hold more silos of higher tiers - and of course I see so many biped plots that have nothing else on them but 100 T6 silos..........
    So, 500 silver for a lair or 4 gold for a plot? That's the disparity the OP is talking about.

p.s. there are more expensive plots around, I think 8 gold is the most expensive. All lairs, afaik, are under 600 silver.
    Thank you so much for the detail. I was too lazy to do the research and provide factual data

Regarding the difficulties between crafting a lair and biped plot structures, do keep in mind that it requires leveling mason, fitter, enchanter, weaver....

yes dragons are evil ^^

bipeds deserver more love :-)

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=14356

Australia, NSW, Port Macquarie, house, back yard. lol

huh????

^^^^^^

Bi-peds need more love??

i own a draggy and a bi-ped i was sooo newb at the begining of both of the characters, everybody wantted to help the bi-ped, no one really wanted to help the dragon with a heap of stuff...

bi-peds have heapsa love, i find it a bit dodgy that you can't fly away from danger though,,,,

i recon the Dryads should be able to fly just like the dragon's... they have wing's, hello....

ROFL... + us dragons wouldnt have to land for a snack then.. =)

Agreed Garfonso, Lairshaping is an excellent class. *edited* of hard work, but so rewarding!

Regarding the difficulties between crafting a lair and biped plot structures, do keep in mind that it requires leveling mason, fitter, enchanter, weaver....
    Well... if you want to be picky, it doesn't require anything. You can be a pure adventurer and pay others to do it for you. Same with the dragon It's just that we all seem to enjoy being self-sufficient on here, I know I do!
    Last edited by Peaches; September 23rd, 2006 at 06:49 PM.

dragons are by far the easiest class to level in game. with that said yeah bipeds should get a shot.

Biped plots get a LOT more storage capacity than a dragon lair would Ever get. There's this biped plot on Order... it has like... um.... 5 shops, and like 20some t4+ silos arranged in a castle-like square.

TWENTY .... TIER .... FOUR...... SILOS.

Stick 20 T4 silos AND 7 shops in a Dragon Lair... go ahead, I'm waiting.....

--Dhalin

yeah T4 silos are good. they take a fair amount resources to make besides 3 different classes to get done. lets refresh how many different dragon classes does it take to get to opt? oh yeah 1..,.

Dec 2003 to Oct 2004 - bipeds had plots
    Oct 2004 - AE --> TulgAE added yet more structures (merge revamp)
    Fall and Winter festival fluff since then
    Dec 2005 - dragon lairs (w/o hoard rooms mentioned in IRC)

On a side note, Hz was released with non-flying dragons (Adult in April 2004, Ancient ohhh Oct 2005) . . . so read your history first and take the "larger" view of Dragon vs. biped disparities.

So yes, there is a disparity . . . . 2 years and counting.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

you're right Jaraiden... Dragons got the big amount of the recent love...

Now it's time to give the bipeds some love...
    Wasn't that your point?

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Well, getting to both Goriax and Dhalin, there is a major difference. It can be easily proven that on a per-block basis, the cheapest and most efficient dragon silo is the tier 1. While that seems to be counterintuitive, think this way. A single tier 1 silo for dragons take up only 1 cube. It's storage is 1 stack, 20k. A tier 2 silo take up 2 cubes stacked. It's storage is 1 stack, 32k. Divide the amount of bulk by the number of cubes to compare: tier 1 is 20k, tier 2 is 16k per cube. And the ratios go lower per tier. Here's how they break down per cube:
    Tier 1: 20k
    Tier 2: 16k
    Tier 3: 11k
    Tier 4: 9.33k
    Tier 5: 11.33k (with a bend to have to worry about)
    Tier 6: 8.89k (with a bend to have to worry about)

So, the challenge is, build all shops and have adequate storage? Tagath in Mala has a 4x4x9, with all the crafthalls (tier 1 gem; tier 2 crystal, mason, smelting; tier 4 essence), 26 tier 1 silos, and 4 tier 2 silos. Without counting halls and lairs, that's 30 stacks for 648k bulk.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

yes t1 lair silos are good but you have to connect them all ^^

so biped silos are far better to access and to place at all

Wink

Lairs have layers.. silo take up the same amount of layers as it has tiers... so silo capacity is not the same or greater than a plot.

Maybe the value of lairs is fine due to the extra work and frustration that goes with it.

I got my 4g plot with a plot marker worth 250s. I had 200s when I won the plot. Was that fair? If EI changes the price of plots to match lairs?.. Someone will start a "Thats not fair" thread for that to.

Lets forget what has happened in the past.. let just go forward and play!!
    As a Cleric of Harden I am duty bound to teach you his ways.
    or kill you trying!

Uther has it right. This is really a pointless discussion. The game has larger problems to worry about.

Dont like the cost buy a lair then Personally I prefer a plot even if it costs 10G

One thing I never see mentioned in the "Lairs are cheaper and better" is the fact that you cannot - CAN NOT - willy-nilly rip out a structure somewhere and replace it with something else.
    Everything HAS to have a connection to the previous area that leads to it.
    So if you want to rip out that T1 Stoneshop to replace it with a T5 stoneshop... you have the following considerations:
    Is there enough room?
    Is the connection point in the right place?
    Is it connected to something else, and if so, is there another way to the connecting structure? If not, can I make a connection to it so I don't have to rip out everything below where I want to remove ONE structure? If not - do I REALLY want to rebuild everything connected?

Biped plot?
    Oh I'm going to upgrade my stoneshop from T1 to T5 because there is enough room. Boom. Structure gone and up goes a T5 shop.

This Thread is beggining to look like a football/soccer/ice hockey/rugby game where one eyed supporters screech on about how hard done by they are.
    I play both ped and drag and enjoy doing so
    I work within the parameters set by these species and again enjoy doing so.
    So what if one has an advantage over another .... dont like driving a ford go buy a mitsubishi just dont whine about the mitsubishi and keep driving the ford !

Thread Information