Thread: Yay! Virtrium.

Talking Yay! Virtrium.

I'm Really REALLY glad this game got bought again by Tulga's old staff. They know where they want the game to go, familiar with all the data and stuff and can get things rolling again. I've been playing on and off since the game hit the shelves and before that, anything that had to do with Horizons, I knew about it. I used to have the old model concept clips with just the basic walking dragons and couple of the bipeds.

If I could say anything to Virtrium it would be, Welcome back! This community has gone a long time without patches are communication or any hope at all in where this game was going. Please take your time with anything you do, because whatever you do, even the slightest bit is going to be enough for most of us.

Not to be all fanboy or anything (because I'm a girl. ;P) but I'm glad this game has a future now. Or it appears so. Virtrium/Tulga was good about communication with the playerbase and now these forums are alive and buzzing. Heck, even the channels ingame are refilling, lots of old hides are coming back. And starting to see a lot of new players coming around for some reason.

So yeah, everything you're doing is going to be appreciated. I had to get this off my chest because I'm actually really excited for this game again. My husband even started playing.
    __________________________________________________ __________

Default Re: Yay! Virtrium.

hell yea, now wheres my Horizons t shirts? open up a online store man. I wanna advertise around town while looking hot in my Horizons pimpage.
    Chaos Kryu-Saris
    33 Druid,40 Cleric,17 Warrior,8 Mage,64 Carpenter, 54 Mason, 54 Enchanter, 43 Fitter, 31 Weaver
    Moragon-Dragon : 63 Adv, 47 DRCA, 13 LS

Excited here as well. EI ruined Hz for me and Virtrium renewed my love of the game. Thanks Virtrium/Tulga. Their honesty is what I always liked about the company. Even if something was going bad they'd tell us, like when David Bowman announced that Tulga filed Chapter 11. How many other mmo companies would have told their player base that on the forums? None of them.

Welcome back Virtrium.

Me and husband plan on winning the lotto and pumping a few hundred thousand into Horizons. But planning to and having things actually follow through are two different things.

I am happy with the transition and to be honest I'm not even worried about target sub #'s or anything like that. Not my issue to worry about. As usual I'm just here to play.

think I have my brother about to download and start playing he was looking to start an MMO and I think I have persuaded him to try HZ over LOTRO
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

That was waaayyyyy too cute!

Thanks Vahrokh

Yeah, a big thanks to Vitrium for pulling this game out of its deadspin.

Also thanks for great customer service. Had some questions regarding subscriptions and they were answered / solved quickly and satisfactory.

It is good to see Horizons has be rescued from the grasp of those E-crooks known as IE. I strongly feel that company must answer for its dishonesty and fraudulent activities. I hope those who are affected by the billing with IE take the advice Virtrium and use the credit card company report system to raise the alert about the activities of IE so justice can be done and IE put out of business, if not that fined a huge amount.

The Dev team have their work cut out. Horizons is no longer the only MMO to offer a housing system like it does. Vanguard does too. Horizons still has dragons as a selling point but, no longer can claim the only MMO with free flight since Vanguard now does that too, the only difference is you'll have a dragon as a mount to fly not be a dragon. Horizons however still has one of the best crafting systems of all MMO's. I truly believe Horizons to be a special MMO. It has a great world and story. I hope one of the main aims of the dev team is to update the graphics for the world. The vaporware expansion David Bowmen talked about said this was one of the goals, I hope Virtrium can make it a reality. Horizons will truly be something look at if they can do this.

I would love to return and give my support to Virtrium, but unfortuanlty I was a Unity player and I just can't face starting another dragon from scratch. If Virtrium can raise Unity from the depths or merge it's database with the current servers you can be sure I'll be back and support the game if the game works with Windows Vista. Virtrium have a great opertunity here to evolve one of the best nich MMO's on the market if they can bring it up to date.

I'd be worried about Vanguard (or rather I'd be playing it), except that it has just as many bugs and design flaws as HZ, if not more. "The Vision" has failed again.

"The Vision" has failed again.
    I support visionary enterpreneours and companies, they are the only hope to carry us over the sheepish copy and paste situation we have right now.

I seriously can't care the less that company A is plenty successful, milks 100M dollars a month, but their games are flat and plain and unimaginative. They found the cash cow doing X, and year after year they propose X, X', X", X'" and so on, repackaged, re-perfumed, re-fitted.

For every "vision" company that fails, a new CEO has born, preaching how all must be a copy and paste of a success story and how sheep investors are insured a win.

Vanguard was different than WoW, then they got scared and started copying some WoW gameplay elements into it.

Naturally, the majority, unshaved people, will compare how well an established game supported by the biggest software maker does against a newer competitor and then it's all a pain and lose story.

Let me be straight: a success MMO is an exception in a sea of 10-50k subscriptions "failures".

But a success and wide spread MMO to me is like a super market: canned deja vu stuff catering to the lowest common denominator, both in players skills, knowledge, computer hardware, everything. It reeks of "globalization", of "normalization".

I prefer to buy the small farm products, the apples that shine much less, are of irregular size, some of then are rotten or got worms. And they cost MORE! Yet they have an original, different taste, something that stays in you.

The farm will make 10000 apples instead of 100 million. It's a failure.
    It may struggle surviving season after season, competitors being Chinese apples made in the millions, cheaper, shinier, equalized, purified.

I love those failures, it's what spices my life.
    If Horizons has to be a "failure" yet they manage to find ways to survive year after year, I am happy with it.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Vanguard? BAH - stomping around on the ground....

Vah mentioned it in another thread; this game should have been gone long ago, but it seems to refuse to let go. That says all you need to know. Imagine Waste of Weekends had it endured what we have...

Quote Originally Posted by Vahrokh View Post
    I prefer to buy the small farm products, the apples that shine much less, are of irregular size, some of then are rotten or got worms. And they cost MORE! Yet they have an original, different taste, something that stays in you.

The farm will make 10000 apples instead of 100 million. It's a failure.
    It may struggle surviving season after season, competitors being Chinese apples made in the millions, cheaper, shinier, equalized, purified.
    Yay... Vahrokh would buy apples from me... Woo hoo...
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

*spit shines her dull mishaped apple* <.< >.> MINE!!!!! *hoards*

Quote Originally Posted by Greenclaw1 View Post
    I would love to return and give my support to Virtrium, but unfortuanlty I was a Unity player and I just can't face starting another dragon from scratch. If Virtrium can raise Unity from the depths or merge it's database with the current servers you can be sure I'll be back and support the game if the game works with Windows Vista. Virtrium have a great opertunity here to evolve one of the best nich MMO's on the market if they can bring it up to date.
    Aw, well if you ever decide to come back, I know Order is a pretty decent community right now. I'd gladly make you anything you needed, since you've already walked the walk, of what I can assume is an adult/ancient dragon.

Also, they do have a thread on these boards that lists a means of playing Horizons on Vista. Maybe you could check that out and see if it works at least. That way, if you get it working, you'll have no problem coming back!

I'm sure they will do something for the Unity players, its only a matter of time. They probably still have all the database with everybody's characters even.

Thread Information