Thread: Tier IV and V Technique Drop Rates?

Zanth

Default Tier IV and V Technique Drop Rates?

Greetings all,

I've been trying to figure out what is supposed to be the drop rate for tier IV and V techniques. Since these were introduced, I have found ZERO techniques of any kind on any creature, especially in the 80-100 range as thats what I usually hunt.

I know that some people have amassed a small collection thus far via auctions and such, but are there specific creatures that are only dropping these?

Default Re: Tier IV and V Technique Drop Rates?

all mobs have a chance of dropping techs and forms. Forms are rare and techs are more rare than the expert forms. it's all in the luck of the draw i guess.

Myself - I've gotten tier V techs off giant ice beetles, dire wolves, icy dire wolves, periodot and emerald golems. I don't think one mob drops forms more often then the others. Just seems to be a "lucky" streak some players get.

Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Martal Bau

Quote Originally Posted by Zanth
    Greetings all, I've been trying to figure out what is supposed to be the drop rate for tier IV and V techniques. Since these were introduced, I have found ZERO techniques of any kind on any creature, especially in the 80-100 range as thats what I usually hunt.
    I know that some people have amassed a small collection thus far via auctions and such, but are there specific creatures that are only dropping these?
    Yea I've seen about the same thing. I have got like 4 Techs total since the Merge and no Tier 4+ Techs. With the dozen or so J-Man forms and the 2 Expert forms I've had drop, my opinion is the drop rates suck. On top of Techs & Forms, I've only had 3 mobs drop bounty markers and have had NO drops for Lore Tokens & Horde Items.

About the only thing I like is the Tech Resource drop rate, but that's still not even close to what I'd call consistent. I shouldn't have streaks where I get 1 resource in 45 mins & 30-40 mobs and then get 5-6 in 15 mins off 12 mobs.

Some people kill a lot more in the same time and obviously if they are killing more they increase the odds of finding a tech.

I have looted only a handful of t5 techs however have been present for the looting of many more. Expert forms I have seen dozens off.

I mostly hunt gem golems, giant ice/fire/flame beetles and on occasion icy/fire dire wolves
    Zodias of Order
    Sprit Disciple Quilt, Miner

Monk Issue List

In 3 hours of hunting, I got 8 expert forms and4 V techs, not bad at all.
    I think I did find mobs that drop them more than others, but I'm not too sure of that.

Quote Originally Posted by padishar
    In 3 hours of hunting, I got 8 expert forms and4 V techs, not bad at all.
    I think I did find mobs that drop them more than others, but I'm not too sure of that.
    Nice ratio! But i donĀ“t think there are mobs dropping the techs really "good" or "bad" but well spread between all of them .. only a great number of kills can speed up things and even this does not work every day.

But as you are on order padishar... send me a PM and i will check this mobs on Unity too ;)

Looking for all types of Tier 4/5 techs!

Though they do drop off any appropriate level mob..I find that blighted areas have the best drop ratio. I useally hunt in small groups ( 3-4 players ) and we collectively find more than 1 an hour on a consistant basis. Last night in east blight we found 2 T5 dye techs and 2 T6 construction forms. Last time in western deadlands we found 1 T5 spell tech and 3 T5 craft forms. In both cases hunts lasted between 2 - 3 hours.

Fisk

Hunting specific mobs I get one T4 drop per hour. No, I'm not saying which mobs I hunt. [:D]
    Play around, some mobs have loot tables that (to me) seem to be a great deal better than other mobs.

Thread Information