Thread: Just a wild idea

Default Just a wild idea

Here's a wild idea to do about all them defunct, unowned buildings that will go kapoof when reclaims happen. Blighted homes. The homes become blighted from disuse and start wandering around attacking players (animated buildings) The power of the animated building would be dependant on the tier of building it is. Once destroyed, it would random choose what harvestable resource you could reclaim from it.
    This would only happen to buildings that are being reclaimed and are not open to public or guild use.
    Starmind: Member of Scions on Order Shard; Helian Ancient Dragon 100/100/100
    Starmind's Crossroads: Harro, Just Uphill of the Binding Shrine

Default Re: Just a wild idea

Quote Originally Posted by Starmind View Post
    Here's a wild idea to do about all them defunct, unowned buildings that will go kapoof when reclaims happen. Blighted homes. The homes become blighted from disuse and start wandering around attacking players (animated buildings) The power of the animated building would be dependant on the tier of building it is. Once destroyed, it would random choose what harvestable resource you could reclaim from it.
    This would only happen to buildings that are being reclaimed and are not open to public or guild use.
    mmm...ok... im not sure about this one.
    Chromos - 100 Ancient Lunus, 100 DragonCrafter,100 Lairshaper
    Titles - Expert DragonCrafter - Expert Lairshaper

The homes become blighted from disuse and start wandering around attacking players (animated buildings)

Lol.

Pray tell why?.

Gorek

They felt abandoned and lonely, so they seek vengeance
    Starmind: Member of Scions on Order Shard; Helian Ancient Dragon 100/100/100
    Starmind's Crossroads: Harro, Just Uphill of the Binding Shrine

Well, the OP does bring an idea to my mind:

There ARE some ruined buildings in the world, in fact, there's one south of Kion, if you go down near where Lt. Khar spawns, down past the golems, stick along the mountainside, you see an old blackened burned building that looks like it was set on fire.

I don't see why we couldn't do something similar to abandoned buildings that are reclaimed. Especially ones that are only half-built and were just left there for a long long time. Come reclamation time, these buildings look like they are in ruins, disarray, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhalin View Post
    Well, the OP does bring an idea to my mind:

There ARE some ruined buildings in the world, in fact, there's one south of Kion, if you go down near where Lt. Khar spawns, down past the golems, stick along the mountainside, you see an old blackened burned building that looks like it was set on fire.

I don't see why we couldn't do something similar to abandoned buildings that are reclaimed. Especially ones that are only half-built and were just left there for a long long time. Come reclamation time, these buildings look like they are in ruins, disarray, etc.
    I like that. I also like the idea of harvestable vacated buildings. Would be sort of like deconstruct but for buildings instead of tools and weapons.

Or, what we could do, is make a town.... an old ruined town, near some blight land.... or IN some blight land... heck, we could make this as a new source of Tier 6 resources..

Add Material Spawning nodes, much like the existing ones.... trees, etc. But instead, these look like pieces of ruined buildings, blackened, charred, half fallen apart, etc, and contain Tier 6 materials. But, as a catch, these are inside a BLIGHTED area, and of course, are swarming with Lv90-120 mobs. To harvest such, you'd need some friends to keep the mobs off your back while you harvest.

It would add a good place to get Tier 6 materials, and would make it difficult to obtain them without help (as they should be). The lore behind that is simple: These are remains of buildings that were built a long long time ago by ancient people, and these ancient people had vast building knowledge that we are slowly starting to re-discover today (The use of Tier 6 techniques, resources, and formulas). So, we harvest this rare material from these buildings, but as I said.... gotta keep the mobs off your back somehow, so bring friends!

Thread Information