Thread: Super Bosses

Default Super Bosses

Posted on the old forums but thought i'd move it here.

Over the past few weeks i've noticed that super bosses seem to create clashes between players with regard to drops.

The norm is to kill valkor etc then random on the drop and give the piece to the winner which seems to work wonders but at times i must wonder if players seem to like to keep the number of people at these spawns low / get all guild members there to increase chances. People lacking the last bit seem agitated at times because someone will not trade them... but its their right i guess.

This isn't a ********** at any players in particular nor jealousy as i have been rather lucky in winning drops. But is this the right way?

Daknor seems to be working very well.. it is encouraging people to invite each other to the fight and only builds the community and player sharing with regard to hides.. my set is complete yet i continue to fight him before cashing the quest to help others as do alot of other players i.e. telandyll, dysalot etc.

Now this question comes to mind.. who would people feel about applying the same to valkor, sog and reklar etc? Allow all players to get a different drop chance. Your all probably saying well that sucks as there would become too many blood weapons / demon weapons / reklar bits as the rarity is obviously desired by devs.

Now what if each player was given say a 10-20% chance to drop a piece. Make it rare enough yet give all players a chance. We are more likely to see people invite each other out to a fight as it helps everyone and doesn't give the whole keep it low brow mentality. Bosses could also me made tougher on this respect to make it a true community thing.

This could be taken further to prevent multiple low level toons from getting drops say put a restriction to level 90 and above before you get a chance on the loot.

Its just a suggestion but what do you all think? I just feel there must be a better way to promote community involvement and build player networking.

chef

One method to be considered is to have different loot distribution routines available for each group such as are used in there games. The various methods were discussed at length in beta and when game went live. The super boss issue may bethe very reason predetermined loot allocation systems should be reconsidered.

Thread Information