Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Emails sent about plot sizing

Default Re: Amarie vs Velea *pulls scales*

My understanding of the "Emails Sent About Plot Sizing" thread is the same as Mysk's. Note however that I'm not a developer, so take this as a personal opinion, not something enhanced by the Emissary tag.

I think I'd also add the following:

f) If one of the small plots is retained for fear of losing it, but all the space around it is opened up, then *perhaps* that small plot can be expanded into a removed small plot beside it.

g) If retained small plots are landlocked by larger plots that they don't want to change, or by other retained small plots, I'm pretty sure (f) won't occur and you'll be left with the small plot.

h) Keep in mind that changes can only be made if the plots getting removed are owned by the community on Blight, Chaos, AND Order.
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Merged threads for now as they are the same topic.

There's no versus between Velea and I. We're all on the same team.

I know what's happening with the emails, but until I can talk to my "editor" (and the one who sends them out) and a couple other people, I'm not going to try to clarify any more, because every time I do the picture only gets fuzzier.

Thank you, Mysk. That's a WONDERFUL summary and exactly what I've been saying.

As I do the work in each community, no owned plot is being removed. As I do the work in each community the "space" that a plot that is owned in the world has to be contained within the same space in a new larger plot. (Think of a piece of graph paper. If your plot starts at point 100 by 100 and is 25 by 25, when I resize the plot I have to ensure that everything from 100 to 125 on both axis is contained there in. If I wanted to make the plot 40 by 40, but there's another plot right next to it that can't be moved, I can't shift the whole original plot away from it's neighbor because there are likely structures on it that would end up bugged.) There are a great deal of restrictions on what I can feasibly change right now based on what plots are owned on the three shards.

All Amarie has been trying to do with her emails is request that anyone who plans to sell back a plot to the community (be it subscribed player, or friend of a subscribed player), does so now rather than waiting.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I think that we need to send the devs a few dozen cases of the new Dews. Their caffeine levels are getting low and it's making things tough to clarify.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Don't forget the pizza.

Ramen noodles are boring after a while.

Am I hearing that the suggestion to sell now rather than later (if you're planning on selling at some point in the next two months or so) applies to all owners, no matter what their plot size? or is it limited to those with small plots?
    Exploring is a necessary skill, and its not like death is fatal. At least, not for the gifted.

Default Re: Emails sent about plot sizing

Yes, we just had a player come back and renewed her account, her intent is to remove the shared storage and buildings we use for our guild off of her plots and sell them back to the community, in hopes that her two 38 by 38 plots will get "enlarged"

So what Oakleif says is true, people are selling "now" rather than "later" in hopes of a bigger plot come time for resizing.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    Yes, we just had a player come back and renewed her account, her intent is to remove the shared storage and buildings we use for our guild off of her plots and sell them back to the community, in hopes that her two 38 by 38 plots will get "enlarged"

So what Oakleif says is true, people are selling "now" rather than "later" in hopes of a bigger plot come time for resizing.
    What bothers me is that for non guild plots, you sell now, and someone else will sgnatch your plot in your face later.

Imagine i.e. a 38 x 40 plot becoming 75 x 75. No way someone else won't go and buy it before I come back from work, so where would I go then?

If we had a token or something for plots going to be enlarged (not those being killed), that would have helped loads imho.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

I think I read in this thread that once a "plot that is under 1600sq m" is sold, it is locked for possible merging.

I understand your concerns too, the plots get merged and then the original owner of the smaller plot gets screwed because "You snooze you loose"

I really like the idea of a token, but after you sell to the community, how do they keep records of "who gets the token" while you wait for resizing.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34

But Vahrokh, why would you sell if that's the plot you want to keep?

This is what I am having difficulty understanding regarding why you feel there should be tokens given.

If you want to keep the plot you have now, keep your subscription and don't sell your plot.

Let me put it another way and perhaps that will help. It is about 99% likely that if you look on the server you don't play on, see that the plot you own is unowned there, and so sell your plot back to the community hoping it will be resized... It won't even exist after the resizing. I've done about 8 communities at this point. There hasn't been one where I've said "Oh, this plot is unowned, but let me leave it and resize it." If it is totally unowned, it's gone.

So do not sell your plot back to the community if there is ANY chance you want to keep it, because the chance of it still being there when all is said and done is minimal.

Does that help?

[quote=Justa Mirage;187990]Yes, we just had a player come back and renewed her account, her intent is to remove the shared storage and buildings we use for our guild off of her plots and sell them back to the community, in hopes that her two 38 by 38 plots will get "enlarged"
    [quote]

If I was to do this with a plot on Chaos shard, how do I know that the plot is also free on blight and order? Blight I can login to check, but I have no free character slots to check out Order.

I would hate to Doze a plot only to find out that it isn't completely free on another shard... Is there some way to try and co-ordinate this among the shards? I ask because my guildtown has 9 plots, 7 of which are the ultra-tiny variation. 25x30 etc. It would be nice to change a few into larger plots, but is going to take alot of planning ahead on my part and I don't want to even begin unless I know the same thing is happening on Order shard to these same plots.

An alternate option: Is it possible to simply enlarge a couple of the plots into open space that may be available? And if so does this mess up current structures?

I will need time to move bars bricks etc and everything else stored before getting to a point to have the plots resized.

BTW just want to say thanks to Dev's for resizing plots where possible. Lots of nice places that had too small plots. (Community west of bristugo comes to mind, and one on the eastern shore of lesser aradoth as well.)

p.s. Can some lairs be enlarged without breaking currently placed rooms? If so, is this also in the plans?

you can use this page, made by steelclaw (thank you, one of the most useful player made thingie about HZ )

http://www.bristugo.com/node/59

Thanks, thats a very useful map.

Just so I understand it correctly: Any plot that is showing as a square on a particular server is for sale, right?

I ask because the guild community appears to be owned on blight, but free on order. How do the "Condemmed" plots show on the maps?. I guess when I get home from work today I will login to blight to check it out. If those show condemmed, and on Order they are for sale (wouldnt these be condemmed too?), then all that remains is for me to start moving stuff in storage and then deconning...

All marks on the maps are plot/lairs for sale. Dots are regular plots/lairs while squares are guild plot/lairs. Lairs are the pinks marks, plots the blue ones, yellow the "unknown" ones (mostly resized plots).
    The condemned plots seems to be shown as "for sale" ; this map has been done several months ago and thus there were no condemned plots.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    But Vahrokh, why would you sell if that's the plot you want to keep?

This is what I am having difficulty understanding regarding why you feel there should be tokens given.

If you want to keep the plot you have now, keep your subscription and don't sell your plot.

Let me put it another way and perhaps that will help. It is about 99% likely that if you look on the server you don't play on, see that the plot you own is unowned there, and so sell your plot back to the community hoping it will be resized... It won't even exist after the resizing. I've done about 8 communities at this point. There hasn't been one where I've said "Oh, this plot is unowned, but let me leave it and resize it." If it is totally unowned, it's gone.

So do not sell your plot back to the community if there is ANY chance you want to keep it, because the chance of it still being there when all is said and done is minimal.

Does that help?
    from what I am gathering by chatting with some people including guildies, is that some people want a bigger plot, but they want the bigger plot where they already are.

It's kind of like, "Ok I want a bigger house. The neighborhood 10 miles away in another community might have a big house for sale."

Do I wait for the 'plot reclamation' and bid on a bigger plot in another community, keeping my smallish < 1600sq. m plot?

Do I release it in hopes that it will be merged after having checked the other shards for similar vacancies?

Can we be notified (after Virtrium does the shard surveys) of "If THESE plots were to be cleared of ownership, chances are good that they will be resized before making the plunge of deconning the present plot in hopes for a larger one in the same community?")

A lot of questions to be sure. If someone sits on their <1600 plot for a bigger one to come along after resizing / plot reclamation, that could potentially tie up a possible area for enlargement due to the uncertaincy.

Handy map. But it's not totally, 100% complete. My lair and the two next to it aren't on there.

Quote Originally Posted by Favoran View Post
    Handy map. But it's not totally, 100% complete. My lair and the two next to it aren't on there.
    ... maybe because you own it ?

Exclamation Re: Emails sent about plot sizing

OK.. Here's a question I haven't seen asked...

Plot A, B & C are condemed and have been sold back to community on Chaos...
    Plot A, B & C are owned by community on Blight...
    Plot B is owned by community on Order, but Plot A & C are owned by inactive accounts and set for reclaim.

In this situation would Devs reclaim & increase the size of the plots before auctions, reclaim the plots & set then as condemed after auctions to be increased at a later date or just leave the tiny plots as they were with no changes ever?

I am in a situation where I see this could be happening and a guild town that really needs redesign could be neglected.

Summer

Simple and straightforward... If it is owned on any server anywhere, just assume we can't touch it.

Here's the final word on this "1600" issue. If a plot is unowned on all three shards, it may disappear if the community being worked on needs the space. We have pro-actively reserved all small plots since those are often considered too small and will be first in line if we need to clear up space.

If a plot is owned, it doesn't matter what size the plot is. We will not take a plot away from any current subscriber. And we will not take away a plot from someone who owns it until after we start reclaiming plots.

If you have a plot which you feel is "too small" for your needs, and are willing to be "plotless" for a time, sell it back to the community.

Ignore everything Velea or I have said about the 1600 rule. Consider it for internal development use only, if you want. If you want to remember it, then do so as the goal that we're going to try to make plots larger

Thread Information