Thread: Hot Key Bars

Default Hot Key Bars

I believe I read about this along time ago. Is there anyway we could have extra hotkey bars added, or the currrent hotkey bars increased in size by 1 or more key slots each. Speaking personally, I could get by much easier with 2 more hotkey bars.
    Vengeance 100/100/41 Lunus Dragon on Chaos
    79 Million Hoard
    Moregoth the Hunter 278 rating
    28 level 100 adventure classes

Default Re: Hot Key Bars

I have 4 of them on my screen. You can click on the menu and go to "hotbar" to add another. Alternatively, you can right click on any bar next to the number and select "add new hotbar"

I would wager Vengeance already has all 10 bars on the screen, and full to the bursting point. As do I, and I'm about half Moregoth's rating. More hotkeys really is desirable.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

Alternatively.. the ability to be able to load a new set of hotkeys without exiting the game .. I find 10 bars okay for the dragons generally - but far too limiting for multiclassed bipeds

Yes, more hotkey bars please. Even playing a dragon I have just barely enough hotkey room.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Yes, I have all 10 hotkey bars filled. I would love a couple of more to fill as well hehe.
    Vengeance 100/100/41 Lunus Dragon on Chaos
    79 Million Hoard
    Moregoth the Hunter 278 rating
    28 level 100 adventure classes

i do have all mine filled but i limit myself to a totla or 8>.> essential keys:P

2 more hotbars would be wonderful
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

how cn you people use so many hotkeys? i have only one bar, i use page one and two for combat (main attacks and area/debuffs respectively) page three for healing/buffs, page 4 for craft, and page 5 for miscelaneous stuff like screenshots and snowballs.

you people are nuts

That's easy. The hard part is removing hotkeys you don't need as much to put in the hotkeys you really need. Here's an old snap of my hotkeys I found:

http://horizons.yawelcom.net/screens.../hotkeys_1.jpg

This isn't even in my primary class, but levelling up 70-something shaman. The only pic of my primary class' hotkeys I could find was partially obscured, but you can see how one whole bar is taken up by monk/disciple chain attacks, and I even have to move around what I already have on there between switching classes. You can also see that I don't have a single crafting hotkey on there - I use a completely separate UI for crafting.

http://horizons.yawelcom.net/screens.../hotkeys_2.jpg

Sure, some hotkeys have been opened up by linking of the spell timers, but those were quickly consumed by all the things I've had to leave out.

Really, the greatest limit to the power of a multi-biped is shortage of hotkeys.
    You're looking at now. Everything that happens now is happening now.

Incessantly prodding Gezsera while getting rid of hibernation hangover.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

as a 100 warr, 100 cleric, and soon to be 100 monk, i ran out of hotkeys when i got to about 80 monk.
    i too, vote for more hotkey bars.......15 at least, i would think 20 would be enough for all but the most uberest of uber ubers.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

More hot keys would be great with 3 maxed schools soon to be 6 reaaranging hotkeys can be a real pain

As a dragon, I only use eight hotbars. Six are mostly for combat and two are for crafting.

As a biped, I save my hotkey setups for each class and just log out to swap a couple of files whenever I need to change setups. I don't have a lot of adventure schools done on the cat, I haven't yet gotten to a point where I'll need more than 10 hotbars...I hope I never do.

Talking Re: Hot Key Bars

Being a mauler, and tank, hotkeys is what we live off of. Our attacks, as many as there are, can be replaced with more complicated editing. I have found myself editing my hotkeys to do many things simultaneously. Among these I have one hotkey for all the buffs I usually use on myself and are popular among others. It is constructed with wait commands to make sure -every- spells is cast. I can do this with attacks as well, and have with red stance ability going to smash - so I can make sure I get the 115% damage. I also did this for blue stance ability and critical strike... That way I don't have to hurry up and press two hotkeys to be at optimal ability.

There are many exceptions to alot of things, however when you add everything up to include a bar to replace that big bulky square in the upper left hand corner (I myself put the blue cyrstal in upperleft and made a general hotkey bar with recall, cancel, setscales, chat, loot, and select nearest corpse in it.) That is helpful as well.

Granted the use of the bars may remain cluttered there is many exceptions. I use my spellbook for most buffs, and have about 3-4 attack bars at a time. I always redo my crafting bar and just change it for every class I use, and never over clatter, that way incase I do need spare hotkeys I have them at my exposal. Looking at tramsans set up the chain attacks can all be ONE hotkey and it wont mess anything up or atleast, not if you construct it properly.

It is alot of work I know, and it would be useful, but as we all know... there is alot that can be addressed that is more dire and important as an update. Hotkeys is a convenient, but the restriction is what can be learned and make things more difficult. Some have learned to deal with it, others make use of what they can. Thing being, as long as you use it up to optimal and resourcefully you should be fine. I also can do what Kala does and it is highly convenient as well.

Dangerous, that box can be resized. Put it in simple mode (I think) so that all it has is icons. This will free up a hot bar and takes less room.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Even then I have enough room the setscale and rest of my modded hotkeys go there

Not that I want the game to be more like WoW, but one of the things I really appreciated about the game was the ability to adjust what a hotkey did depending on the combination of mouse/kybd input.

On the same hotkey button, let's say Bank 1, Button 1...
    Result 1: Left click
    Result 2: CTRL-left click
    Result 3: ALT-left click
    Result 4: Right click
    Result 5: CTRL-right click
    Result 6: ALT-right click

That type of thing... not sure if it's feasable based on how the Horizons client is coded, but that would definitely alleviate alot of the hotkey issues folks are having, I think. Of course, 100 buttons does force you to make some hard strategic decisions on what spells and abilities to employ... but that doesn't mean it isn't painful.
    "There are but three loves in a Dwarf's life, young lad: battle to make one thirsty, ale to quench the thirst, and friends to bring more ale! Make no mistake about it... good friends are by far the most important." - Steele

You can combine some of them into macros you know. Would save a row maybe two.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    You can combine some of them into macros you know. Would save a row maybe two.
    ...Yep, I know. Been there, done that; the t-shirt has holes in it from extensive wear. lol
    "There are but three loves in a Dwarf's life, young lad: battle to make one thirsty, ale to quench the thirst, and friends to bring more ale! Make no mistake about it... good friends are by far the most important." - Steele

Thread Information