Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Nadia Discussion

Default Re: Nadia Discussion

The interesting thing is when i started playing game and hunted satyrs i never even heard of nadia.

Everyone used to take there comps and sell them at Nim's mall at deserts edge. It was awesome. You could go there and usually always find what you were looking for and some of us who exclusively liked to hunts comps did just that. Hunted them and put them on the connies there. And if i recall the connies even were sorted by teir.

Those were the days.........

Talking about satyr-

meanwhile I feel you seem to be an unexperienced or lazy player, if you do not like to hunt there

Well - I do not like to hunt there for very personal reasons: I have an eye prob, and can`t see well on this islands.

But it would be helpful if any Island has its own mobs- atleast we have 4.
    And sure- the drop rate has to be increased.

And I do not agree, that a drag has an easier job there- when I see what my biped friends can do. Being able to fly up does not kill mobs or make it easier to loot (often enough the dead bodys had vanished when I landed again^^).
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

And again the question others asked before:
    Why remove Nadja?
    Why now?

Game enrichment?
    Well...that does not convince me.
    Having a choice is always better.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Maybe it is to move away from the crafter centric game, to offer adventures something to do? To teach newer pl;ayers to relay more on other players then the NPCs.

Maybe another way is as new techs are added add new components that are purposely and clearly stated as so, not put on the Nadia.

time for my 2 cp, i guess...
    Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    From the other thread, I wanted to break this discussion out so we can keep them separate.

My reasoning for removing Nadia: She is a crutch. Removing her allows crafter-adventurer interdependency because adventurers are then needed to go gather tech comps from the mobs. In my opinion leaving her in for so long (and continuing to do so) is a bug in the game. It artificially caps prices for tech comps and it makes the effort of adventurers less valuable than it may actually be.
    i'm not sure there's enough adventurers willing to hunt to supply crafters with techs to take her out completely, even after the unavailable-from-drops comps are dealt with.

capping prices? i don't see anyone charge nearly what she does for comps.

adventurers less valuable? it's more an availability issue; if they are around, they will supply comps for much less than anyone can purchase them from nadia. coin is much more easily attained as loot than from sale of comps.

i guess i do not see nadia as anything to worry about taking action on as she is. besides, at least while she's there i know who the withered aegis spy in bristugo is!

I'm one for keeping Nadia in game.

There's been plenty of times I've seen lvl 100 crafters needing high end tech comps but can't hunt for them themselves because their adventure level is way to low, and you don't see a heck of a lot of tech comps on the market these days. I think that would be an unfair disadvantage to those players who are high lvl crafters, but low lvl adventurers.

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    Maybe another way is as new techs are added add new components that are purposely and clearly stated as so, not put on the Nadia.
    Now this is probably one of the best suggestions I've seen here, though I would like to expand on it a bit...

I think it should be comps for NEW techs and T6 techs, not already existing techs. Since T6 Techs aren't even implimented yet, this change would affect new and old player alike...not to mention the idea of NEW Techs and how it might add some spice to the game and Hmm...maybe, just maybe those triple teched T5 armors and scales have to be rethought??
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

why get rid of nadia i say keep her but she should get a price cut I think some stuff on there is to much to pay or have a second person like her but with cheaper goodies in a different place might enrich the game more
    Dragon lv 100, Craft 85, Lairship 30
    [/url][br]Feed Me![br]Feed Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Anime View Post
    why get rid of nadia i say keep her but she should get a price cut I think some stuff on there is to much to pay or have a second person like her but with cheaper goodies in a different place might enrich the game more
    The reason they are "thinking" of removing is for that exact reason. Nadia has become a crutch. Why hunt if you can just purchase the items from her. And, If you reduce the price even more then no one will hunt for comps anymore.

I say "thinking" because it is almost a foregone conclusion that she will be removed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoberton View Post
    The reason they are "thinking" of removing is for that exact reason. Nadia has become a crutch. Why hunt if you can just purchase the items from her. And, If you reduce the price even more then no one will hunt for comps anymore.

I say "thinking" because it is almost a foregone conclusion that she will be removed.

Ahhh I get your point yeah that would stop people go hunt for the items it does make things easy for people and cut price people won't bother anymore go hunting for them
    Dragon lv 100, Craft 85, Lairship 30
    [/url][br]Feed Me![br]Feed Me!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i still vote no........but i am a fan of the underdog....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Throwing in my two cents

If the t5 drop rates stay as they are now then I am against removing nadia completly. Perhaps instead remove the lower end tech components as they seem to drop more frequently and are easier to collect even for my lower end alts. Spending all day gathering mithril frags or all week gathering blue vex fringes isnt very fun.

If the drop rates, or in some cases the spawn rate, are increased then I could find myself agreeing with her removal. I rarely buy from nadia if I can help it. Her prices are just too steep and money is never in great supply. Occasionally I do buy a few from her if I need to make someone something and just dont have the items in storage.

Muslyx

As long as some comps are not so heavily used (one that shows it is used in 10 different techs vs others used in 2 or 3), and the no longer dropping comps are addressed, I still say take her out.

People need more reasons to group up and go hunting again.

No, you aren't likely to go solo to the satyr isles and get everything yourself. Not right away anyway. Take friends

I wanted to take a moment to thank you all for your discussion in this thread. It is good to see a discussion about game features that is constructive from all points of view.

Getting feedback on which comps are difficult and why is very useful and allows us to look into it further. For example, many of the monsters you mentioned had resources on their "specific" treasure tables. So, a Mithril Golem would drop mithril ore. Great, yes, if you are a crafter and trying to get more ore. But not so great if you are killing golems for tech comps or trophies because the ore "cluttered" the table.

For example, the Mithril golem loot table had a much higher percent chance of dropping ore before dropping tech comps or trophies. Removing the ore increases the chance of the other two. Besides, if you want ore you still get it by gathering from the dead golem itself.

Anyway, the point being that we appreciate the feedback. It helps us improve things and make the game less tedious and more fun.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Well I guess I can call myself a "Crafter" at this point..

And as to you point Amon I think that would be an excellent solution - as I've never found the 2-5 ore pieces to be helpful if you're out digging. You're giong to be harvesting the mob for its ore anyway, the fact that a few more are on the loot table doesn't really make any difference.

And if removing that option ups the rate for more significant drops (i.e. more useful), then I say sounds good to me...

I do'nt know of any crafter who would use the drops of ore as his material source. Just too highly inefficient (lol).
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Just remember, though, that those ore that are lootable are the only ones that count for the Gnomekindle quests...
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by Veruliyam View Post
    Just remember, though, that those ore that are lootable are the only ones that count for the Gnomekindle quests...
    Was about to say the same, consider that please for future quests.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

I would suggest leaving nadia until there exists an asynchronous method for ordering comps.

We need a broker, kind of like a consigner but when you want a comp you put the money up and the anyone else can come along and sell the comp to the broker, where the seller gets the money and the component goes into the buyers vault. This would allow a person to offer to purchase a component without the need for both people to be online at the same time.

Theramin

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

really what harm is she doing?
    if you don't want to partake of her goods, then don't.
    why should those of us who do, for whatever reason, not have her? so what if we are lazy or rich or whatever evil thing we are?
    its enough that we got rid of all her kin (after, i might add, i spend a fortune in gp buying forms.......so much for the economic stimulus angle....)

still very totally most emphatically against getting rid of nadia..........
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    Well I guess I can call myself a "Crafter" at this point..

And as to you point Amon I think that would be an excellent solution - as I've never found the 2-5 ore pieces to be helpful if you're out digging. You're giong to be harvesting the mob for its ore anyway, the fact that a few more are on the loot table doesn't really make any difference.

And if removing that option ups the rate for more significant drops (i.e. more useful), then I say sounds good to me...

I do'nt know of any crafter who would use the drops of ore as his material source. Just too highly inefficient (lol).
    Highly inefficient.. But I have done it before... need just a little of X material and the character isnt high enough to dig it? Kill the mobs and loot! In fact I had a friend do that when I was making scales for them once so they had something to do to "help" while I was gathering other stuff. They couldnt dig t5 but they could loot it *nods*

Though... giving them a more quil rate would be preferable. And think we would be mostly fine them not dropping pieces like that

Soraii

Thread Information