Thread: Vault Quests

Default Vault Quests

This wasnt mentioned in the patch notes but i'd like to point out for those that are not aware yet...that there are 2 additional vault capacity quests that went live today as well. Talk to grant smyth in taz vault to start em up. Did em both neither are bugged, 3000 bulk in vault now. Be aware they do cost a few silver ;-)
    Soaring the skies of Istaria every day.

Default Re: Vault Quests

if its the run around take pictures with a "camera" quest and find out where the union workers are gathering, those are old quests.

Pre-merge you could upgrade your vault to 3k bulk. I dont think those are new
    Cauri BloodBane - Order
    100 DADV / 100 D C R A

Giantess

Default Vault Quests Broke

I did the Vault of Istaria Data one and didn't get the upgrade, am I suppose to relog?

I recieved the next upgrade quest as well . . . Imaging Stone. Don't want to do it if I am gonna lose $ again.

Giantess

Default Re: Vault Quests Broke

^ I relogged and recieved the upgrade . . . thank goodness!

I am up to vault v, 3000 limit, not sure if thats right as I can't remember what it was prior to the vault being overloaded.

I only had a III vault, so today I ran around and did the quests to upgrade to the a V vault - 3000 bulk (an extra 200 each upgrade).

I did hear that there were going to be more upgrades to come - going up to VIII. Anyone have any info on this? I ran out of time before I had a change to see if any more quests are on offer now.
    Crafter 190 Adventurer 149 Dryad - Order

lol yes those arent new...major newb moment on my part my bad! LOL. aye i did hear as well that there were gonna be additional quests though.
    ********...embarrassing =P
    Soaring the skies of Istaria every day.

We are currently working on vault quests up to at least Vault X (we're testing through X, will probably continue past this point). These will result in greater bulk capacity, not additional "slots".

David Bowman
    David Bowman

Thank you David!

Can you give us some idea as to how large the bulk capacity will be at Vault X, and how much it will cost us to upgrade that high?
    Before you criticize anyone, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away. And you'll have his shoes.

Giantess

Fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by David Bowman
    We are currently working on vault quests up to at least Vault X (we're testing through X, will probably continue past this point). These will result in greater bulk capacity, not additional "slots".

David Bowman
    I'm glad to hear that, but I have to ask if the projected increases are going to be large enough to be useful and if the cost will be proportional to the increase? The current level IV & V increases each cost as much as a plot, but only add 200 bulk. This isn't a very good value. :-)

This is one of those issues that potentially impacts every player; please share your plans with us and get some community feedback before finallizing the implementation.

[:)]
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

David Bowman
    Does it mean the older quest will be revised too? 600+ silvers for a mere 1000 upgrade reward is sure not worth the effort.

Please, make those quest available to everyone, not for the rich players only.
    Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

I would like to see a vault quest that requires something more than just a lot of coin - those aren't really "quests" and the T5 upgrade hardly qualified as one either (plus all the coin).

Even before the merge and the super vault I had a very hard time holding all my stuff - I need more options for storage and silos don't cut it - I didn't have resources in my vault pre-merge. While a house can help, it's largely limitted to low stack.

All I'm saying is that the vault is the obvious choice for this and we need to have scalable choices.
    Dalthbar Bruisebringer
    Order [Spirit] Shard
    Mystic Blades

81 Fitter
    65 Spearman
    (plus a lot more)

Solarayne Starfyre

Quote Originally Posted by Dalthbar
    I would like to see a vault quest that requires something more than just a lot of coin - those aren't really "quests" and the T5 upgrade hardly qualified as one either (plus all the coin).

Even before the merge and the super vault I had a very hard time holding all my stuff - I need more options for storage and silos don't cut it - I didn't have resources in my vault pre-merge. While a house can help, it's largely limitted to low stack.

All I'm saying is that the vault is the obvious choice for this and we need to have scalable choices.
    I agree. I'm glad, overall, to hear that there's planned to be more increases available. I'd like to hear a bit more in detail about it though, too, especially as for what the end-stage total space will/would be...

It would be nice if there were some different options available, as for obtaining the upgrades. Paying a ton of coin for each one shouldn't be the only available option. While I myself could manage it, there's many that could not. On top of that, the space gain (200) really is rather "minimal" for the cost (200Sp).of the latter upgrades. Not sure how long or much work it would take, but would be nice to see if there were also some actual quests able to be done to obtain them, to take the place of having to fork over a ton of coin each time....

Quests involving Ingenuity would be the perfect candidate for increasing the vault.

Dragon Lairs: Istaria's ghetto

Clare

David Bowman
    That's nice. I can use the extra bulk space. The real problem I have always had, though, is the "slots", or item stack. Even with the increased vault of the past couple months I was in trouble with the item stack. Tech comps! These things are low bulk, but they count for a stack. And with the increase to the number of tech comps now. Between the comps, all my tools, and the various sets of cargo armor (can't just toss the old flax stuff, I need it for some schools) the item count causes me more trouble than anything. In another MMORPG (AO) we had only so many slots available for storage, but we could put things in bags, which only took the space of the bag, not the things in the bag. I use bags here, but they just add one to the item stack, not reduce it.

Agreed - some (most?)crafters dont need the bulk, they need the slots ... a tech intensive (eg. spellcrafter, tinker, tailor/armorer)or component intensive craft (eg. alchemist, confectioner, jeweller ...)

Im leaning towards full time enchanter due to the huge slot demand on being a compleet spellcrafter.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    Garden Gnome - Order
    Impure Mage lvl 52 / Enchanter 45 / Spellcrafter 42 / Mason 23
    ( Last of the Forgotten )
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    (99.6% html free signature)
    Nicolas de Chamfort : "Swallow a toad in the morning and you will encounter nothing more disgusting the rest of the day."

Thread Information