Thread: Horizons not loading.

Question Horizons not loading.

Silithus: I try to load horizons, but when it gets to character stats, it seems to load them forever before finally entering the world. WHen it does, all I have is a view of clouds, none of my stats are loaded, and chat doesnt work. Ive deleted the cache folder afterward, tried doing a few things but to no avail.

Anyone know what might be going on?

Default Re: Horizons not loading.

That problem was occuring on Chaos for a while. If you just let the computer sit, eventually it did seem to load. Sometimes taking longer than 10 minutes. So let it go for a while and see what happens.

I sure hope that Order is not going to experience some of the problems that were plaguing Chaos. It was NOT fun.

That happens if the client doesn't get the character data. It'll wait for awhile (like 2-5 minutes) at the loading screen then give up and show the clouds.

The question is, why isnt the client getting the character data?

Network congestion and packet loss can cause this, as can problems with the shard. Given that nobody else is complaining (yet?), it's probably not the shard.

See what kind of network connectivity you have first. Open a command window (start, run, type 'cmd' in the box and hit ok). Ping one of the horizons servers, the web server is fine. At the prompt, type
    ping -t horizons.istaria.com
    and hit enter. The program will send a single echo request every second till you abort it. Let it run for a minute or two and hit ctrl-c to stop it.
    You'll get a summary like
    2 packets transmitted, 2 received, 0% packet loss, time 1001ms
    Packets transmitted should be very close to received, and you should have 0% packet loss. A high % packet loss can cause what you're experiencing, especially if it's 100% :P

Silithus: Ah, alright. Thank you Steel and Solitare

Maybe the rest have given up on getting support from PMI so they just only complain when they are online and don't even bother to post on here.

Then the other part is that the population is declining too.

Silithus: Please dont start the everybody doesnt like EI thing. Its gotten real old seeing it in almost every post.

Another option is, delete the terrain folder, not the stuff in it, the folder

itself. Not the chaos_terrain but the folder that that is in. Then, run a full

scan, it will see the folder missing and replace it.

I n the loading order, the character loads after the object directly under it

does, if that wont load the process won't go further.
    "Close your mind to stress and pain, fight till you're no longer sane. Let not one **** cur pass by, How many of them can we make die!!"
    "March of Cambreadth" by Heather Alexander
    Drakarr Lunus dragon, Chaos 100 ADV 100 DCRA 80 LSH

Thread Information