Thread: Redbacked Spiders!

Default Redbacked Spiders!

I don't know what it is about these things. Maybe their spawn field is just too large, or something, but they're a huge pain to track down and kill for any purpose. Particularly hard is trying to gather those breeder eyes... You're looking at a good hour of hunting for a measly 5 or 6 components - not from lack of drop rates, but from lack of mobs. Might I suggest that the field get a bit of a jolt in spawn rates?
    <----clicky!

Default Re: Redbacked Spiders!

Surely you enjoy the scenery while waiting for the spawn Fav? :P You can always pick cotton while you're waiting!

Hmm

Seems to me that devs have fixed this spawn couple times in last couple years - just think how bad it was back then..

Knossos

There spawn was completely adjusted in the Feb. content patch. So was the drop rate of the component. Really doubt this is still a problem, in other words.

You do need to keep moving around the area now. Can't just stay in one spot and hope the spiders come to you.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

yeap, i agree with vel, at least as far as the moving around bit - the mob field is very large and you need to move up and down it, but mw was able to find all he needed (doing a couple advent quests) with a little patience and perhaps a speed gift........F10 comes in very handy!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I just spent about 15 minutes on Blight checking out the spawn and respawn in just part of the spider area. I counted 22 spiders spawned. Killed 3, and almost immediately saw 1 more spawn when the third one fell.

My issue was always finding a bunch when I didn't -need- to find a bunch...

*Kandrin sees a spider*
    *Kandrin pounces on the spider*
    *Ten spiders pounce on Kandrin*

Quote Originally Posted by StalePopcorn View Post
    Surely you enjoy the scenery while waiting for the spawn Fav? :P You can always pick cotton while you're waiting!
    Dragons can't harvest cotton, though, can they?

Doesn't matter now, I guess, since it seems the devs changed the spawns in the February update. Yay!
    <----clicky!

Quote Originally Posted by Favoran View Post
    Dragons can't harvest cotton, though, can they?
    They can't. Through I never understood that they can harvest fragile herbs but fail to harvest a few cotton things.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

From last night this is no longer a problem. On Order the spawn seemed almost over whelming. A lot of good thing happened to the spawns it seems.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i would imagine that it is because they don't need to........
    i always thoght its not that draggys can't harvest wood and cloth, its that they never had the interest........

(not saying its logical or true, just my thoughts on the matter.... )
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thread Information