Thread: New Blight Client Works for Vista?

Default New Blight Client Works for Vista?

I've never been able to log in to Horizons since installing build 6000 (release) of Windows Vista. The new Blight client has somehow allowed me to log in instead of having the client crash immediately upon loading. Anyone else able to log in with Vista after patching on Blight?
    "We live only ONE REAL DAY, during which we recall false memories of living many more."
    Is it today?
    "No."

Default Re: New Blight Client Works for Vista?

I got the game to work once today, only once though. I actually logged into Chaos... Trying it again tonight I cannot get it to start again. Client crashes on launch once again no matter whether it is Chaos or Blight I attempt to connect to.

Didn't work for me.

Vista... HZ's reliance on dot net 1.1 ? perhaps though I can't imagine it would be the case but the cause of vista problems ? Considering MS does claim full backwards compatibility with previous dot net environments.

Or perhaps it is DX10 ? The HZ team might want to address this issue pronto. You can't buy a consumer machine without Vista on it. If MS has their way XP will be totally unsupported in the next year or 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryagain View Post
    The HZ team might want to address this issue pronto. You can't buy a consumer machine without Vista on it. If MS has their way XP will be totally unsupported in the next year or 2.
    I am already in that boat actually. My wife and I replaced our laptops recently, and they came loaded with Vista Premium. I thought maybe I could set the PC up as a dual boot with XP, but unfortuneately their is no drivers for XP so I am stuck with Vista.

I think the problem is with the way the game starts. I have got the game too work twice on this PC, once from the web launcher, and once from the stand alone laucher. I had to use my old account to log in, I can't create a new character... most of the time though the game just crashes before it even starts.

When it does start though the client works fine.

Thread Information