Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Dragon Additions with Blight Update 140

Default Interesting Dragon Additions with Blight Update 140

Blight has been updated with Delta 140 which includes the following additions, changes, and fixes:
    • Additions
      • New spell formula, Primal Health, is now available as loot.
      • New spell formula, Gift of Velocity, is now available as loot.

• Changes
      • Dragon adventurers will now gain 9 points per level in Primal and Tooth&Claw.
      • Breeze, Quickening Breeze, and Rejuvenating Breeze are now on shared timers with themselves.
    I'm really interested in that Primal Health spell. Is it another health buff or is it a dragon heal spell like the Life line "Health" spell.

Gift of Velocity is pretty self-explanatory - 99.9% sure it's a flight spell buff. If we're really lucky it'll include a run speed buff as well

Seeing 9 points per level for Primal and Tooth & Claw was a shocker. I never expected them to do that!
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Default Re: Interesting Dragon Additions with Blight Update 140

Lets see if I can shed some light.

Primal Health = Primal version of the Health spell. Almost an exact copy, but it uses primal skill and is dragon-only.

Gift of Velocity = Primal version of the Gift of Speed spell. Again, almost an exact copy, but it uses primal skill and is dragon-only. No, it doesn't give a run speed buff. That is what Gift of Speed is for.

Oh and on both of these they are currently using their original version's icons but I have a request in for new ones from the Art Team so as soon as they are done I'll update them.

Breeze, Quickening Breeze, and Rejuvenating Breeze are now on shared timers with themselves.
    Not sure I worded this one very well. Let me try to explain. Breeze I to V will now recycle together, Quickening Breeze I to V will together, and Rejuvenating Breeze I to V. They do not cross-recycle. Nor are they linked with any other spells for recycle.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Love the changes, thanks for the dragon love in this patch!

But have to ask:

Additions
    • New spell formula, Primal Health, is now available as loot.
    • New spell formula, Gift of Velocity, is now available as loot.
    So there will Beginner,Journeyman and Expert forms of those drop only from mobs? Or will be the beginner and jman version be aviable from the trainers?

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

All versions are drop-only.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

-smothers the Devs with love-

Thank you! D

Ah good to hear it is not as bad a nerf as I first thought. Basically being brought in line with other spells.

*sputters various variations of 'omg' and 'yesssss'*

Hatchling glide -and- caster love right after I come back? What have I done to deserve this? Man, I hope this stuff goes live soon (though not before bugs are ironed out, of course).

Gift of Velocity is nice, but I'm more interested in everything else.
    Heal spell = concentrated, extra-strength win, as does the increase to the stats/level. Also, another thing not in the initial post: "Drain Strike ability now uses the Primal skill." This is nice; I like this.

Now, if we could just get Gold burst. :P

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    Not sure I worded this one very well. Let me try to explain. Breeze I to V will now recycle together, Quickening Breeze I to V will together, and Rejuvenating Breeze I to V. They do not cross-recycle. Nor are they linked with any other spells for recycle.
    *wipes sweat off her brow* whew! I cant count how many times I had to use the next breeze spell to save my tail, glad they're not all linked together! Seems I got some interesting things to look forward to!

HUGE relief! I was worried for a bit that we'd only have one healing breeze every minute. Ugh!

I like the sound of that Primal Heal, and it's good to see Dev response to the player's requests for a Gift of Velocity. Yay Devs!

As for the +9 TaC/Primal per level... for those of us lv 100 dragons, will we get a magical +100 TaC and Primal once this goes to live?

It is not a heal but the Health Buff. So no it is not a single target heal.

Whoops, that was a typo on my part. Too bad the edit button's gone now. Still, I know why I thought of it that way.

Primal Health = Primal version of the Health spell. Almost an exact copy, but it uses primal skill and is dragon-only.
    Right there, it's health spell, not health buff.

So we get faster flight, extra skill points and healing spells?

Not that I'm complaining at all, but what's with the sudden Dragon love? And specifically, Caster love? Is this the end result of a review, interim band-aids ahead of a review, someone got drunk and copied spells (given the issues discovered with them, this seems plausible ), or just spring-time can-you-feel-the-Primal-love?

And for those at the higher levels, will the extra points be enough to let us cast T5 triple-teched spells? I know that was a concern previously.

I would just like to thank the devs for implementing these changes. The breezes were nice but i always felt that drgons should have had a normal heal outside of instant heal. Also the extra tps to T&C and Primal were most needed. When it comes to the Gift of Velocity, thats was a very big suprise. Thank you again devs.

Thats Awesome, very happy about the 2 new spells, and the improved stats..
    obvioulsy these are retro?
    Reeg: Cleric/Warior/Mage/KnoC - Gath/Miner/Mason/Fitter/Weaver/Carpenter
    Salwyn: Lunas Dragoness
    Guild: Drulkar's Children
    Blight: Irony the Dwarf

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonfyre View Post
    I would just like to thank the devs for implementing these changes. The breezes were nice but i always felt that drgons should have had a normal heal outside of instant heal. Also the extra tps to T&C and Primal were most needed. When it comes to the Gift of Velocity, thats was a very big suprise. Thank you again devs.
    Ebonfyre, It is not a heal spell. It the Health Buff that Bipeds have. The one non-gift one that gives you extra hit points for what 15 min or something or maybe it is 30.

Thanks alot- glad to see this

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Ebonfyre, It is not a heal spell. It the Health Buff that Bipeds have. The one non-gift one that gives you extra hit points for what 15 min or something or maybe it is 30.
    Amon said:
    The GamersInfo site (which is a bit out of date, but that shouldn't matter for this) says:
    Health I
    Heals a character.
    Heals: 25 - 29
    http://horizons.gamersinfo.net/spell...=item&id=17845

So that would be a heal spell, unless the spell is described incorrectly in game (not playing a biped, I'm not sure of the effect) and on that site. If GamersInfo is wrong, fine, but VI need to remove the link from the various places on Istaria.com that point to it.

Antonath
    Last edited by Antonath; May 13th, 2008 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Clarifying stuff

Ah ok. Maybe I am confusing it then. I know there is a HP buff that last 15 or 30 min that I thought sure was called Health. Puts the little green heart. But then I never play a biped and only get the buffs when a passing Biped is bing nice. I stand corrected.

That's "enhance health", "surge of health", "gift of health" or "raise health", all of which boost the max HP.

Then there's "health", "minor health", "major health", "group health" and "revitalize", which are heals.

There's probably others as well, but those are the ones I found under the "life" skill.

It's easy to see why you were confused - I wasn't sure "health" was a heal myself until I checked that site

Maybe we can petition for a name change to "Primal heal" so it's obvious what we're about to do to people...

Just raising the stats doensn't sound like a nice solution to me.

Rather make 2 new quests:
    req: Lunus dragon reward: 1 T&C / level name: True Lunus
    req: Helian dragon reward: 1 T&C / level name: True Helian

Dragons will feel better doing a quest and GAIN something, then
    when they suddenly log on and see their stats raised (or not).

And this gives nice oppurtunity to make a difference between Lunus and Helians.

Another solution can be to raise the T&C bonus from the T&C quests in the range..
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

Thread Information