Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Radiant Essence Backpack

Do yall have to turn everything into an arguement? You guys are so quick to start throwing around accusations, favoritism, favoritism, and none of you know anything about what is going on. I seen this thread and said maybe I will see whats going on. Maybe I will get some insite into new things, but no same old crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Um I havent seen any on Chaos. Have we ruled out that we can not get the form? Its no different then rare cystlas being sold on a connie or npc back in the day, but the fact that it may only be on order is an issue.

I say keep looking and pass on information if we find the source, NPC or otherwise. It be nice to have the form

Jayne... you da woman!

So I, uh, like, blah, dude. or dudette

Quote Originally Posted by Mimir
    Philip, you are playing both sides of the fence here... pick a side.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phillip
    Rares should only apply to adventurers. That is something highly sought after. Adventurers thrive on such. They don't like static stuff that everyone can get.

For crafting, at least in HZ, rare craft items/materials have never been a popular notion. It's a different state of mind. Savvy?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rhyssa
    Crafters like rare items just as much as adventurers eg the exceptional greater crystal of holding, or the +7 speed crystal.

Rareness of the item isn't what's at issue here.

The equal opportunity for all to get said item is what's at issue.

I don't have the above holding crystal, some people do. Is it a problem? No - because I, too, have just as much opportunity of getting it as they did.
    I do have the +7 speed crystal, some others done't. But during the winter festival event, they had the same opportunity to get it as I did.

I agree. That is very good. You are in the minority then. I like you.
    Right. What I'm saying is that adventurers tend to like rares (in weapons/armor etc) more than crafters do (for tools/cargo etc). For the most part I believe in it so. It's not about right or wrong but just the state of mind and playstyle. They are different. This I experience in other MMOs as well. Some crafters don't mind it, and I believe they are in the minority.

On other replies, I'm not pointing at any WMs, TG or EI. I don't see current or ex-WMs on here taking a swipe at EI every chance they get. It's "the others".

If 2 backpacks = Favoritism, then why not push the limits?

Heck, maybe the dragons are at fault. It's always them somehow.

I personally think the Confectioners are to blame. After all it's their school that nerf my Boar Masks. Yes, that's a fact.

Btw, Mulder & Scully are on coming...
    Last edited by Phillip; September 28th, 2006 at 11:38 PM.

for the MMO unenlightened. A lesson on MMO events 101 this will dispell the its a mystery myth.

When a dev introduces a new item to the game that is meant to be a mystery part of a larger plot they do so with an accompanying plot and story. This is how its always been done in every MMO period. It is highly unlikely and I can say with much certainity that these were not placed to provide mystery and random t6 items on consigners. If they had been placed there as part of something else clues would have been found and would have been obvious.

So we are left with a couple of possibilities

An error or for some other purpose other than it being a mystery or part of some phantom event. Is it a conspiracy ? I doubt it Horizons isn't big enough nor good enough to warrant a true MMO conspiracy. I am leaning more towards an error or database screw up. Or quite possibly an exploit that someone found. I also highly doubt it was an ex tulga employee with access to simdoc as well. Could also be a World Master playing favorites. Perhaps this is how things are done under EII ? I do not know.

But no conspiracies here. Using that term is just a way for the fan types to deflect from the real issue which is how the heck did those packs end up there ? They certainly were not part of some phantom event.

EII could dispell everything by saying one way or the other.
    Last edited by MadDwarf; September 29th, 2006 at 12:18 AM.

Two Backpacks! Cry Havoc and Loose the Dogs (pardon the language) of War!

The most important point, that I missed above; how much were they?
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulamata
    Two Backpacks! Cry Havoc and Loose the Dogs (pardon the language) of War!

The most important point, that I missed above; how much were they?
    They were put on the Aughundell consignor for all of 10 silver each.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tantalyr
    They were put on the Aughundell consignor for all of 10 silver each.
    hmmm ummm

something isn't right then. The seller would have known that what they had was unique and could have commanded well over 10 times that price. if it had been placed as part of some event it would have as well been selling for much more than that. Perhaps a database error then ? Or an experiment by a player alt of a WM that went very wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter
    To put it bluntly, in order for any former Tulga personnel to have done this, they would have had to access SimDoc illegally. Insinuating that they did so, with no supporting evidence, demonstrates a reckless disregard for the truth. If a former Tulga employee's job search were to be adversly impacted by that insinuation in some way, that could be grounds for a claim of actual damages. Accusing anyone, including former Tulga personnel, of deliberate sabotage or unauthorized access to the game controls is a very risky thing to do.
    I insinuated nothing. It was a very simple question. IMO, someone reading between the lines in such a fashion implies guilt or knowledge of the guilty party. Now, I HAVE insinuated.

Just wanted you to see a REAL insinuation and for others to see the difference between a REAL insinuation and some lame old trolling tactic.
    Kwinn
    Mortal Danger is an effective antidote for fixed ideas... Erwin Rommel

Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

Dog: The other white meat

Order Server

Heavily multiclassed Human Hunter, 'overpowered' to the nth degree of beejeezusness and damned proud of it. Nerf me, go ahead make my day

Quote Originally Posted by MadDwarf
    hmmm ummm

something isn't right then. The seller would have known that what they had was unique and could have commanded well over 10 times that price. if it had been placed as part of some event it would have as well been selling for much more than that. Perhaps a database error then ? Or an experiment by a player alt of a WM that went very wrong.
    Dang I miss an opportunity to make tons of cash.

To the person who made the backpacks: please contact me in game I will buy all your packs at 25% over consigner price. I will even power level you. The name is Philip. I repeat, the name is PHILLIP.

thank you.

I'd like to have some just to hoard them while having lvl 100 bipeds bid for them not knowing none of them will get any MUHAHAHAHAHA

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip
    Right. What I'm saying is that adventurers tend to like rares (in weapons/armor etc) more than crafters do (for tools/cargo etc). For the most part I believe in it so. It's not about right or wrong but just the state of mind and playstyle. They are different. This I experience in other MMOs as well. Some crafters don't mind it, and I believe they are in the minority. [/SIZE]
    Nay, crafters love the special stuff just as much as adventurers do. make no mistake about that. Difference being, the fighters like to brag about what they have much more than the crafters do. Crafters enjoy keeping thier little secrets.
    It is better to regret something you have done, than something you haven't done.

The screen of the backpack does not show a crafter name. ->not crafted
    -> no form
    Enisha Dryad 190/234 Caster (retired)
    Enix Dryad 165/100 Heavy Melee (retired)
    Enigma Dragon 100/92 Helian (retired)

Unity

Can we get a Developer to answer a few question:

Do they know who this "Kluck" person is that put the backpacks on the connie in the first place?

Do they have anyway to check for possible hacking into the game to allow this backpack to even be available?

Is this a Developer that was playing around and accidently (or otherwise) made a few backpacks for whatever reason?

I have several other questions concerning this but will refrain from asking them because of the implications.

I just want someone from EI to respond to this thread and hopefully give some insight into this situation.

oh who cares why it was done... it was a fun little treasure to discover... I'm sure there will be more... I thought we were a mature community?
    L100 Hatchling of the Realm of Order

Quote Originally Posted by Indred Cold
    oh who cares why it was done... it was a fun little treasure to discover... I'm sure there will be more... I thought we were a mature community?
    Maturity: Trying to figure this statement out - Draws a blank as to what it has to do with this thread.

Discovered treasure: Was not a discovered treasure - they were put on an open connie - the whereabouts unknown.

More to come: How do you draw that conclusion.

*sarcasm follows*

Why care about anything anymore then? Mysteriously find every Special Weapon and Crystal ever made - including some level 100 Stat Crystals - Heal Recycle V and Cleanse V tech - 100 each of every comp - Cargo: Shoulderpad, Gloves, Mask form show up in my Private vault. Have the complete Castle planning appear in my planning window including private mines and gathering fields. Somehow the plot size has quadrupled also. And all the novians to complete the Castle are included.

And if anyone should come by and question why I was SO lucky to have found all this mysteriously appeared items and such, I will just tell them, "oh who cares why it was done... it was a fun little treasure I dicovered"

*end sarcasm*

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    If a wm did this, they had every right to do so, irreguardless of what you say. Unless, of course, your the boss of the said wm? And for that matter, it seems that Chaos can get these forms? Yes, I understand the forms were suppose to have been gotten from the patch, but the second patch from blight never made it to us, so how can Chaos get it then? And, furthermore, why is it bad for a wm to get the forms to folks, IF they can?
    wow very very scary post from a "player"

Quote Originally Posted by Hoberton

And if anyone should come by and question why I was SO lucky to have found all this mysteriously appeared items and such, I will just tell them, "oh who cares why it was done... it was a fun little treasure I dicovered"

*end sarcasm*

some people cannot simply comprehend proper game implementation of such an event. If it had been meant as a mystery or treasure there would have and should have been a story accompanying it. Thats how its done in all quality MMO's and games. You just can't have something showing up with no background.

So in the end I choose to believe this was either a database error or a WM playing favorites. Which actually happens in SE I have been told. Is this bad ? I don't know cause who am I to tell EII how to run their game ? I can choose to not pay for it.

But really its not such a big deal. I would just like to know how those two backpacks ended up on Order and no where else. I'm sure thats all anyone wants to know.

Quote Originally Posted by MadDwarf
    some people cannot simply comprehend proper game implementation of such an event. If it had been meant as a mystery or treasure there would have and should have been a story accompanying it. Thats how its done in all quality MMO's and games. You just can't have something showing up with no background.

So in the end I choose to believe this was either a database error or a WM playing favorites. Which actually happens in SE I have been told. Is this bad ? I don't know cause who am I to tell EII how to run their game ? I can choose to not pay for it.

But really its not such a big deal. I would just like to know how those two backpacks ended up on Order and no where else. I'm sure thats all anyone wants to know.
    i AGREE 100% who released these packs to live and why didnt the other shards have a chance? this type of thing is exactly why your other game "savage eden" is only getting 200 people a pop ........... very very bad form EI.

Quote Originally Posted by Indred Cold
    i disagree 1000% (is that a %) if it was done on Order to the tune of 2 no it is not "fun" nor is it a "event" and to label it as such is simply wrong.

Thread Information