Default Re: Questions about Customizable Gear

Here you go, Velveeta!

Velveeta

Snake Eyes

Enjoy!
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

wowsers, that's really neat! way to go, velveeta!
    wish i could come up with something showing a klava maker, but even i'm not sure what that'd look like. maybe i could work on something similar to http://community.istaria.com/gallery/pic.php?id=663 instead... i'll need to get a new picture for it though. *goes to read some of the instructions on how to do special orders*

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

just got the confirm emails and had to check em out!
    they are totally kewl beans awesome sauce! better than i even thought they would be! thanx so much, from me and snake! (who is asleep now, but i can't wait to show him our xmas prezzies!!)

no matter what anyone else says, you guys at vi are pretty okay with me and snake!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Very impressive!!

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Velveeta- we got shirts and a sweat,
    have already washed them 3x : No shrinking, no loss of colors, great quality
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

those are totally awesomesauce
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

bad news: mcafee updates made me restart and now i can't get into game.....

good news: i just completed the order for our spiffy new shirts!! i went with the black v-neck tee, snake choose the sample shirt, only with black sleeves......

let's just hope i can get back into game before the shirts show!

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    wowsers, that's really neat! way to go, velveeta!
    wish i could come up with something showing a klava maker, but even i'm not sure what that'd look like. maybe i could work on something similar to http://community.istaria.com/gallery/pic.php?id=663 instead... i'll need to get a new picture for it though. *goes to read some of the instructions on how to do special orders*

photoshop you holding an imperial urn or similiar beverage container looking thing? with a sahweet towel on the other arm?
    nambroth did it, sorta, with vel's portrait.......

got the shirts today!! i am beyond expressing how awesome they are! i highly recommend anyone able to, to immortalize a crystal moment of istarian love for themselves! i cannot find the words to tell you how kewl you feel holding a piece of your beloved game, unimaginary and tangible, in your hands! x333

its so kewl that - with permission by the owners, of course (if i may presume, from previous conversations, to have that of the current owners), please pm me if you do not give permission - i plan to buy a small token of each custom image. a new collection, as it were - just can't decide between journals or casters.......not that i would ever use them, of course!

All of the designs in the shop are available for purchase, Vel, including the custom designs.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

lo - can we get custom designs on things not listed on the offering page? for instance, only sephi has magnets, buttons, and coasters......

i have collected buttons forever and it would be kewl to add to them!

Sephie's image is also the only round custom design we have so far. The buttons, coasters, etc. can have any image added to them, but won't display a non-round design correctly.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

I was curious, why is it VI will make shirts with a saying like the Lesbian dryads with a sexual nature? If I posted a statement like that even here in the boards I would be modded, this does not seem quite fair. Also why would a game that has children playing need a shirt talking about naked toons "frolicing"? Sorry this post might be a bit late, just have not been on recently. Also this shirt was approved by VI, can I ask who?
    Last edited by Maliki; November 21st, 2008 at 04:16 PM.

The design was approved by Rick. The game has a Teen rating, so there will be content that is potentially unfit for small children and parents need to be aware of that.

I'll let one of the moderators answer the other part of the question...
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

I was also looking in the Rules of Play Conduct, might want to look at rule 9. Im thinking that since this is still VI based forums/VI game related materials the same standards would apply to VI that does to the player base.
    RoC #9 states: Post or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, sexually explicit, obscene, vulgar, harassing, defamatory, hateful, or otherwise objectionable content or images or links to such images.

otherwise objectionable?
    Several of the player base has come to me or discussed this with me, so I am not just speaking for myself

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

So, according to those who've discussed it with you, that particular design falls under "otherwise objectionable"?

The RoC clearly states in it's preamble:
    "The following are the basic Rules of Conduct for playing Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted. While playing the game, you must respect the rights of others and their right to enjoy and play the game. These guidelines must be followed by everyone playing the game and will be monitored and enforced by us."

Something to keep in mind as well, the image on that design was originally done as a splash screen for in-game.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Its the sexual message it portrays is what I was refering to, but to each thier own... was not refering to the image. Which you are correct. I do not want to derail thread so forget about it, was just pointing out how the rules are bent for certain ppl around here is all. So I will not post further on this

Maliki, the three dryads image was created to promote the game and the game's owner has determined that it is not sexually explicit, obscene, or vulgar. You are entitled to hold your own opinion about it, of course, and if you find it objectionable, that's your right as well. However, a decision has been made as to the suitability of the image and that decision is to allow it.

Your comment about "the rules being bent for certain people" is inappropriate, however. The image is acceptable and allowed, therefor displaying it violates no rules.

*Edit* Sorry, the remainder of my comment was due to a misreading & was posted in error.
    Last edited by LaughingOtter; November 21st, 2008 at 08:36 PM.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

It is not the image that bothers him but the naked frolicking. I can understand how it could be taking in the wrong way, and has been it seems. Myself it does not bother me. But as to the rules being bent something this on the line can be hard to call and until someone says they are offended other might not know it is offensive.

Quote Originally Posted by C`Gan
    The RoC clearly states in it's preamble:
    "The following are the basic Rules of Conduct for playing Istaria: Chronicles of the Gifted. While playing the game, you must respect the rights of others and their right to enjoy and play the game. These guidelines must be followed by everyone playing the game and will be monitored and enforced by us."
    And likewise, Maliki's rights and sense of what is objectionable or not should also be respected.

IIRC, when the dryad image was first released, there were questions/concerns regarding the suitability of naked dryads as the game's splashscreen as well as other objections/criticisms regarding the choice of that image.
    Last edited by LaughingOtter; November 21st, 2008 at 08:33 PM. Reason: Thread clean-up

Thread Information