Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: mounting

Default Re: mounting

I would think they would be carried in claw or on the back. Dragons don't exatly have a soft piece of extra skins like mammals for that purpose... That and umm.. lots of teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    I would think they would be carried in claw or on the back. Dragons don't exatly have a soft piece of extra skins like mammals for that purpose... That and umm.. lots of teeth.
    Besides, isn't their 'hoard pouch' technically their stomach? :P

No. At least I do not think so. I do not eat my hoard. I think we use more of the extra diminitional space like we do for caring stuff.

I think we eat it... why? You can't add stuff to your hoard if you are in Kutit... I know there's lore out there somewhere on this (specifically that we don't eat it but hey.. )...
    Last edited by Shian; April 27th, 2008 at 01:09 AM.

I am SO for dragon riding being a hatchling, I'm obviously excited about my RoP, which will be in... like... much time

bipeds should go on our back, as it is the only place they can fit they would NOT control us and it would be cool to have a little animation, in case the biped is so harassing you might want to eat it (like, maybe a loop in the air to freak him/her out a little and stop his/her chattering) and another one if you dump him out (like, maybe the dragon turns and flies upside down, with his back facing the land, and you see the biped trying desperatly to stay on your back, then falls )

carrying hatchies would be cool too I think dragons should hold us with their front claws, then, if wanted, they could just release their grip and the hatchy would go gliding down (when the glide addition will be out)

khutit transport should be possible, altough i don't really see the utility of it...
    BlueFire Mertandel, angel of the blue mist

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    I think we eat it... why? You can't add stuff to your hoard if you are in Kutit... I know there's lore out there somewhere on this (specifically that we don't eat it but hey.. )...
    I hoard stuff in Khutit form all the time. It is a known bug that the "Add to Hoard" option doesn't appear on the context menu, but just open your equipment window and drag/drop the item onto your hoard. Works like a charm!

No, we don't "eat" it by popping it into our mouths or anything. Most likely, we take the item and reduce it to some kind of primal essence via some short little ritual or ability, and the essence becomes a part of us.

I kind of dislike the idea, really, because my "hoard" isn't physical, like a giant pile of treasure I sleep on somewhere. I mean, I can see that treasure pile in the Equipment window, but it just isn't the same. That's why I also have my "second hoard", which is a pouch in my Vault full of various Ancient and special hoard items that I can show off.

They really need to add a hoard chamber for our lairs which reflects our hoard. Then it would be simply that "hoarding" the item teleports it to our hoard.
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

No.

heres why:

pointless(forthe most part)...dragons fly slower than most bipeds run (no advantage)...setscale lets bipeds go up most mountains.

We would have a lot of annoying peopole naming bipeds eragon, arya or some other horrible misspelling claimning to be a destined dragon riding freak from history/fantasy/neverland.

I don't Rp on HZ (plenty of other outlests for that)...so if they made riding serve a purpose....I'd do it. at present its pointless.

No falling damage has benn implemented. if i can dump a biped in the ocean Id totally do it. In a heart beat, or in the marrows or EDL blights.

I vote never gonna happen, likely never should.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus View Post
    They really need to add a hoard chamber for our lairs which reflects our hoard. Then it would be simply that "hoarding" the item teleports it to our hoard.
    that is so true but if we are a little hatchling, we won't have lairs until like lvl 60 (i think), so where will our hoard go?
    BlueFire Mertandel, angel of the blue mist

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFire View Post
    that is so true but if we are a little hatchling, we won't have lairs until like lvl 60 (i think), so where will our hoard go?
    It goes in the secret Dragon-hatchie vaults, buried deep below Dralk and Chiconis, where hatchies can put their hoard for safe keeping until they can arrange their own security. Kind of like a kids bank account.

Antonath

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblaze View Post
    pointless(forthe most part)...dragons fly slower than most bipeds run (no advantage)...setscale lets bipeds go up most mountains.
    At one point using SetScale in this manner was considered an exploit. Has this changed?

Either way, it doesn't have to be functional to be fun. If everything were a matter of functionality then we could still be using 16 colors, one graphic per armor type and weapon type, and no emotes.

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblaze View Post
    No.
    We would have a lot of annoying peopole naming bipeds eragon, arya or some other horrible misspelling claimning to be a destined dragon riding freak from history/fantasy/neverland.
    hehe, i've actually seen this happen once. saw some biped on NT a few months back who had named his character Eragon, made him look like the movie version (ugh) and was doing nothing but following any dragons that got close enough.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

must have been a kid - i remember when i was young, i named all my d&d characters after my fave movie/book/tv show/song/video game/automobile character.

hence velveeta the cheese queen, from velvet goldmine, from a david bowie song.......
    i've had an elf named moonage daydream.....
    i've had a specialty priest named staff (after a tv character whose show escapes me at the moment)
    i've had a very peladon thief named kittimer praxis (after the star trek movies)
    i've had a ponyboy (from a book), aidan fargo (after a character aidan quinn played).......
    and in rl, i have had cats named duesenburg (the car, obviously - the most beautiful ride in the world), shakti and tada-o (from my most fave game ever).

so i try to be a little forgiving if it is a young person.
    if you are my age and naming things after characters, you are just addicted. at least i try to pick the names most peeps may not know!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Shur View Post
    hehe, i've actually seen this happen once. saw some biped on NT a few months back who had named his character Eragon, made him look like the movie version (ugh) and was doing nothing but following any dragons that got close enough.
    As far as I know its a violation of the EULA if you name your char after movies/characters etc. So Legolas, Gandalf, Eragon, Saphira etc. is a violation.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

boy i hope not, at least not a big sin, tak, considering my copyrighted and trademarked name.......

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Yes, well, I don't think Kraft foods has anything about a bipedal cat that isn't the color of pasteurized processed cheese "food" calling herself a pasteurized process cheese "food".
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

heehee let's hope not!

and hey, i still melt better than cheddar!!

(sorry for the topic hijack - please return to the normally scheduled conversation!)

Despite being a Lunus i have no objection to allowing bipeds to fly with me, what better way to convince those upstart Naka that dragons are their masters then to let them see Istaria roll out beneath them...

In all seriousness though, i think this is a very good idea, however i notice that the thread is several years old, way back in the days of EI. Does anyone know if the riding ability is still being discussed?
    Melanath- level 100 ADV/ 60 DCRA -
    Shas Mackard- Saris Berserker/Outfitter et al

For Lunus, for Dralk! Death before Dishonour!

Its on the pony list as far as I know. Through David once said the dragon models where already designed for mounting. So lets wait and hope!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Takora Drakan View Post
    Its on the pony list as far as I know. Through David once said the dragon models where already designed for mounting. So lets wait and hope!
    A possible reason for our dodgy hovering position? :P I hope it is included though, it would go a long way towards easing tension between bipeds and dragons
    Melanath- level 100 ADV/ 60 DCRA -
    Shas Mackard- Saris Berserker/Outfitter et al

For Lunus, for Dralk! Death before Dishonour!

bipeds riding on dragons doesnt sound so bad unless a biped just happens to be eatin some ice cream then drops it and then the draggyll prolly get mad>.>

Thread Information