Thread: Stop Please

Default Stop Please

Please stop closeing threads.

I am trying to find out whats going on here if anything.

Do you have any ideal how rude that is?

You would think you people learned last time you just make people more upsite then they have to be by stoping post and deleting them.

Just let them vent please.

Its also lets some people see whats going on here too.

If you spent halve as much time working on leting info out to us as you do deleting and locking it would be more usefull.
    Nothing But Love! That's what makes Dragons Fly!

Quote Originally Posted by Balthizar
    Please stop closeing threads.

I am trying to find out whats going on here if anything.

Do you have any ideal how rude that is?

You would think you people learned last time you just make people more upsite then they have to be by stoping post and deleting them.

Just let them vent please.

Its also lets some people see whats going on here too.

If you spent halve as much time working on leting info out to us as you do deleting and locking it would be more usefull.
    I'm in favor of closing some threads, actually. Not of deleting them, but of closing, once they've reached a point when they are simply full of negative feelings.

As long as there is no official information such threads simply cannot be used to 'find out what is goiing on'. The most they can do is collect rumors. And usually bad rumors at that.

When something definite is said from an official side, then is the time to discuss things and compare opinions and leave the threads open, no matter what is posted as long as it adheres to forum policy.

While I see the point that posting one's anger and despair on the boards might have some therapeutic short term effect for the person who posts it, I ask everyone to first think about the phenomenon of self-fulfilling prophecy. Meaning that you actually can make things worse by speaking negatively of it and creating more and more negative expectations.

My own policy is this: Post only when you are reasonably sure that your post does more good than bad (not only for you, but for the majority of other players).

I have been saddened and a little amused by expressions like 'the pit of despair' -- if that was true, than the respective player would have an horizons addiction. And need help. This, though it is dear to most of us and we spend a lot of time with it, is, after all, a game. Not real life. You can get into the pit of despair in Real Life and thats nothing to make fun of. But due to a game? A GAME, for heavens sake?
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

Well, the only thing I can say is dittos Snickel.
    I regret I have but one life to waste for Istaria!

I, too, agree to Snickel..

I must say, some threads where heavily abused by some people and got derailed very fast (like the PME buy out thread, I would have closed it on page two)...

It's just sad what happens here. Some people still want to kling to the game, others don't and lost hope... No one seems to respect the other anymore.
    That's sad, and I don't know where that came from.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

amen, close but not delete

Food is food, just give us something to chew on that removes DP's

*agrees with all of them*

Totally agree with Sniggles. I started the first thread about the buy out with the sole intention of finding out information and if anyone bothered to read and follow my original post the thread would not have been closed. First I ask for non cynical or conspiratorial comments and then add "facts only please". But by the second page we have people doing exactly what I asked not to see. I thank whoever closed the thread because it seemed to just get worse from then on (2 more pages of it).

Close threads as needed, don't delete threads.

Thread Information