Thread: Are Ogres an unlisted Subjugated race?

Default Are Ogres an unlisted Subjugated race?

Are Ogres an unlisted Subjugated race?

I'm not looking at them as playable (or even future playable race), but I'm curious if by Lore they are supposed to be from the Realm of Blight or if they have been subjugated by the Withered Aegis. I'm not certain about all variations of Ogres, but the Ogre Bodyguards are definately not identified as being Undead.

***Edit***
    Arg! After posting this, I realized that there are Ogres native to Istaria. The Sand, Ice, Snow, Flame, and many other Ogres.

So, my question should have been: Are the Ogre Bodyguards around the Cenotaphs supposed to be undead?
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

Default Re: Are Ogres an unlisted Subjugated race?

There are even Nahguk Ogres near Harro. And yes the Orges at the Ceno are undead. At least they look like that to me.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

They might look undead, but they are unaffected by Stand Against Darkness, and probably any other Undead specific spells or abilities.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

Maybe they got charmed by the WA like the Satyr in the past. There could be a machine that hypnoted them like the Satyrs in the past behind the ED castle.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Ogres aren't members of The Gifted. They are indigenous lifeforms like Treants, Skulks, and Golems.

Thread Information