Thread: Revisit of Board rules

Default Revisit of Board rules

Particularly this one:

No personal attacks are allowed. This includes everyone from attacking other players to the developers. Use of derogatory words will get you moderated in quick order. Repeated attacks will get you banned.

I highly suggest that folks reread the board guidelines. While many of you are confused and angry, it does not give the right to bash, insult, beat up, or rumor monger. Please, keep your posts civil and on topic.

Thank you

Peaches I hope you start getting paid now that you appear to be the implied community rep. I'd hate to think that EI/PME are taking advantage of your generosity and good nature. If they're not going to start paying you then I think you should consider exactly what it is that EI/PME require of you and why they won't pay you for it.

At the end of the day you're graciously offering your services as a shield and the only people who should take flak are those who are paid to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Tzael
    Peaches I hope you start getting paid now that you appear to be the implied community rep. I'd hate to think that EI/PME are taking advantage of your generosity and good nature. If they're not going to start paying you then I think you should consider exactly what it is that EI/PME require of you and why they won't pay you for it.

At the end of the day you're graciously offering your services as a shield and the only people who should take flak are those who are paid to do so.
    I could not agree more i love horizons has well and want it to prosper but at somepoint peaches you need to take a step back and think is this what you signed up for.

Default Thank you both, for your concern

I am not a community rep, I am a poster*community member* as well as lead moderator. I went to the site, and found more information, and I posted it. There is nothing wrong,whatsoever, with what I have done. If you are not happy with this, please, send me a pm, or better yet, send one to ei. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Peaches
    I highly suggest that folks reread the board guidelines. While many of you are confused and angry, it does not give the right to bash, insult, beat up, or rumor monger. Please, keep your posts civil and on topic.
    I'm so glad you're stepping up your enforcement of the rules. Too many people seem to think they're exempt, for some reason.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

There is a big difference between enforcement and nitpicking.

I think we have a right to information and I also think that the deletion of whole threads just leads to hardening of reactions of people that already feel like they have been done wrong.

It kind of makes me feel like someone is telling me, "Your opinion in this thread isn't of any value anymore because someone else voiced a different opinion here so we will shut you up right now"

In doing this alot of valuable information has already gone lost.

I think the best example is of when the death treat was made and they deleted all of this posters postings. Among his postings were some very usefull postings about quests that now are gone.

Is this enforcing the rules according to you Mr. LaughingOtter?

In my opinion this is just a perfect example of how this forum is modurated in a way which isn't going to lead anywhere but having on 1 side a cheer crowd lead by the moderators and on the other side the people that dare to remain critical nomatter what the concequences are.

I'm not doing this because I enjoy this, I do this because these forums should be open to anyone who has an account in this game and we all should be allowed to voice our opinion, within certain limits ofcourse.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Unfortunately, to clarify the situation, Sunuke, the "threat" was intended as the way to get said person's registration in here revoked, which either intentionally or unintentionally meant that the posts were deleted. I've not run forums like these and it very well may have been a software-contingent implementation for the deletion, not a moderator deletion.

Peaches, I too have to agree with Tzael. You are in a difficult position, dealing with the lack of communication from the development side and the frustration and paranoia from the player side. And thanks for the reminder on the rules.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Sunuke,

this thread was not about which measures would be taken against any who broke the rules (and I am with you in the opposition of deletion of whole threads, by the way, but thats EII policy and not in Peaches' power to change), this thread is about what constitutes rulebreaking.

And it is a good thing to once more declare what is tolerated in these forums and what isn't.
    snickel wigglsniff (retired) Twilight Crusaders on Unity
    poggle wigglsniff (gnomish crafter and mage) semi-retired on Order
    +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    A gnomish house should not just sit there, it should definitely DO something!

No Ankua, these discovery rules do not mandate that companies keep every single bit of electronic information they acquire or send. Rather, these are simply procedural rules for the production and turnover of relevant electronic data if the company still possesses that data at the time the discovery request is made.

This really is nothing new as this type of electronic data discovery has been going on for years in both federal and state litigation. What these rules do is merely codify what has been common practice of most attorneys in both requesting electronic data from an adversary and in producing such data on behalf of clients.
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Moderators attempted to retain posts and only edit out parts of posts that were rule violations, but that got them into more trouble than simply deleting posts. They were flamed by the OPs for changing their posts without their permission. They were accused of trying to subvert the OP's meaning of the posts as well.

It is easier to just delete it and move on. The whole post must conform to the board rules or none of it does.
    Flsssssh Rsssssst
    The appointed "Rhyming Rhapsodizer" of Blight
    Former Guild Leader of Blight's Conclave of Shadows

Thread Information