Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is HZ becoming a crafting game?

Default Re: Is HZ becoming a crafting game?

concerning Chaos:
    Lots of my friends and mates are hunting in group nearly every day (thx to our unremitting, dedicated groupleader DISINTERGREAT). We love that, everyone can join. People come in and ask: So whats up today/tonight?
    If someone needs help- no matter which level- there is a group- even craft we often do together. Disi`s concept works fine

Though I like to craft and better should^^- often I can`t restist the temptation of group hunting- often enough for no xp- often for good xp.

In my opinion, it`s a matter of organisation: Disi did the same on Unity and it worked, furthermore we had (and have on Chaos too) lots of possibilities to join different groups with different aims there.

concerning Order:
    Lovwyrm and Flameus (experienced boss-mob fighters^^) will arrive soon. And Tako, Vliss, Daih- I count on you
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; March 23rd, 2008 at 11:10 AM.

Heh, I don't know about anyone else, but i'm 100% in it for the fighting. I find crafting tedious, and usually pay other people to make me scales ;p One day when I'm lvl 100 adv..i'll get 100 craft xD

Crafting is exploited, fighting is dominated by botters and grinding blights.

I think HZ is becomming more of a 'building' game.
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

Quote Originally Posted by Royal View Post
    Crafting is exploited, fighting is dominated by botters and grinding blights.

I think HZ is becomming more of a 'building' game.
    I would like to know how you think crafting is exploited. I agree with you on the whole grinding thing simply for the fact that there is not enough quests or anything in order to help you get to 100.

Another thing how do you mean building game cause that can be taken a few diff ways.

I don't know what Royal meant by that, but I know I spend a lot of my time crafting with the intent of putting those resources into my lair... that's building, right?

lairshaping and biped building.. yup that's building.. crafting is more making items. .like armour, weapons etc..

Royal's got a point
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

i agree with you whole heartedly lovs there is much adventure out there for those who seek it and are active with friends even if group xp is nothing like it used to be.

I would like to see aegis events come back i think it would help. I distinctly remember defending towns being attacked by aegis and the excitement it caused. I would like to see the aegis more activly fighting back against us. In the same effect i would like to see players be able to reclaim some of our lost territory. I believe the interaction would cause istaria to come back to life and be way more driven and interesting and give characters a drive to continue the hunt with renewed vigor. I like many other players in this game have been around a long time and tho new content is added which keeps things changing simply hunting to hunt can grow old and start to feel pointless at times.

shake it up and break down the walls of the norm or expected and the community will grow and come together against a mutual threat. instead of bickering over our differences we could work together towards a better tomorrow.
    - we all play to have fun ... so lets group up and kill something

Ryley Redbeard of Order
    Summbuddy Fumbuddy of chaos

I was talking to a buddy today that used to play this game with me and he said that the only way he would come back was if events were to come back, because he said he was tired of the grind and the events were the reason that he played this game. He also said that they need to redo the whole xp thing , because it did not make sense for him.

So yeah i agree with you all but i think that before they add an event maybe they should look at the xp and everything first. I know events were what i played this game for. Im not talking about the holiday events either cause every game has those but back in the day there was always aegis movement and people loved it and that was probably the reason most of them left and I think that it would definately draw people back.

what do you mean "redo the whole xp thing"? details please or no one is going to be any the wiser..

*gets back to building confectioner station in order to stock up*
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Well first of all i think they should take a look at the xp you get from different mobs, a lvl 100 WA mob (which is way harder) should give better xp than a lvl 100 giant fire bettle which is easy as dirt to kill and lvl on.

Maybe redo the whole group XP or something cause us newer people dont even stand a chance of grouping with higher lvls cause we are not going to get that much out of it, so often times we are struggling just to get that next lvl. Might i mention also that we have to fight these higher lvl characters sometimes just to get a good spawn position, for such things as say trophies. I have been to several spawn points where I am constantly pulling 1 or two at a time just to kill some for trophies to help me level, and then a 160 rating or above will come in and pull the whole field. While some people will be generous to a newer player others often times say well who cares about you which has happened a couple times. Not trying to say that to complain, but maybe a second or third look should be given to us newer players and the Xp we get.

Olyblast, sometimes I think, reading your posts, you want this horse to be a cow. Or with other words, there's not much you like about this game, everything has to change and you have several buddies who think the same. Isn't it a better idea to look for another game?

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi
    Olyblast, sometimes I think, reading your posts, you want this horse to be a cow. Or with other words, there's not much you like about this game, everything has to change and you have several buddies who think the same. Isn't it a better idea to look for another game?
    Fully agree with you on this one, Sigi.

I've found the best way to pass time while trying to level is to find a mob around your level that drops something you want lots of/need.

Since I'm a dragon, I hunt anything near my level that, by my experience, drops good hoardables.

I do wish sometimes that the exp gains would be adjusted a bit, but that might make the game a little too easy too fast. We need more things to do in the endgame before we worry about GETTING there. (at least, from what I've heard)

I'm very eager to get my wings and have little time to play right now because of school, but I also don't want to get to level 100 anytime soon, because then I'll have to look for more things to do. (though I'll probably just raise other characters, and spend my time lazing about and rping XD)

Thread Information