Thread: A idea for pure crafters help

Galem

Default A idea for pure crafters help

I am not a pure crafter, but I hurt for them in some cases. I see what they face if they are real only crafters.

Okay, one of the problems is the mobs at high levels getting them in the fields.

Why not create new cargo or crafter only boots that take a new or more powerful speed tech?

We used to have more speed, then it got nerfed. It was done because it was too easy to run from mobs.

Why not put those faster speeds back in a crafter only version? It would help a pure crafter because they have long runs now than before and allow them a better chance of getting away from bad things that jump them.

To make sure that adventurers don't wear them and live with the lower armor number, make it a new kind of tech, +speed and -All melee/magic skills, or something equally that would make hunting with them not an option.

It would be special and used only by people who want to craft only.

Crafting would still be dangerous for a pure crafter, but it would give them more ability to get away fast and to travel to their spots better.

Okay, I hope that is understood. It made sense in my head.

Default Re: A idea for pure crafters help

Correct me if I'm wrong, but crafters can wear all sorts of cloth armor up to ironsilk I think. So simply make some cloth boots with the speed-tech. You sacrafice a bit of storage for speed, but it seems a fair tradeoff to me.
    Korsh HammerFell
    lvl 100 Chaos Warrior / 57 Cleric / 36 Mage
    lvl 18 Mason / 19 Blacksmith
    Order of the Phoenix
    Crucita in the Realm of Order

Korsh, the thing is that speed can go on cargo boots. What he is asking is for *more* speed than the standard tech.

I think the idea has merit, though it should be in the Suggestions forum :).

One problem, though, is how easy it is to swap equipment. How do you keep an adventurer from just having a spare pair of boots to don when running is needed?

-Levity Merrel

Oh I see. Maybe the answer isn't a tech but rather an ability. many adventurers get Strength bonuses (for example) every so often as they level (+10 2 or 3 times over 100 levels I think), perhaps crafters could get this as well but with speed?
    Korsh HammerFell
    lvl 100 Chaos Warrior / 57 Cleric / 36 Mage
    lvl 18 Mason / 19 Blacksmith
    Order of the Phoenix
    Crucita in the Realm of Order

i say let these areas be guard by one single mob unit, with a leader and maybe4 minions (like Fang). once killed, they won't spawn again for6 hours.

let these mobs have a .1% chance of dropping a shoulder buddy or something not overpowered. an incentive per say.

get some adventurers to go wipe them outand there,6 hours of happy crafting.

Galem

A ability would carry over though. It would have to be somehting that would work when crafting and not when adventuring.

I didn't think of the swap out thing. That's why I posted here, to make the idea more solid, and clearer than my speaking.

I don't think this is possible, but can it pop effects on you instead? Then when you put the boots on you would have the negative buff in the window and it takes xxx time to wear off after removing boots?

Quote Originally Posted by Galem
    Why not put those faster speeds back in a crafter only version? It would help a pure crafter because they have long runs now than before and allow them a better chance of getting away from bad things that jump them.
    To make sure that adventurers don't wear them and live with the lower armor number, make it a new kind of tech, +speed and -All melee/magic skills, or something equally that would make hunting with them not an option.
    All the right components for this are in game, just not together:
    1) Make the tech placeable on tools only ( this removes all weapon useage ).
    2) Add the "pucker" effect from the bitter pickle mobs. ( this caps all spell skills to a max of 0 )
    3) Add the primal flash effect ( primal spell tech that modifies range by -20 and would eliminate unarmedskill from being used ) **In theory this could prohibit gathering/mineing though I believe it wouldn't..it could be altered to work if they were affected.**
    4) Make all effects includeing the speed boostinto a 10sec buff and have the item in hand recast upon user every 9secs..similar to auras and blighted jewelery.

Add all of that together and I believe it creates what you wanted.

Nice thread, and good idea's I think[:)]

Jah, maybe I don't understand completely what you are saying, if so then sorry about that.
    But if I understand what you write correctly, it will not be possible for the crafter to cast any spell while gathering / crafting?
    I for one would be pretty handicapped by that; spells aren't only meant for attacking mobs...

Spells I use while crafting (btw I'm a low adventurer, but when going with adv level 30 inbetween mobs 70/80/90 you might just as well not have any adv. levels at all...): all buff-/protection-spells I have at my disposal, maybe not worth much, but it cán make the difference between a fatal blow and a blow that leaves you júst enough HP to make it out alive...; buffs to strength, dex etc to make my crafting and gathering go better/faster; spells to get ALL the speed I can find to run; self-detox-spell to try and make an overburden spell (or other spells) cast on me by a mob inactive; healspells of course to try and mend damages done before another hit comes my way (can also be the difference between living and dying).

All in all: I couldgo withoutspells directed at the mobs, but I certainly couldn'tsurvive ánd gather/craft withoutall those spells I use and háve to use very often when trying to get resources from between much-higher-level mobs; or for that matter the spells that at least lighten sóme of the dreariness of having to run for ages and ages to and from the back-country spots where many of the not-mob-ridden area's are to be found.

So any spell-stopping would have to be only directed at attack-spells, not the rest (lol just realize recalling is a spell too... ouch...[;)]).
    Love your clever idea though to put a speed-spell on tools-only.

Wouldn't it be possible (or even better) to combine some of your idea's with another idea: trigger this speed-tool as soon as a crafter gets monsters within a certain range (30 or 40 metres perhaps) that are more then 10 levels higher then the crafter (and not in other cases)? That would be an anti-exploit thing to do too, wouldn't it? Maybe this in combination with your tool-idea (thát is what is triggered then) ánd at the same time making any attack-spells (but only them) inactive: wouldn't that be enough to totally outrule using this 'craftershelp' when actually (wanting to) fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Galilee
    Jah, maybe I don't understand completely what you are saying, if so then sorry about that.
    But if I understand what you write correctly, it will not be possible for the crafter to cast any spell while gathering / crafting?
    Not exactally, one can not cast a spell with the tool equipped. This is farlessof a handi-cap than you think it is. Before I go into detail I should restate the 2 basic goals that I intended my suggestion to meet.
    1) The speed boost is for crafters only. This concept has been mentioned in almost all of the posts. In order to meet that requirement the speed boost must be of absolutely no use to an adventurer other than when in transit.
    2) Everyaspect of the crafter speed boost are already in-game, work reliably and have no known issues associated with them.
    Though this requirement was not requested in the thread; it does minimise the chances ofthe suggestioncreating a new problem if implemented [ Grantedcombineingissue-free aspects of thegame could create a perviously non-existant conflict or bug ].It alsomaximizes the chances of it being implemented. I posted for fun with no expectation of a dev ever reading my idea, but see no reason to post a suggestion with out the goal beingto have it implemented. The devs have serious issues that they have not the time to deal with. This is a non-critical issue and IMO it's only chance to be considered by a dev is if the solution is simple and easy to implement.
    I for one would be pretty handicapped by that ... Spells I use while crafting ... all buff-/protection-spells I have at my disposal, ... spells to get ALL the speed I can find to run; self-detox-spell... healspells of course...
    So any spell-stopping would have to be only directed at attack-spells, not the rest (lol just realize recalling is a spell too... ouch...[img]/Web//emoticons/emotion-5.gif[/img]).
    *Abilities are not spells. Many abilities do not even have a spell skill associated with them ( sprint, detoxify, most regens, etc.. ). No ability has a min skill level to be cast and therefor "pucker" will not prevent any from being used. I can't think of any defensive ability that would have it's effectiveness altered by a skill of 0 (Healing is an offensive ability ). Instant heal and cloak of thorns would both still be useable, but would not be as powerful as when cast with skills at their proper level. Offensive abilities such as engulf, enhanced bolt spells, etc.. would be almost guaranteed tomiss with out perfect spell active and even then would do little damagefollowed by along recycle time.
    *Recall isneither a spell nor an ability and would not be affected at all.
    *To cast a spell all one would need to do is unequip the tool and wait a maximum of 10secs.
    *Buff/protect spells: Most last 15min or longer and players tend stop what ever they were doing to cast them all at the same time anyhow.
    *Surges and swift feet only last 3 mins and it would get annoying to maintain them, but not at alldificult. Since removeing augment skill from pucker would not enable one to hunt it could be done as still maintain the tech's "crafters only" integrity. I wouldn't though; if the speed boost is enough for a player to outrun wolves w/o sprinting then the inconvience would be a small price to pay for such a boon.
    *Heals can NOT be allowed. If they were, then clerics, healers or any support character could go hunting with a groupwhile benefiting from the tech and suffer almost no penalty to thier combat effectiveness due to therole they play in a group. Druids ( or anyone with a damage shield and 2 heals ) could solo kill stuff.

The whole point of the speed boost is for acrafter to be able to 'avoid' being engaged by mobs. Freshly spawned mobs have a 20sec delay before they do anything. If one is still getting thumped on then either the boost is insufficiant for it's purpose or that player isn't paying attention.
    Wouldn't it be possible (or even better) to combine some of your idea's with another idea:... wouldn't that be enough to totally outrule using this 'craftershelp' when actually (wanting to) fight?
    *Almost anything is possible.
    *Better is an opinion whichI would disagree with ( see goal #2 ).
    *No, it would not prevent hunting with the tech ( see above comments on druids , etc.. )

Thread Information