Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Blight Anchors

Sithus

Default Re: Blight Anchors

Yesterday, and earlier today, all the blight anchors on order near the mithril field were gone and there was no WA running around killing hardy crafters in cargo armor. A few hours ago they reappeared. Am guessing we kill em all... mine the blighted nodes, delete the blighted mithril, mine good nodes for like8-12 hours, then WA comes back and reblights, then repeat? Think I am gonna go back to adventuring a while =) (7 dp today fighting the forces of evil) How about the WA leave the resource fields and attack a town or something? Shrug =)

Sithus , thats because I killed all the blight anchors around the mithril last night :P
    Frons Von Frik - Order

And, let's not forget, that now the marble on Chaos is heavily infected. This is just over the top. The anchors have been killed, so have the mobs, several times, and the blight remains. This is a BRILLIANT thing to do just mere days b4 the vaults shrink, and WoW beta is going on, and EQ2 is out.

Checked MP channel count, prior to Tuesday it was over 200+, started tapering off, and this weekend it was typically 120-ish.

And now they're adding t4 anchors, without the t5 ones being fixed??
    Ssinti Chaos Shard Horizons
    70 Druid WoW Emerald Dream
    Sinti 12 Cleric DDO Online
    Sintiel 50 LM LOTRO

Spiritblade

Heh, I'm trying to do my part in completing our Guildhouse by gathering ironsilk for the bolts and taps needed but, unfortunatley, all the ironsilk is blighted and there's Blight Mobs in HUGE size groups that keep traveling in circles around the tower there (and sometimesrunning full speed from some random direction across the island bound for who knows where lol)

The Mob types come in a great variety, including greater thunder blights, greater mummies, blight defenders, blight substantiators, Abombination of Pain, etc. And since even if I sneak in and avoid them it won't even let me gather the blighted stuff (not from lack of skill....it just won't respond to a gathering attempt) I can't do the ironsilk weaving on our guildhouse, and all our guildies waiting on their plots are kinda getting the shaft because of this :(

Did a little Blight Anchor busting on Order last night, and it was a blast. The thing had set up shop south of Kirasanct, just down the hill from where the topaz and jade fields are, and was merrily blighting everything it could. Couldn't get much help at first, but then I went to the Market channel and sent "Kiss your gems GOODBYE." That produced a response.
    [;)]

Got killed twice while tearing the thing down; once during initial probing of the thing's defenses, the second time when the fragments of the 'dead' Blight Anchor suddenly turned into a platoon of L80 mobs and I was too close. Some of those blight wraiths are out-and-out kamikazes (sacrificers, I think they were called), and love to blow themselves up right in your face.
    [:O]

BTW: I think I've stumbled upon something here: first, all the Blight Wraith guards agro on you when you pick on one of them, including all the sacrificers. Second, the sacrificers don't ration themselves; all of them blow themselves up on the first agro-ed player. It killed me, but it left the Anchor's defenses severely depleted for a time as a result. Hm; maybe bring along someone who normally couldn't help with something at this level, to "burn-up" the defenses before the real hitters close in? IN-teresting....
    [I]

Anyway, here's some pics from the fracas. The guards had been eliminated by the time this one was taken and we were hitting the Anchor itself. The second image was taken at the moment of the Anchor's 'death.' Enjoy.

To the Devs: Excellent work on this, IMO. Good setup, very nice artwork. Only things I could possibly kvetch about were the way the combat lag went berzerk when the wraiths swarmed one of us, and the fact that wraith looting seems to be inoperative. Otherwise, though, a marvelous addition to the game.
    [:D]

Regards;
    --------->Hasai

"I feel like a fugitive from the Law of Averages."

We were able to push back the anchors at the mithril fields last night. It was a tough fight and we racked up a few DPs, but after a while we started making a dent in the mobs

The first thing you have to do is kill the anchor. If you do it any other way its a waste of time.

The next thing you need to start doing it tearing away at the spectres and mobs. The spectres spread the blight so the sooner they are gone, the quicker regular nodes return.
    The mob swarms are deadly, and one problem is, if you don't kill them all, they will respawn more and more. If you don't loot the bodies, they will respawn more.

I think the balance is very good now, challenging. I noticed they took the spectres from lvl 100 to lvl 80. The only problem I have is the anchor and mobs die, but still spawn more after death. If that was eliminate, the spectres going back up a bit tougher would be doable.

Thread Information