Thread: Considering selling a Boar Hide Mask

Hybrid View

Default Considering selling a Boar Hide Mask

Well I can't believe I'm considering this, but given the increases to plot and lair prices I'm now giving it some serious thought.

What should I do? Leave my dryad event collection completely intact (I have all items including the wands and scrolls), or part with one of the most favoured items in the game in exchange for cold hard cash to use for auction bids? I didn't bring a large fortune across from Unity and a lot of money has been spent on new confectioner formulas so I do need to come up with some sort of money-spinner if I'm wanting my old home back!

So firstly what should I be looking for in terms of a fair price for a boar hide mask in today's economy on Chaos? I've had some suggestions from people I know in-game, but in reality an item is only worth what people who want it are actually willing to pay.

More importantly, who is interested in buying the mask? I mean, if people are waiting in anticipation of the auctions, then spending money on a BHM is going to be low on the priority list. In a way I almost hope that no-one wants to buy it so I can keep the dryad event collection intact but I wouldn't be posting here if I wasn't seriously considering selling it.

Default Re: Considering selling a Boar Hide Mask

I'm pretty sure it will sell. I'd love to buy it, but I'm sure I'd be outbid by large amounts.

However, I am responding to say that I'm interested in seeing all the items from that event. Not to buy them, but just to see them.

Could you contact me in-game one day if you see me on?
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

What do you mean see them??? You mean link I assume

If I were you I would leave the collection intact. Wait a while to save/earn money another way, plots and layers will be there now and in a few months they still will be there.
    But if you sell your mask it is lost for you forever.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

I would never ever sell it.
    Think it over.
    It´s one of the rares, that will become a legend one day^^
    As Sigi said-there will always be a plot...
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

I have a collection of rare items both useful and mundane from Istaria's history that could be compared to Takora's own, the problem is deciding what to part with in order to allow myself to have at least a reasonable chance of securing my old plot during the up-coming auctions.

Primal Flash technique, spirit webbing technique (it's a dryad event item but I already have one scribed so technically I wouldn't be breaking that collection by selling the unscribed tech), veteran dark garnet crystal, the very unique Shoulder Bessie (only two were ever awarded, one on Chaos and one on Unity), to name but a few trinkets that could be considered viable alternatives to sell instead of the BHM. I've also got a few PMs to check and respond to, so maybe something can be worked out that will alleviate the need for a quick sale.

One thing I will make clear to those who have sent messages with private bids - if there's going to be a bidding war for a BHM it will be a public auction. It definitely will not be one of these unfair cloak and dagger / behind the scenes auctions where no-one really knows if the seller has integrity.

Hi Goog. Does your original offer still apply for the Primal Flash technique? Your reduced offer has been easily outbid in-game, but your original offer is still 5 gold more than the highest offer I've had so far.

If you'd still like the Primal Flash technique please let me know what name you go by in-game and when you are likely to be online (please take into account timezones, I go by GMT, right now it's BST which is GMT+1).

70 gold, or the next highest offer of 65 gold is more than enough for auction bids so with Primal Flash being sold I have little need to sell the other items I have offered here but I will still sell them if someone requires them.

Thank you for everyone's interest. The outcome enables me to participate in the auctions on a reasonable footing compared to those who have tens or hundreds of gold and so I really appreciate being able to do business with avid collectors.

Ok sounds good. I'll send you a PM with the details. Look forward to seeing you in game

I also have an unbound BHM and despite I am not a collector (I just happen to have a number of old things) I agree with the others: selling it is not advisable. Plots come and go, BHM won't.
    Vahrokh Vain - Ancient dragon level 100 adv 100 craft 34M of untainted, fireworks and other crap free hoard.
    Isarion - Reaver Healer Spiritist, many craft classes.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Make sure you try them on first, to check their not one of the bugged ones that don't give the buffs.

*evil grin*

Thread Information