Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Please, dont turn us into bees !

Default Re: Please, dont turn us into bees !

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Oh, I can think of 10 characters.

My husband's a real character, for example.
    HEY!

Oh, wait.

She's right.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Not true. I glide at a level all the time. You just have to hit 5 on the number pad to center your view first. If you change your view any way, then when you use your mouse look to look around it uses the new angle which is different and can cause you the descend.
    Hot darn there are glider pilots all over the world that wanna know *that* trick. ... did you eat spicy beef beforehand?

Rakku

*looks at linked pics* I want that middle top colour, the bronze! *starts following Amon everywhere with the hatchie eyes permanently on* pweeeease? I'll be a good lil draggy!

ummmm anyway on topic yes, please slow the flaps down. Even on a just a 72 adult with two T5 velocity wings the flapping was insane; I dread to think how it would be on a 100 ancient with the drulkars wings ability AND wing scales!
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Quote Originally Posted by pevil2000 View Post
    I dread to think how it would be on a 100 ancient with the drulkars wings ability AND wing scales!
    Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Rakku

Quote Originally Posted by Spirit View Post
    Hot darn there are glider pilots all over the world that wanna know *that* trick. ... did you eat spicy beef beforehand?

Rakku
    I agree with Rakku, this is impossible in game unless you have discovered a flight bug. I rarely change camera angle when flying, and gliding *always* results in descent. Also, has anyone noticed the altitude bug? At random points I'll have a problem maintaining altitude even when hovering, and any forward movement causes me to drop like a rock. Usually I have to land and take off again in order to fix the bug.

Be glad there is no fall damage in horizons

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

lol.. indeed Takora! Btw I saw your post on ToA..

I've not seen that oddity Radier... at least not that I've noticed. We used to be altitude capped of course, but that's no longer the case... so.. weird. :|

Rakku

Bees? Heh.

I remember one time on Unity... I was flying around Peak of Storms with a friend. For some reason, the server was a bit laggy.

While on the ground, my friend tried to change to khutit form. Nothing happened, or so it seemed. We thought server lag caused that and we then took off and headed north. All of a sudden, while mid-air, my friend finally changed form to khutit... and dropped like a stone towards land

Boy that looked silly

Quote Originally Posted by Radier View Post
    I agree with Rakku, this is impossible in game unless you have discovered a flight bug. I rarely change camera angle when flying, and gliding *always* results in descent. Also, has anyone noticed the altitude bug? At random points I'll have a problem maintaining altitude even when hovering, and any forward movement causes me to drop like a rock. Usually I have to land and take off again in order to fix the bug.
    I've noticed that rarely. I find I just have to unlock/relock my camera; its almost as if it thinks my camera is pointing down and unless I keep my finger on the 'up' button, down I come to earth.

... or maybe its a hint that our dragons have eaten too many gnomes over gnomekindle...
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

I also find it quite normal to lose height if you stop flapping with your wings ...

Quote Originally Posted by Radier View Post
    Also, has anyone noticed the altitude bug? At random points I'll have a problem maintaining altitude even when hovering, and any forward movement causes me to drop like a rock. Usually I have to land and take off again in order to fix the bug.
    I've actualy had an oposite effect, I'll land but still be traveling at flight speed and be unable to fly! A recall or reboot normaly fixes that issue.

If you use your mouse (mouselook) to change altitude while flying, then you're going to crash and burn... well, at least, you'll always be flying "down" if you aren't flying actively flying "up". If, however, you use keyboard shortcuts to change your camera to point up/down, and use keyboard shortcuts to move up/down, then you shouldn't get the "always flying down" bug.

Personally, I wish we could somehow glide for longer periods of time, only having to flap to change altitude, direction, and (simulated) speed. If you watch a hawk, for example, it glides much more than it flaps. It flaps to maintain a certain airspeed (so it can glide) and when needing to change direction, but otherwise it rides the thermals for huge periods of time without ever flapping. That's what I'd like my dragon to do. Have the animation flap for, as an example, 5 seconds out of every 60. (Well, and when changing direction of course, even to fly down in a controlled manner you should have to flap.) But that's just what I'd like to see.

I always fly with my camera slightly down. Yes, I have to press a key, but I get the effect of glide, flap, flap, glide, flap flap. ^_^

If you use your mouse (mouselook) to change altitude while flying, then you're going to crash and burn... well, at least, you'll always be flying "down" if you aren't flying actively flying "up". If, however, you use keyboard shortcuts to change your camera to point up/down, and use keyboard shortcuts to move up/down, then you shouldn't get the "always flying down" bug.

Personally, I wish we could somehow glide for longer periods of time, only having to flap to change altitude, direction, and (simulated) speed. If you watch a hawk, for example, it glides much more than it flaps. It flaps to maintain a certain airspeed (so it can glide) and when needing to change direction, but otherwise it rides the thermals for huge periods of time without ever flapping. That's what I'd like my dragon to do. Have the animation flap for, as an example, 5 seconds out of every 60. (Well, and when changing direction of course, even to fly down in a controlled manner you should have to flap.) But that's just what I'd like to see.
    If Istaria had thermals I'd agree. Since it doesn't I think that you should always loose altitude while gliding.

There's a lot which could be done to make flying more fun and interesting including updrafts, downdrafts, falling damage, flying into mountains damage, bad weather (rain, snow, hail, ice on the wings, thunderstorms, fog so bad you can't see the mountain you're about to fly into), fatigue, and airborne encounters to name a few. Alas, I guess that'll have to wait for another game.

Quote Originally Posted by Goriax View Post
    If Istaria had thermals I'd agree. Since it doesn't I think that you should always loose altitude while gliding.
    How do you know it doesn't? It has wind and weather. It's just that the Gifted aren't effected by it, or something like that.

if you fly in the Eastern Deadlands, they have enough green fog you can't see very far when flying...rather annoying to fly in.

How do you know it doesn't? It has wind and weather. It's just that the Gifted aren't effected by it, or something like that.
    I wish it did, and I encourage the dev's to add it.. but right now it has none of that, not anything that effects your flight anyway. We have wind and rain, but they doesn't affect how you fly... and we have a few snow storms, but they affect your vision only. As for thermals... cool I'd so like to see those simulated, but then I'm a glider nut. ... plus you'd need to be able to see the effects of these phenomena from distance... "Hey perhaps I ought not to fly over there, as there's a storm overhead and I value my hide" etc etc.

*continues to eat dinner*

Rakku

and just while we're on random flying stuff we'd like... I want to be able to jump off one of one of the huge towers and then just glide away AFTER i've been falling a short while. Rather than just stand at the edge and then have to jump up before pointing myself down to glide slowly; just doesn't have the same effect.

Just imagine if you saw a new hatchie and jumped off; they'd be watching you plummet to your death, wondering what you're doing, then bang, your wings open and they'd be in awe and even more captured by the game!

Ild love to be able to arrow down once in a while and stopping my fall by opening my wings shortly before touching ground

Hehe you could make an entire game around dragon flight.

Dragon flight simulator.

It would be cool.

Thread Information