Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: T6 Food

Default Re: T6 Food

It does help A few of the dragons in my guild have been getting me fish and garnishes, the only slight drawback with dragons getting meat or fish is that they don't get any of the bonus resources from harvesting, but that's not really a problem.

I respect your opinion Xanth, but I still would like it fixed.

as for food, I get it free. Sometimes I gather but I wont be going hungry anytime soon as a result the lack of food doesnt effect me much.

I still agree its a problem though.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

While I'm not a confectioner, I think I may have a moderate solution for you.

Take the current situation and treat it like a building project. Set up teams to harvest the raw resources and hand them off to capable gatherers (hopefully you have some that do gathering but not confectioning) to do the first process, then haul the processed goods to your confectioners. That way, both the gatherers and confectioners get substantial experience for lots of processing in a short time plus the added benefit of refilling your depleted market of food.

For those of you who have high DPs, perhaps that'd be an incentive to help you guard the tiers that are lower than you but are guarded so that lower level gatherers could get the resources safely. You may not get experience, but are in no harm of dying and those who would be in harm's way would now be safer.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

I do like this idea, something similar had occurred to me too. Organising it could be tricky :/
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

I don't craft, and I don't have any crafts high enough to gather even tier 4 resources using ingenuity. If they want me to protect them while they gather resources from a dangerous area, or get bonus materials that can only be got as loot from mobs, then that I can do. But I don't craft.

In general though that's not a bad idea.

Gopher, ingenuity is not gained through crafting schools. It is gained through adventurer schools. If you have any of the four base schools to 100 you will have Ingenuity VI.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

This once again illustrates why enforcing player economies at this level is a very bad thing. The more you limit you hunters, the less incentive there is to log in.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

.... I don't. Just checked. Why only those 4 basic schools? Spiritist, Monk, and Druid are all basic schools too (I'm 100 Druid and 95 Spiritist, 100 Ranger, 100 Healer, 99 Wizard). So it is entirely possible for someone like me to have a half-decent character and not to have Warrior, Mage, Scout, or Cleric.

I suppose I can understand going with the basic schools and not the prestige schools (ok, I don't, but I assume that you have a non-random reason). But if you're going to do that go with ALL the basic schools.

I have to agree with Gopher on this, if it is an adventure school joinable at level one isn't it a basic school?
    Vengeance 100/100/41 Lunus Dragon on Chaos
    79 Million Hoard
    Moregoth the Hunter 278 rating
    28 level 100 adventure classes

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    One change we do have coming up soon is that the bulk of processed food resources will be 2 and gathered/purchased food resources will be 4. This should hopefully help you some.

This will be of some help indeed. I think that another issue that, at least I have experienced, is not only the storage space but the fact that gathering many of the resources is a HUGE time sink. By design or no, loading up on potatoes or onions or sugar or whatever takes a huge amount of time. Decked out in t5 cargo gear and disc- about 17030 bulk space, I can fill up on trav or marble or any big resource, travel to a gate, and transport to a plot in 15-20 minutes. Not so for prepared resources. Getting a load of onions could take 40+ minutes just to gather.

Gopher, ingenuity is not gained through crafting schools. It is gained through adventurer schools. If you have any of the four base schools to 100 you will have Ingenuity VI.
    by AmonGwareth

I have to say, its rather funny, while I understand the Adv/Crafting reasoning, BUT according to my skill listings ..

I have 1000 Ingenuity in my lvl 100 Fletching,

I'm a Lvl 80 Healer (23 Cleric)
    I'm a Lvl 80 Gatherer

..and yet my Ingenuity skill is under Cleric - lvl 1 - Ingenuity 1

While I also understand my Crafting skills make allowances for certain Gathering, do we think that this may need a re-think regarding which Adventure class (es) actually contribute to this skill ? ..as gopher said, and I agree with him for the 2nd time today .. some players may never have any basic Adventuring school beyond what may be needed to qualify for a Prestige School (including me) .. but for other non-crafters, if Ingenuity is supposed to apply to any Adventurer, surely it should relate to your highest Adventuring School at the very least, whatever that school is.

I don't really understand the reasoning for it to only be increased by the 4 Basic Schools ..this somehow doesn't make much sense.

Love to hear any thoughts whenever ..
    Last edited by Lio; April 29th, 2008 at 06:56 AM.
    Lio de Purr [Proud Saris] -------------------------------- 100 : HLR / SPRT -- 63 MAG
    100 : MIN/GTH - CRP/ENC/FIT/MSN/WVR - JWL - FLT/WPN/ARM - Tlr=80
    Huffenpuff [Adult Helian] ---------------------------------- 100 : DCra -- 76 Drag Adv.
    <The Alliance> Acul - Harro - Wolf's Paw - Drift Pt - Fabric Isle <CHAOS>

Ok... now help me anyone...

I'm doing fine with the new system, because my gatherer is lvl 94. I was used to do confectioner work "out of the disc" in the old days, and I quite like it (yes, I'm a bit odd, I even leved gatherer by pure gathering as my first craft school). The best thing is, that you don't need clay anymore.

Now, where is my problem then? It's just the absolutely nonexisting food-economy on order... no one want's my food.

The only thing I sold until now was the draconic celebration cake (which doesn't fade DP-timer, but gives you a nice glow effect, I like that one, too).

Is there no one dying on order? Does everybody have his/her own slave confectioner doing the job for him/her for free? Is 200c for T5 food really to much?? (I took 50c for T4 food, and nobody bought that).
    Other confectioners seem to have the same problems on order, if I have a look at the consigners... It's just absolutely impossible to make any money with food T4-5 on order right now.

Or is there a secret "food court", I don't know about? I tried nearly all town confectioner's (I know aughundel is the most "active") and the one in bristugo... And now I 'm waiting for all this food to return to my vault and be deleted or given away for free to some friends for fun, because not even the pawn wants it.

So please, don't implement any NPC that sells the food... it's hard enough right now.

I'm just sad about all that money I lost for the consigner fee's.

Btw: the biggest time sink, when it comes to ressources, is still eggs. Milk and meat are similar, but nothing is as bad as eggs. Most of the chicken only give about 50-80 eggs, and then you'll have to search for the next one. Exept for bonus ressources, of course... gathering 600 clam's for my 100 batches of seafood paella just took me about 8-9 hours and gave me 2 dp, because the piers don't work.
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

re eggs:

there's lots of chickens past the Giant ones near Sslanis. Kill the chickens once you've got all their eggs as they respawn with a full load of eggs on them. Also cows with them too, so get milk here as well

Seems to be similar on Chaos - at least for lower tier stuff, no one wants to buy..

Of course I know the farm... but it is still a time sink, at least much more than other ressource where you can get >100 from one plant which is not running around...

Of course 50 eggs is very much for some little chicken, so maybe I should be grateful that I get any eggs while hitting them with a bucket.. and yes, you really have to kill them, when you finished gathering eggs... I don't like doing that, but it's impossible to get 2000 eggs in one day, if you wait for them to "refill" on their own. Maybe the devs should implement that? Chickens die, when you gathered all their eggs from them?

Just to notice: right now, just a few minutes after posting, someone bought 4 (out of 640) T5 appetizers from the consigner in augh, which were there for two days, now.... just 56 more, and I would have made no loss with the consigner fees... *sigh*
    I wanna be ancient. Why is there no ARoP for Saris?

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Actually, you can harvest and prep food as a confectioner. But if you want to gain XP for your prep work you will need to be a Gatherer at the time.
    So basically Amon, you are telling us to do all of the prep work up front if you want to gain Gatherer XP and then make the final product...

I guess I have been doing my craft wrong then as it takes 6:1 at optimal for bass fillets, which is 4 bass per fillet (because processing points per level are way less than cooking points per level)

So I collect all of the "herbs and chopped veggies" first because they weigh less and are easier to gather and process than fish. Make the fish, and make the dish at the same time, so I lose out on the Gatherer XP.

I guess I should reorganize my thinking if I want to up my 20th level gatherer skills, and process the bass first.

Any way we can get a list of processed foods that will give decent XP for processing them (I am guessing Fish, since it is tiered by level)
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

I'm not telling anyone HOW to do it. Just explaining that Gatherer gains XP for processing, Confectioner for cooking. It works just like with Lairshaper.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Garfonso, people are dying out there at incredible rates. If I may suggest a strategic place to sell your wares, I'd recommend Lemona's in Acul. It's the northernmost 60x100 in Acul and has a tier 4 tavern. Acul is a free teleport from nearly every racial town. It's also very difficult to keep stocked as food leaves there at a phenominal rate, especially after people do Valkor or Reklar hunts.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    Any way we can get a list of processed foods that will give decent XP for processing them (I am guessing Fish, since it is tiered by level)
    If the exp is based on the skill needed, you can get a list fairly simply.

www.hzconfectioner.org.uk

choose "recipes". Filter by "Preparation" skill, and sort by skill needed. Presto In fact, now I have my 2 measly storehouses, and my guildhouse that's beginning to smell a bit funny cos of all the ingredients stored in it, I might switch back to gatherer (lvl 18 atm ) and use my own list to work out what to level it on ..

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    Garfonso, people are dying out there at incredible rates. If I may suggest a strategic place to sell your wares, I'd recommend Lemona's in Acul. It's the northernmost 60x100 in Acul and has a tier 4 tavern. Acul is a free teleport from nearly every racial town. It's also very difficult to keep stocked as food leaves there at a phenominal rate, especially after people do Valkor or Reklar hunts.
    On Chaos we have a tavern, vault, 2 connies, a guildhouse (shrine), and a pawnie on the plots immediately surrounding the Bristugo portal ring. It's really handy because many people bind there, and even when they aren't bound to Bristugo they are porting there. It's the highest traffic area in the game, so it is a great place for a Tavern.

I don't know if it is possible on Order, but if you don't have a tavern on one of those few plots you should look into it.

yeah and food STILL doesn't sell there, gopher.. at least not low tier stuff..

Thread Information